Pictures of New Concept Honda Sports Car

3 abreast seating is awesome. Driver sits in the middle and has no vision impairment from the A pillars. Command the road and bring your 2 guests along for the thrill.

Now fix the front and rear styling.

Wow. The styling of the rear is absolutely, ridiculously ugly. There can only be one possible person who actually likes that look ... and that's the blind moron who drew it. WTF was Honda even thinking releasing that monstrosity to be seen by the public?

Last edited:
Just saw the video on VTEC.net. Another young designer out of the California studio who led the design of this vehicle.

I have only one question: How many sports car design has this designer created that made it to production?

Just saw the video on VTEC.net. Another young designer out of the California studio who led the design of this vehicle.

I have only one question: How many sports car design has this designer created that made it to production?

Hopefully none! sweet lordy, I think with the purchase of the NSX, I'm done with anything else

I think this looks great. The back I'm not nuts over but with the Hydrogen/electric mid-engine 3 seat I'm ready when they are.
If they can make it go 0-60 in 4.5 or less I'll buy.
This angle, the way the rear swells out looks so mean. Reminds me of the R8. Very muscular. The black glass extending over th top to the rear w/the hydrogen tanks in the back, well, I really like it.
Is this coming to the NY show?
pb191476.jpg

Its just a concept I wouldn't read too much into it yet...

RACERnsX, that is the best WTF I have ever seen. That cat is just brilliant:biggrin:
Thanks....I found it someplace else and it just cracked me up too! Unfortunately I thought it was appropriate for this thread.:frown:

That's not MR, that's HOTBOTC (hanging off the back of the car) engine.

LOL Hey it says and I quote
The designers at Honda's advanced design studio in Pasadena decided to take advantage of the packaging flexibility afforded by a fuel cell powertrain and mounted it mid-ship driving the rear wheels.

:tongue:

As much as I love HONDA, that thing is vomit inducing. I have seen better looking vac. cleaners than that.:rolleyes:

There is a limit to how hideous an object can be before the technology it touts is just not enough to hide its blatant ugliness.:eek:

Well apparently some people like it:confused:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/20/la-2008-top-25-desktop-wallpapers/

That's because they aren't showing the back. If people saw it they would throw up...like I did.

Nissan is my new Jap God. Honda, I rebuke thee.

Maxima > Accord
GT-R > Nothing
370 Z > S2000

But

G37 > TL or TSX
M45 > TL or RL
G37 Coupe > Nothing
FX37 > MDX

However,

Fit > Versa
Civic > Sentra
Accord > Altima

But what cars really matter... to me?

Last edited:
I am starting to believe that the NSX owners and S2000 owners are the last true Honda fans that came from the F1 80's low 90's era ..... wow...
.... we live in the past i think sometimes ..

OScar

I am starting to believe that the NSX owners and S2000 owners are the last true Honda fans that came from the F1 80's low 90's era ..... wow...
.... we live in the past i think sometimes ..

OScar

You are so right. I was living in a Honda sealed bubble for years. But F Honda. They have forgotten why people mod Civic's and love the name Type-R. They have left us with nothing.

Why be devoted to a company that just comes out with concepts every other year.

Did you guys know that Nissan has already improved te GT-R for 2009? It has more hp and more... whatever now.

In a couple more years, Hyundai will have a nicer super sports car than Honda.

It's so funny to me that we keep seeing these drawings from entusiasts who want Honda to make a real NSX sucessor. Everyone loves the car but Honda just doesn't see it.

I say, if you want to be green, then be green. Discontinue the S2000 and forget about that half-assed sports car that they are working on. Let go of Acura (the step child of Honda). Just make Fit's that have 120 MPG and call it a day.

Last edited:
That's because they aren't showing the back. If people saw it they would throw up...like I did.

Nissan is my new Jap God. Honda, I rebuke thee.

Maxima > Accord
GT-R > Nothing
370 Z > S2000

But

G37 > TL or TSX
M45 > TL or RL
G37 Coupe > Nothing
FX37 > MDX

However,

Fit > Versa
Civic > Sentra
Accord > Altima

But what cars really matter... to me?

LOL Just wait till you have to take it in for service:wink:

How do you think I got to be a Honda fan after owning nothing but Nissans for over 10 years:rolleyes:

LOL Just wait till you have to take it in for service:wink:

How do you think I got to be a Honda fan after owning nothing but Nissans for over 10 years:rolleyes:

Yea, but what was your last Nissan? I use to feel like Nissan made an inferior product, and I still think that Honda makes more solid cars. But as far as the actual product just being a cool product, it seems like Nissan is starting to pull ahead. Especially with the Infiniti line. Those cars are really nice. I kind of wish that the GT-R was an Infiniti. It has Infiniti quality, but the name is still Nissan.

I think that if it was called an Infinity GT-R then the upper crust would pay more attention to the car.

I wonder if the GT-R pulled up next to a G37 convertible, if it would be noticed as a "great" car?

pb191469.jpg

ew.

But better than anything else we've seen since the HSC.

I suppose it's a step in the right direction...

Is this another $3 million dollar clay model, or is there actually a motor/drivetrain/interior to that car?

Hey Guy's
You're showing your age; a bunch of grey-haired people driving cars from the past. Let's face it; the NSX, brilliant as it is, comes from another era. The NSX was designed as a kick-ass car, to make the Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo world sit up, pay attention and make a reliable super-car. That was 1989. The NSX was a halo car. Roll-on 2009. I expect the FC Sport will be a similar halo car. In 25-30 years from now, very few of us will use gasoline powered cars except for vintage nostalgia track-days.
Honda's DNA has always been to combine performance, drivability and fuel economy (environmental awareness). Their corporate blurbs from the 60's & 70's refer to these values. I have been expecting this concept from them for a while; what took them so long? With the Clarity and now the FC Sport, Honda is back where they belong; pushing the envelope. The idea is great. Styling beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but how many of you intelligent NSX owners bought the NSX on looks alone? I can definitely see styling cues (proportions) to show it descended from the NSX. At the moment, it's only a concept. When can we have it? and at what price? I've read that each Clarity cost $1,000,000 to produce!!!

Yea, but what was your last Nissan? I use to feel like Nissan made an inferior product, and I still think that Honda makes more solid cars. But as far as the actual product just being a cool product, it seems like Nissan is starting to pull ahead. Especially with the Infiniti line. Those cars are really nice. I kind of wish that the GT-R was an Infiniti. It has Infiniti quality, but the name is still Nissan.

I think that if it was called an Infinity GT-R then the upper crust would pay more attention to the car.

I wonder if the GT-R pulled up next to a G37 convertible, if it would be noticed as a "great" car?

03 Spec V and they manged to f*ck it up at the same time they ( Nissan ) at the same time my other Nissan 300Zx TT was at another dealership. I had tons of problems and I would go from dealer to dealer. Nissan treated me like sh*t when I ordered the then new 350Z. Just terrible! I'd been driving Nissans since I was a teenager.

The Death knell for the GT-R is that anyone who buys one will have to go to a Nissan dealer for service and that's just bad news! Ask people who work for Nissan and they'll tell they get treated worst than the customers!

Oh yeah according to resale Nissan/Infinity does make inferior cars
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/21/big-surprise-honda-and-acura-have-best-residual-values/

Hey Guy's
You're showing your age; a bunch of grey-haired people driving cars from the past.

I would like to point out that I have been saying I like this direction very much and hope to see this concept in the NY Auto Show.
BTW I have lots of gray hair and am 56 so stuff that in your roo's pouch Aussie!:biggrin: I'm one of the older folks here.
I think most of the other folks here used all their "change" on the presidential election.:tongue:

Last edited:
I would like to point out that I have been saying I like this direction very much and hope to see this concept in the NY Auto Show.
BTW I have lots of gray hair and am 56 so stuff that in your roo's pouch Aussie!:biggrin: I'm one of the older folks here.
I think most of the other folks here used all their "change" on the presidential election.:tongue:
Hey; apologies; I too am an NSX driver, the wrong side of 50 (hair colour; your guess- natural)
My comment was directed at those who think the next NSX has gotta breathe fire. In all probability, it'll be a hybrid or FC or something we haven't thought of yet.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...garoo-flag.jpg/180px-Boxing-kangaroo-flag.jpg

Back