01845354_4X.jpg

01845354_5X.jpg

01845354_6X.jpg

01845354_7X.jpg

01845354_9X.jpg

01845354_8X.jpg

01845354_AX.jpg

I predict it will be on Ebay momentarily as an "easy fixer" :rolleyes:

There was a big story on 60 mintues or one of those shows the other day about the whole rebuilt used car market (ie: buying insurance salvage, repairing then selling- usually misrepresented). Interesting comment by one of the ins companies, who said basically the only way you can make any significant money doing that is to 1) use cheap parts 2) use cheap labor (or your own labor) or 3) fix it incorrectly. The cars get totalled precisely because it will cost more to fix than the car is worth at retail; unless you scrimp on either parts or labor, there is no profit in it. :eek:

damn, obviously those people worked in junk yard have no clue about how much all those parts cost, if they know it, they would not put the engine cover and the wings west skirt into the good condtioned interior.

NSXDreamer2 said:
damn, obviously those people worked in junk yard have no clue about how much all those parts cost, if they know it, they would not put the engine cover and the wings west skirt into the good condtioned interior.
Thats not at a junkyard, its at an insurance pool.... what you see is the work of a minimum wage wrecker driver :)

I don't recognize that car. I did have a friend who traded in a higher mileage red '97 NSX-T about 2-3 years ago but I think it had a camel interior.

The vehicle is actually sitting at an insurance auto auction facility in Phoniex. The sale date is 10/11/04. Its listed as theft. But looks like more then that. Current pre-bidding price is $15,100!!! :eek: If anyone likes, I can find out what junkyard purchases the vehicle and maybe buy some parts off it. Of coarse i'll probably have first dips. :D j/p

That dash pic is the perfect candidate for one of those armorall commercials. Like the commercial they have where they turn the old dirty broken down camaro or trans am (whatever it was) into a shiny new show car with just armorall.

I'm surprised that neither airbag deployed. That must have been one hell of an impact. Makes you wonder why they didn't? It obviously backed into whatever it hit but you'd think the airbag would help catch the occupants on the rebound. Curious.

TampaBayNSX-R said:
I'm surprised that neither airbag deployed. That must have been one hell of an impact. Makes you wonder why they didn't? It obviously backed into whatever it hit but you'd think the airbag would help catch the occupants on the rebound. Curious.
Maybe it was hit while parked? If I recall correctly, airbags don't go off unless there's someone buckled into the seat.

TampaBayNSX-R said:

I believe the airbag sensors are in the front bumper area. Since it was undamaged I suspect that is why the airbags did not go off.

Briank said:
Along with the base ball bat hits to the windshield it is a joy ride theft.
I'd say, judging by the scratches near the front emblem, it looks more like it hit something, maybe an animal or cyclist, which rolled up the hood and hit the windshield with an elbow or pedal or knees or something. Then the driver lost control of the car and spun into something.

I think someone with a baseball bat wouldn't have stopped with just a couple of non-intrusive spiderweb hits.

TampaBayNSX-R said:
Airbags don't normally go off in a rear impact.

Back