Pics of my '02 with some new mods

Very nice. Love the seats.
Black hood made a world of difference.

I researched these seats as I was in the market to get some because the SPG-N were more shaped like the Type-R's. I am by no means trying to stir something up, just informing a fellow NSX'er. Just showing a comparison side to side.

rs21copy.jpg

Your car and seats look great together nonetheless.
thumbsup1.gif

Thanks :smile: I didn't mean to come off as angry or anything....I am genuinely concerned as to what my seats really are. If they aren't SPG-N's, then (1) I think that the person who sold them to me has some explaining to do and (2) I'm wondering if they are even real Recaros? Other than the embroidery, there's no stickers or labels on the seats at all to indicate what they are. I only want the real deal in/on my car, and if these aren't what the seller claims they are, then there's a real problem. :frown:

Last edited:
Thanks :smile: I didn't mean to come off as angry or anything....I am genuinely concerned as to what my seats really are. If they aren't SPG-N's, then (1) I think that the person who sold them to me has some explaining to do and (2) I'm wondering if they are even real Recaros? Other than the embroidery, there's no stickers or labels on the seats at all to indicate what they are. I only want the real deal in/on my car, and if these aren't what the seller claims they are, then there's a real problem. :frown:

No worries man. Recaro's should have the stickers on them with the name, date, type, ect.. I hope you can get to the bottom of it and work things out with the vendor.

Chuck say this ain't so!?!? Hmmm...safety first right! Hopefully you've got the correct seats but I do recall someone posting pictures of Recaros that showed production labels, etc. (I believe it was a thread for someone either selling OEM Type R seats or regular Recaros).

Car turned out great. I think you're too tall for the seats (you sit higher than the back) so send me a PM about selling them :)

Your car looks fantastic!

Do you mind if I ask some personal questions about your body build and how fitment is with those Recaros?

I am trying to persuade myself that I don't need aftermarket seats (along with the fact it's a PITA to get in and out of). I am also wide at the top of my shoulders so I don't fit comfortably in most aftermarket seats. I am only asking because your seats look very wide at the top.

You can PM me the info as to how comfortable you are, etc.

Thanks in advance

Hey Viper Driver,

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. Yes, I sold ya these seats to ya as being 100% genuine Recaros, which I still stand by. Unfortunately, I purchased these seats several years ago from a well-respected NSX shop in Japan (and I had to fight nail and tooth to get 'em, as a LOT of ppl were trying to buy the seats at the same time, and they essentially sold it to the highest offer), and as such, I no longer have the paperwork/records from the purchase, so I can't go back and check. The seats were advertised as a rare special edition CF Recaro seat, and while SPG-N or SPG-N2 was stuck in my head at the time, I couldn't be 100% sure, as I had indicated to ya via email.

Lets also keep in mind that not knowing/recognizing something doesn't mean it's wrong/doesn't exist. In fact, my specialty is in finding, obtaining, and selling extremely rare JDM parts (including one-off parts), many of which no one in the US has seen or heard of (let alone owned).

Either way, rest assured that nothing's changed; should you have any issues or concerns with past or present purchases, just drop me an email and we'll take care of it accordingly :)

Thanks!
~Ramy
FDNewbie Imports

PS: *BEAUTIFUL* NSX!!!

Hey Viper Driver,

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. Yes, I sold ya these seats to ya as being 100% genuine Recaros, which I still stand by. Unfortunately, I purchased these seats several years ago from a well-respected NSX shop in Japan (and I had to fight nail and tooth to get 'em, as a LOT of ppl were trying to buy the seats at the same time, and they essentially sold it to the highest offer), and as such, I no longer have the paperwork/records from the purchase, so I can't go back and check. The seats were advertised as a rare special edition CF Recaro seat, and while SPG-N or SPG-N2 was stuck in my head at the time, I couldn't be 100% sure, as I had indicated to ya via email.

Lets also keep in mind that not knowing/recognizing something doesn't mean it's wrong/doesn't exist. In fact, my specialty is in finding, obtaining, and selling extremely rare JDM parts (including one-off parts), many of which no one in the US has seen or heard of (let alone owned).

Either way, rest assured that nothing's changed; should you have any issues or concerns with past or present purchases, just drop me an email and we'll take care of it accordingly :)

Thanks!
~Ramy
FDNewbie Imports

PS: *BEAUTIFUL* NSX!!!

Ramy-

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not really sure what to do right now, but I'm really happy you replied! I guess I'll never really know for sure, other than to take your word for it. So far, I have had no reason to doubt your word at all, and you've been very good at communicating with me. I'm no seat expert, though, so maybe someone else here on Prime might have some further questions. As for me, I'm happy with the seats and how they look, and I guess that's really all that matters.

Chuck

WOW! Ur car look nice, Gratz but I don't think those are real Recaro too...u can see those seats on the 1st page 10th and 9th pics on the link:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79869..but those seats look good in ur car tho..

NSXSeats001.jpg

29cp1g1.jpg

42k2ra1.jpg

Thanks for the links!

In that thread, a lot of folks give the company grief for "copying" other seat makers' designs. With that being said, who's design are they copying with these seats? Also, the upholstery is different, and the carbon-kevlar is a different weave and color than on my seats.

Ramy-

Thanks for the clarification. I'm not really sure what to do right now, but I'm really happy you replied! I guess I'll never really know for sure, other than to take your word for it. So far, I have had no reason to doubt your word at all, and you've been very good at communicating with me. I'm no seat expert, though, so maybe someone else here on Prime might have some further questions. As for me, I'm happy with the seats and how they look, and I guess that's really all that matters.

Chuck
if watches (rolex), cars (kit cars), parts (cantrell lol), and money (counterfeit), can be copied, why can't seats? I am no expert, but would personally want proof of something. I am guessing Recaro didnt just make one set....I searched for a couple of minutes last night and could nto find your seats anywhere :(

There are plenty of counterfeit seats available online and on ebay. Personally, I would never buy seats unless they had documentation of authenticity (such as brides). Funny, Bride actually has a faq or blog that goes into what to look out for in order to ensure your brides are real. With that said, the seats in this thread look awesome and I love the car! Hope they are legit.

if watches (rolex), cars (kit cars), parts (cantrell lol), and money (counterfeit), can be copied, why can't seats?
As others have posted, seats most certainly can be copied. ANYTHING can be copied by anyone determined enough to do so.

I searched for a couple of minutes last night and could nto find your seats anywhere :(
While you were searching, did you happen to find any seats that had that style of padding?

There are plenty of counterfeit seats available online and on ebay. Personally, I would never buy seats unless they had documentation of authenticity (such as brides). Funny, Bride actually has a faq or blog that goes into what to look out for in order to ensure your brides are real.
Yep I recall that...then Bride came out w/ this special tag of authenticity IIRC...but I'm sure that can be replicated too...

Great looking car! Gives me some ideas :D

Super HOT looking ride. Maybe one day mine can look that good!

Thanks for the pics!

You can always email or call recaro and Im sure they can assisnt the verification of a genuine product.

Super HOT looking ride. Maybe one day mine can look that good!

Thanks for the pics!

You can always email or call recaro and Im sure they can assisnt the verification of a genuine product.

Wow, that is actually a GREAT idea! I'll look into that, for sure. Thanks!

Good idea, but it's not that simple. Recaro is a large company, and actually divies up its services by country (eg Recaro Germany, Recaro Japan, Recaro USA). And products made/produced and marketed in one country yet not available in another are completely unfamiliar to other Recaro locations. For example, the OEM Recaros found in the JDM FDs (3rd Gen RX-7s) are completely unknown to Recaro USA and Recaro Germany (main headquarters IIRC). But they are familiar w/ Recaro Japan, but even then, they won't help you with those seats, because Mazda contracted Recaro to make the seats for them, so Mazda OWNS the seat (the shell, the rails, the fabric, everything), not Recaro Japan. I've had my fair share of experience w/ Recaro international since I sell many different OEM JDM Recaro seats.

~Ramy

Agreed. I would start by talking to an authorized Recaro dealer that sells larger volumes. They can either assist, or perhaps refer you to someone who can (such as the Recaro USA distributer).

Good idea, but it's not that simple. Recaro is a large company, and actually divies up its services by country (eg Recaro Germany, Recaro Japan, Recaro USA). And products made/produced and marketed in one country yet not available in another are completely unfamiliar to other Recaro locations. For example, the OEM Recaros found in the JDM FDs (3rd Gen RX-7s) are completely unknown to Recaro USA and Recaro Germany (main headquarters IIRC). But they are familiar w/ Recaro Japan, but even then, they won't help you with those seats, because Mazda contracted Recaro to make the seats for them, so Mazda OWNS the seat (the shell, the rails, the fabric, everything), not Recaro Japan. I've had my fair share of experience w/ Recaro international since I sell many different OEM JDM Recaro seats.

~Ramy

Great job on doing mods to the car!
It looks great. Do u have any future plans on going Force Induction?
So do most people around you like the NSX better or the Viper?

Back