Pics of my '02 with some new mods

Great job on doing mods to the car!
It looks great. Do u have any future plans on going Force Induction?
So do most people around you like the NSX better or the Viper?

bet the viper is more eye catching ;)

Can you comment on the Dali radiator duct? Fit/finish/etc.

I went out on a limb a bit when I ordered it, because I was planning on getting the one that Downforce offers. In the end, three things won me over....(1) the (claimed) better ducting, (2) the fact that there is no trimming necessary for LHD cars, and (3) the price. :wink:

I didn't realize before I bought it that I would need to take off one of the radiator hoses to get it on, along with the spare tire guard around the ABS system (not Dail's fault...this is on the web site). Also, you will have to drill four holes in the back of the duct for the aluminum bracket to mount to it. Speaking of that, the bracket is flimsy but adequate, but really looks sorta chintzy. Luckily, the welds are hidden behind the vent when it's mounted.

Mounting it (once you test fit it and get the holes drilled) is a pretty straightforward process. You'll make a bit of a mess when you take the top coolant hose off. The duct just slides on in other than that, and is held in place by wedging up against the radiator and bolted to the firewall via the mounting bracket.

Once it's mounted, it looks pretty good. It went in fine, but the fan relay wire is stretched pretty taut whether you route it over the top of the duct or around the front. In the near future, I'm going to end up driling a hole in the side of the duct and run the wire through it.

Finish is pretty good, and it adds some bling under the hood. I've got the RNR carbon radiator panel, and the Downforce CF Hepa system. Basically, that's three different carbon weaves all in close proximity to each other, but it doesn't look bad at all. I'll try to snap a couple of pics in the next couple of days.

Hope this helps!

Great job on doing mods to the car!
It looks great. Do u have any future plans on going Force Induction?
So do most people around you like the NSX better or the Viper?

Thanks! :smile:

I would one day like to go with a CTSC. It's probably going to be a while, though, because I've spent a lot of $$ on the car already and I've got some other things on the horizon that my money's going to be put towards.

As for the NSX vs the "Viper", I've never even sat in a Dodge Viper before, much less driven one. The "Viper" I "drive" is the F-16 (that's what we pilots call it).

Here's a photo of my previous NSX next to the "Viper":

nsxf-161.jpg

Car looks great. A couple of things:

1) I have the Downforce hood. My generation one unit did not fit well at all, and I had what you have... my Gen II hood is PERFECT. Exactly like stock. Same gaps, same curves, same everything. I don't know what else to say about that.

2) That "Recaro" embroidery on the seats looks different than every other Recaro label I have ever seen. If there is one thing Recaro gets right, it is their own logo. I am not saying that is or is not Recaro, I am just saying I have never seen the logo in that font.

2) That "Recaro" embroidery on the seats looks different than every other Recaro label I have ever seen. If there is one thing Recaro gets right, it is their own logo. I am not saying that is or is not Recaro, I am just saying I have never seen the logo in that font.

Hi,

i've seen two kind of logos...small ones on OEM Bucket seats from many car makers, and bigger ones on the seats sold directly trough Recaro dealers.:wink:

rs21copy.jpg

I have only seen the font on the right. UnhuZ, are you saying you have seen the exact font on the left? Can you see they are different?

rs21copy.jpg

I have only seen the font on the right. UnhuZ, are you saying you have seen the exact font on the left? Can you see they are different?

They are definitely different, but my take on that is that these seats are more than a couple of years old.....maybe Recaro was using a different font back then?

Car looks great. A couple of things:

1) I have the Downforce hood. My generation one unit did not fit well at all, and I had what you have... my Gen II hood is PERFECT. Exactly like stock. Same gaps, same curves, same everything. I don't know what else to say about that.

My hood fits perfect, with the exception of that one gap. The photos you see highlight that....it's not nearly as bad in person. However, it is a gap, and I don't think that there's a way to dial it out. I've tried a lot of things already, to no avail.

i would ask for my money back...but that is just me.

my 2cents

Noted. From the PMs I've gotten and a few comments on this thread, I'd probably make some money off of them if I put them up for sale instead. :tongue:

rs21copy.jpg

No.... i'm saying that i saw 2 different logos... one with Big Letters and one with small letters....

the small letters one is like on Honda OEM buckets from R cars (Integra, NSX, CTR)

the big letters ones are from Recaro direct, like these (pics from the Recaro Website):

Profi_SPG_schw.GIF
PP_velours_rot.GIF
PP_dinsc_kls.GIF

you see that the same SPG bucket on your post and mine differ in the logo...i don't thing it is a rule..but the Recaro's that have the small letters below the upper belt holes came OEM in a car, and the ones that have huge letters above upper belt holes are sold by Recaro direct (through shops, etc).

the letters on Viper's bucket, either are fake due to a replica mistake, or can be another version of Recaro logo's that some OEM car maker used...don't know...

what i can say is that i never saw that font and size before in a Recaro bucket seat. :redface:

Last edited:
No.... i'm saying that i saw 2 different logos... one with Big Letters and one with small letters....

the small letters one is like on Honda OEM buckets from R cars (Integra, NSX, CTR)

the big letters ones are from Recaro direct, like these (pics from the Recaro Website):

Profi_SPG_schw.GIF
PP_velours_rot.GIF
PP_dinsc_kls.GIF

you see that the same SPG bucket on your post and mine differ in the logo...i don't thing it is a rule..but the Recaro's that have the small letters below the upper belt holes came OEM in a car, and the ones that have huge letters above upper belt holes are sold by Recaro direct (through shops, etc).

the letters on Viper's bucket, either are fake due to a replica mistake, or can be another version of Recaro logo's that some OEM car maker used...don't know...

what i can say is that i never saw that font and size before in a Recaro bucket seat. :redface:

Wow, I guess I learned my lesson. Next time I get some photos of my NSX, I'll refrain from posting them here. :frown:

I've now heard through several sources that Recaro Japan has done all kinds of small-batch seats for different manufacturers in the JDM market.

All of you who are insisting that my seats are fake, could you answer me a few questions......

If these are fake seats, who makes them? The F1Spec seats that are previously linked are similar in shape, but totally different in the carbon/kevlar and in the upholstery.

If these seats are fake, what Recaro seats are they replicas of? The F1Specs are probably replicas of something......hmm, wonder what? :wink:

The more I read and the more I walk out into the garage and look at these seats, the more I think that they are the real deal.

Wow, I guess I learned my lesson. Next time I get some photos of my NSX, I'll refrain from posting them here. :frown:

Nah...don't worry about it ViperDriver. Opinions vary everywhere...

If you're happy with the seats then don't worry as the quality looks darn good. I think your car looks hot so keep them and enjoy. But if you find it really getting to you the Recaro vs. Copy deal then offload them.

I'd keep them though! Borat - Sexy car...I like!

Last edited:

Viper, I am not sure why you are upset, no one here is saying they are fake... we are just calling your attention to something that looks unusual. If I were you, I would want to know. As for the hood, I am saying the fit on mine is perfect so that you know that its not necessary that a Downforce hood have an issue just because it is aftermarket. I am giving you information is all. No one is ragging on your car, as I said before it looks great. I would be happy that people are honest and give info rather than what could just be fake compliments. No one here has said your car or mods look anything other than great, right? You've got me thinking about red seats now.

Hi,

please don't get me wrong....it's very frustrating to be misunderstood...but here probably due to my bad english.

on your seats...i didn't ever said they were fake... i only talked about the 2 kind of Recaro Logos i knew of... and about yours, i said "the letters on Viper's bucket, either are fake due to a replica mistake, or can be another version of Recaro logo's that some OEM car maker used...don't know..."
as you see, my second guess goes the same way with what you said in your last post...as there are 2 kind of known logos, why couldn't be a third and a forth ???

please...if my comments harm you in any way, my bad ... i'm really sorry.

PS - your car really IS gorgeous....

I went out on a limb a bit when I ordered it, because I was planning on getting the one that Downforce offers. In the end, three things won me over....(1) the (claimed) better ducting, (2) the fact that there is no trimming necessary for LHD cars, and (3) the price. :wink:

I didn't realize before I bought it that I would need to take off one of the radiator hoses to get it on, along with the spare tire guard around the ABS system (not Dail's fault...this is on the web site). Also, you will have to drill four holes in the back of the duct for the aluminum bracket to mount to it. Speaking of that, the bracket is flimsy but adequate, but really looks sorta chintzy. Luckily, the welds are hidden behind the vent when it's mounted.

Mounting it (once you test fit it and get the holes drilled) is a pretty straightforward process. You'll make a bit of a mess when you take the top coolant hose off. The duct just slides on in other than that, and is held in place by wedging up against the radiator and bolted to the firewall via the mounting bracket.

Once it's mounted, it looks pretty good. It went in fine, but the fan relay wire is stretched pretty taut whether you route it over the top of the duct or around the front. In the near future, I'm going to end up driling a hole in the side of the duct and run the wire through it.

Finish is pretty good, and it adds some bling under the hood. I've got the RNR carbon radiator panel, and the Downforce CF Hepa system. Basically, that's three different carbon weaves all in close proximity to each other, but it doesn't look bad at all. I'll try to snap a couple of pics in the next couple of days.

Hope this helps!

Very much so. I certainly appreciate that clear, concise, detailed description and review.

Very much so. I certainly appreciate that clear, concise, detailed description and review.

Photo of it installed:
IMG_1454.jpg

I'll also add that it's not a very strong piece when it's not installed. The material is pretty thin.

Last edited:
Back