please vote: R wing or no R wing?

Type R or standard wing?

• Type R

Votes: 79 52.0%
  • Standard

Votes: 73 48.0%

• Total voters
=p if you have to ask then you probably shouldn't :biggrin:

I prefer the standard wing. It just looks much cleaner to me. If you put the R wing on, I think you should change everything else as well to make your NSX look like an NSX-R (hood, black top, etc.).

DRIFTER said:
Have u seen the way SOS painted there hood with the vent exposed and the rest color matched?
I think this complements the R-spoiler perfect.

You mean like this? :tongue:

Attachments

• rhood.jpg
    rhood.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 92
Bigglezworth said:
The R wing looks like an afterthought.

you took the words right out of my mouth. it just doesnt flow with the rear of the car (mainly rear fenders). very much afterthought. i feel the same way about the newer headlights :eek:

stick to your first impression, its the natural one.

charles said:
you took the words right out of my mouth. it just doesnt flow with the rear of the car (mainly rear fenders). very much afterthought. i feel the same way about the newer headlights :eek:

stick to your first impression, its the natural one.

Well, it is an afterthought. I think when you're transforming your car into something more agressive, you're gonna ruffle some feathers. Now, there's tasteful and not tasteful and in my opinion the Type R wing is tastefull..but obviously not for everyone.
nsx.jpg

Because of this thread, I have been asking my friends (who aren't into cars) about my spoiler.

To a man, each one said they liked it and didn't think it was ricey. My brother loves it (and he is not into cars at all) and says it is so much better than the factory spoiler. I asked him about leaving it CF and he said it's fine. I guess my tint helps so that it isn't the only dark piece above the window line.

Different strokes for different folks

I like the Type R wing about 80%. Initially, it felt ricy, but it has grown on me, and the fact that its functional overrides the possible ricy stigma.

I vote for the R wing, it makes the car look more modern and if you have a black roof it looks even better! It really looks different in person as well.

Here's a couple of pics of my car out on the track from this past weekend with the spoiler unpainted (click on thumbnail to enlarge):

I know it's still hard to see but that's all I have for now. Will take better pics soon

Vancehu said:
The wing is a functional piece, and like all other recent Type Rs, it is higher and more aggressive. The gap is fine for me, I actually like it (I'm a big fan of the F40), and it removed the 80/90's look - A light show. At the end of the day, it shoud be mated with the 02 spec valence, and if you add the diffuser, you will see why it is design that way. The diffuser really complete the package.

The cool thing is, DF and Procar both offer a way for people to show case CF on their car, it is very nice looking when mated with a black or white NSX.:wink:

13449Rear_View.jpg

wow.. it looks so nice from the inside.. like the infamous supra wing..

Nice. The R wing actually add the sportiness of the NSX. It would look complete with the R hood.

Matt_337 said:
Here's a couple of pics of my car out on the track from this past weekend with the spoiler unpainted (click on thumbnail to enlarge):

970292_zhjip

I know it's still hard to see but that's all I have for now. Will take better pics soon

Matt are you racing with the targa top OFF?!!! :eek:

The pic was taken during a session where I let another Prime member take my car out.
And yes, I take the targa off when I go. It gives me more head room for my helmet.

Matt_337 said:
The pic was taken during a session where I let another Prime member take my car out.
And yes, I take the targa off when I go. It gives me more head room for my helmet.

Wow so many questions now:

1) is that safe?
2) they allow you to do that?
3) doesn't it slow you down?
4) does the car handle right? :confused:
5) aren't you worried about twisting the chassis?

TURBO2GO said:
Wow so many questions now:

1) is that safe?
2) they allow you to do that?
3) doesn't it slow you down?
4) does the car handle right? :confused:
5) aren't you worried about twisting the chassis?

1. What do you mean by safe?
2. Yes
3. Yes, if you care about your speed in the straights and time (which I don't right now)
4. I don't see why not
5. Nope. If it was meant to be a targa, then this top isn't going to prevent the chassis from twisting when it's on.

Just my $0.02
No expertise here

i voted R wing, i just installed DF-R wing last weekend and LOVE it !!

my combination: 91 red, black top. will do R hood paint red and mirrors paint black.

back to 50-50%

Last edited:
Wow, 68-67. I've never seen such a close division in opinions on this board.
I personally love the R-wing on some NSX's, but I wonder how much the color combonation would change that. IMO its a shoe in for any white/black/silver, and a nice choice for 91-94's with a black top.

The real sticking point is how it would look on a red/red car (mine!). I'm still on the fence. I dont want to go the unpainted hood route, and this would be the only black on the car.

lol the supra wings are just the right hight to block CHP light bars.... lol so if the Type R CF wing is anything like it, you can kiss your rear view eye balling cop finder abilities good bye :tongue:

Back