Picked up the car... I'm back... oh the drama....

Well, I finally picked up my NSX yesterday. Flew out to DC and made the deal. The car is 9/10 exterior and interior. I was REALLY surprised what GREAT shape it was in for 53k miles! The trip was pretty fun and I decided to drive straight through (Virginia to Chicago).... that is, until I hit some debris in Indiana and blew out a rear tire around 2am. The spare was jacked so I was screwed until the late AM. I hung out with a few ppl @ a Hampton and we basically just chilled until around 7M. I then started to call looking for replacements, but no one local had the size. I did remember a tire rack around 20 miles back, so I rented a car and brought the tire there for them to mount/balance. I then changed the tire and headed back home. It started out being an awesome day (picked up the car on my bday) until the blow out. But it could have been MUCH worse and I'm glad nothing serious happened. Absolutely love the NSX and color! Here are a few pics....

Before the blowout...happy as a clam
a.jpg

The carnage...
b.jpg

c.jpg

The repair...
d.jpg

The "happy ending"
e.jpg

Haven't slept since the 18th! Going to bed now!

Last edited:
wow what a story,,but something to pass down at family gatherings:smile: You at least controled the car .And to have the whole tire rack 20 miles away:eek: Good luck with the car,and your happy ending lol.

Wow, sick story and a hot ride! Imola is one of my favorite's, welcome to the joy of NSX ownership:wink:

I had the exact same look on my tire (RSO has the pictures somewhere) on my way up to my first Kid's Day. I never hit any debris, it just unravelled the same way yours did. A car that was behind me stopped to make sure I was OK and he was amazed as he watched it happen. Glad you're OK, welcome back and good luck with the car!

Am I the only one not seeing any pics?

Congrats on your NSX. Glad your NSX is great shape.

Wow congrats! Sweet car! As others said, I'm glad no damage occured from the blowout. I would hate to log on here and read that story. I wonder how that car would look with an onyx interior?:wink:

!!! happy to see another Z member join the nsx family... crazy pics!

sweet ass color

Sweet car and color. What's with the blue tape on the roof? New type of alarm?

A littel clue, to tell you to stop when your at the right spot in your garage. This way you can just close the garage without fear of destroying your NSX:biggrin:

A littel clue, to tell you to stop when your at the right spot in your garage. This way you can just close the garage without fear of destroying your NSX:biggrin:

Sounds like you're speaking from experience.

love the color.. can't believe there wasn't more wheel damage :eek:

congrats once again and glad you made it home safe and sound

Blowout? That's something entirely different...like "tire disintegration".

Congrats on buying my dream color...hold on to her!

i used to hang a tennis ball on a string....you know it's time to stop when the ball touches the windshield...

Funny, the ppl @ tire rack didn't really react to that tire...like they see it all the time. lol They get quite a bit of walk in customers, I was really surprised. Their actual warehouse was MASSIVE not to mention their HUGE garage. There were not doing any testing while I was there, but they had a bout 10 "test" bmw's in front. Here is a quick pic of their showroom.

g.jpg

Congrats on the car...one of my favorites colors...impressive looking and i didn't ever seen it in person...

about the tire... all is well now... enjoy your car...

i'll send you a PM :tongue: :tongue:

Nuno

Congrats

What with this rash of imolas being bought up. Is imola the new GPW?
;)

I want one now

Back