Porsche owner thinking about an NSX

MoreRPMs said:
That car would sell for $80K private, even with '07 TT on sale next month for $123K? I'd dump it now, before it tanks....and soon. :wink:

haha good luck buying a 997tt for 123k. Base price is supposed to start at 130k:wink:

TURBO2GO said:
The Supra is not in the same class as the NSX. In its class, the NSX has been #1 for years.

I've seen the Supra and the NSX tested in the same "class" of cars for years. I have one right in front of me - Motor Trend from 1993 where the Supra swept all categories but one (top speed, won by the NSX).

I don't know what you mean by class but if it's by price then how do you figure the NSX is #1? The $90 grand ballpark is filled with big hitters. I don't want you to get the wrong idea, I sold my Supra for an NSX because I was sick of the horsepower war. :)

The NSX is a great car no doubt, so is the Porsche. It comes down to looks and personal preference. You can't go wrong with either. I love the styling of my NSX and that's what won me over.

Vandetta said:
I don't know what you mean by class but if it's by price then how do you figure the NSX is #1? The $90 grand ballpark is filled with big hitters.

Yes, and which one has a lower cost of ownership than the NSX? which big hitter? Yes, by class I mean price. Thats how they usually classify class of vehicle in these types of tests. Its not a subjective thing. Overall the 911 does very well, it is second to the NSX. Nothing else is even close.

I was shopping for a 996TT before buying my NSX.
I don't want to get off topic but there is no way you can sell an 01 TT for 80k.

I almost purchased the trigger on an 02 with 29k miles for 70k (with mods).

In any case, I did not buy my NSX because of re-sale value. If that's all we cared about, we wouldn't even be buying cars.

To the original poster, did you find an NSX that you like?

TURBO2GO said:
Yes, and which one has a lower cost of ownership than the NSX? which big hitter? Yes, by class I mean price. Thats how they usually classify class of vehicle in these types of tests.

That I agree with you on....the in this class (by price), the NSX has the lowest cost of maintenence which should be considered by the person inquiring about these two cars.

I don't think all magazine tests care about the cost of the car though when they conduct these performance tests. I've got one here with a 350Z, NSX, Z06 in the same performance test. All vary in price greatly.

How does overall ride quality compare as daily driver?

I too am looking at a possible switch to early model NSX from 95 Porsche 993.My 993 has the sport suspension/Bilstein HDs. I find the ride firm but compliant enough for a daily driver here in NC. I guess the Porshce is put together well because with 65k miles it still has very few creaks/rattles.

Anyone have comments on how the overall ride quality compares? Based on $'s I want to spend, I'm probably in the 91-94 model years and 40k-70k milage.

Thanks for the feedback.

Keith

The power in the NSX is decent but if you've been a Porsche owner all your life your going to tired of the NSX quick. Porsche's have gobbs of torque you when you mash on the throttle you feel the power. NSX's don't have good torque. That is the thing I miss about my porsche, that torque feeling. That is why I have been debating on selling my NSX and looking for a mid to late 90's 99whatever.

Back