Possible move to Australia...should i take my NSX?

If i took my 91 NSX (Black on Ivory, 84k, Automatic) to Australia...and decided to sell it at some point...What could i sell it for? I have been informed that due to the Xs rarity
'downunder' the car could bring in the neighborhood of 50k USD, while new 03s are selling around 264K. I figure after the exchange rate, I still might be able to make more money than I would in the States due to their limited # of Xs??? I should add that shipping is the least of my concerns. I am more worried about importing a car that i cant sell, because it might be too expensive to sell to the average person.

Any ideas?
Perhaps this would make an Aussie very happy...even if its a LHD
(well Rare for them). If anyone from Australia knows anyone
that might be interested...Please let me know.

Thanks

You wont be able to import your NSX to Australia. They dont allow LHD cars unless they meet VERY strict criteria. (Antiques or cars they cant get in OZ already...ie american muscle cars) They do sell NSX's in oz so they wont allow your LHD.

Not worth it and also difficult.

Better off buying a locally imported NSX around US$40-50K I know its more but they're generally lower K's. Or u can wait till next year where 15 year old import rule comes into effect for the NSX which means you can bring 15 year old NSXs from japan without worrying bout taxes so expect around US$20-23K.

If you're moving to Australia, welcome aboard. :cool:

NSX's seem to be garage queen's here in Australia. :( I second NSXBOX- Bringing a LHD here isn't worth your trouble.
Too bad... we need more NSX's imported here. :D

We're thinking of moving to Aus. I've looked into taking the NSX too. As we're in the UK, RHD is not a problem. According to my research taking a car that is more than 10 years old, means there is no import duty. Is this correct? It's a personal import, as I already have owned the car for more than a year.

As has been stated, not worth your while as LHD cars cannnot be imported (besides some exceptions). Nsx's arent that popular with the general public (and because of overpricing), there is definite v8 mentality. You'll see what i mean when you get there.

Hey NSXBOX your magazine arrive yet?

hmmm

I would do some research on that before abandoning the idea.

I'm pretty sure there is a quite a good personal import scheme that you may be able to get you car in under. It's worth finding out anyway.

Re: hmmm

slammed said:
I would do some research on that before abandoning the idea.

I'm pretty sure there is a quite a good personal import scheme that you may be able to get you car in under. It's worth finding out anyway.

I did.....

If your so sure, why dont you do some research and let us know?

Not exactly sure but i think that 15 year old cars are allowed as LHD cars which is why they are letting F40s on the road but not the ENZO.

But your chances of selling it is ZERO unless you do a conversion and then your chance of selling it is 10%.

Back