Phoenix NSX drive down to the Pima Air Museum

Please pick the date(s) that you are available - pick more than one if needed

• Total voters
AZNSX98 said:
Tempe Acura Group to Desert Ridge Group;

How about we meet up at 0830 hours (decent light) at Tempe Acura and hang for some photo's etc. and leave for Tucson at around 0900 hours? Meeting up with the Tucson Group at around 1030-1100 hours? Decision time as quick as possible. How about it Franko, can you guys meet up at DR and be to Tempe Acura at 0830 hours?

I will have coffee, juice, and donuts (no cop jokes!!!) waiting at Tempe Acura. They are excited to see us and are preparing a special parking area and photographer etc.

Dean
Wow DEAN!!!!!

:D :D

Yes, we'll meet at Desert Ridge at 7:30am, and head to Tempe Acura at 8:30am.

Sounds AWESOME!!! :) :) :)

Dean you are the MAN!!!!

Last edited:
01blacks4 said:
mind if i follow you guys? might be in the truck though.............
Heck ya Marc!!! If anyone has a spot open maybe you can sit in also. :biggrin:

This is going to be an AWESOME drive, with Dean leading the way!!!!!!! :cool: :cool:

Those of who have never driven with Dean, you are in for a TREAT!! :eek:

Bring a walkie-talkie or 2 if you can, along with camera and/or GPS system!!

Here is the list - add your name / location you will be meeting up at the drive to ensure you're not left behind:

1) NsXMas (Desert Ridge)
2) MY355 (APRIL AND I) (Tempe Acura)
3) TucAZNSX
4) JOPRIMO (+1)
5) Chris@SoS (Tempe Acura)
6) SCS2K (?) (assume Tempe Acura)
7) tucsonsx
8) 12AMNSX (assume Desert Ridge)
9) AZNSX98 (Tempe Acura)
10) Funnyboneman
11) nsxter (Desert Ridge)
12) Waldorf +1 (Desert Ridge)
13) 01blacks4 (assume Tempe Acura)

You Phoenix folks might consider driving down the back way through Florence
- nice drive - and, since Heather lives in in Oro Valley and I live close to there, meet us Tucson people somewhere in Oro Valley - in any event we need some place to meet up with you guys.

Last edited:
1) NsXMas (Desert Ridge)
3) TucAZNSX
4) JOPRIMO (+1)
7) tucsonsx
8) 12AMNSX (Tempe Acura)
9) AZNSX98 (Tempe Acura)
10) Funnyboneman

Edited to show me going to Tempe Acura since I live in Fountain Hills (at least for now). Shameless plug - anyone want to buy a great house in FH? :biggrin:

I'll bring 2 walkie talkies in case someone needs to borrow one.

Frank, got the route figured out yet? Back roads sound much better than 10.

tucsonsx said:
You Phoenix folks might consider driving down the back way through Florence
- nice drive - and, since Heather lives in in Oro Valley and I live close to there, meet us Tucson people somewhere in Oro Valley - in any event we need some place to meet up with you guys.

Definitely! I know in the past, I met up with the S2K club at the Mobil station in Catalina. I think it is 16455 N Oracle Rd. Or, we could meet at my house, which is just off of Oracle Rd. Either way.

1) NsXMas (Desert Ridge)
3) TucAZNSX
4) JOPRIMO (+1) (Tempe Acura)
7) tucsonsx
8) 12AMNSX (Tempe Acura)
9) AZNSX98 (Tempe Acura)
10) Funnyboneman

Looking forward to this event and good weather too!

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 260pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=350 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 26pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1280" span=10 width=35><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 45pt" height=60><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 26pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 45pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=35 height=60>8am
46° F
Sunny
01.gif

</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 26pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=35>9am
52° F
Sunny
01.gif

</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 26pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=35>10am
54° F
Sunny
01.gif

</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 26pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=35>11am
59° F
Sunny
01.gif

</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 26pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=35>Noon
64° F
Sunny
01.gif

</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 26pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=35>1pm
64° F
Sunny
01.gif

</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 26pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=35>2pm
67° F
Sunny
01.gif

</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 26pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=35>3pm
67° F
Sunny
01.gif

</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 26pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=35>4pm
64° F
Sunny
01.gif

</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 26pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=35>5pm
63° F
Sunny
01.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

HOW'S THIS! All the official roads for "the backway"!

The SR202 San Tan from I-10 Elliot to SR87 (Arizona Avenue) south to Florence; on the short SR287 to SR79 (Pinal Pioneer Parkway) to Oracle Junction at SR77 to ????! Heather, would you or another from Tucson like to take it from here? Where would you like us to join you?

" Alea iacta est." (The die has been cast)....Ceasar

AZNSX98 said:

The SR202 San Tan from I-10 Elliot to SR87 (Arizona Avenue) south to Florence; on the short SR287 to SR79 (Pinal Pioneer Parkway) to Oracle Junction at SR77 to ????! Heather, would you or another from Tucson like to take it from here? Where would you like us to join you?

Dean, you're the lead on this one, and the route coordinator since you know the roads like the back of your hand.

See you on Saturday!! :D

Not a bad idea, less overall traffic and such, although it is Saturday AM and traffic should be light on other route as well. We just don't want to keep you guys waiting too long either way. We'll probably consider it while we're joining up at TA. Where should we meet you guys either route we take?

Looks like I may be able to attend this weekend prior to moving back to Texas at the end of the month.
As a member of the Arizona Aerospace Foundation, I have been fortunate to have visited the museum gratis numerous times. They do have guided tours if you wish to do that, but a self-guided tour allows you to dwell on the planes that strike you. Understand, there will no tour of AMARC aka 'the boneyard' as this is only open M-F.
But I have to suggest the Titan Missile Museum in addition.
If you have never been, it is an equal to PASM, and partnered with it.
It is the only remaining original nuclear missile silo you can tour, complete with missile (minus 10 megaton warhead, fuel and crew) and they have a 1 hour guided tour (often led by retired crew)which takes you into the silo, control room as well as all around the missile and goes into fascinating detail about the program. It is in Sahaurita, approximately 30 minutes or so from the PASM. The tour lasts about an hour, so if you toured PASM in the am, that would leave plenty of time to blast down to Titan and have time for a nice dinner before heading back.
Mount Lemmon would be ill advised. It would take about an hour and a half to get up from PASM, and it is a slow monotonous drive not to mention that so much of it burned down a couple of years ago, and getting back to I-10 would easily take more than an hour.
Here's to looking forward to one last Arizona gathering.

Is anyone staying for dinner?
If so, there are a number of prime spots, depending on the prevailing preferences and price range.
The new Marriott resort is not bad especially after sunset, Mc Mahon's is a great steakhouse I am open to ideas.
At PASM for those inclined :Trams depart daily at: 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, and 3:00pm
Regarding Titan, Saturday is a special day as they host:
Beyond the Blastdoor Tours: On the first Saturday of every month, explore areas of the missile site normally closed to the public. See where the crews ate and slept. Then descend more than 100 feet underground and enter the launch duct. Experience a view you’ll never forget as you stand directly beneath an actual Titan II missile!

Tours begin at 9:30 AM and are limited to 20 people. Reservations are required, and may be made by calling (520) 625-7736, or emailing [email protected]

Reservations close at 5PM on the Friday before the tour. Make your reservation today! Truly amazing and memorable.
Here is the website for Titan:http://www.pimaair.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=104&Itemid=147
and PASM:http://www.pimaair.org/
Hope this helps.

brickdds said:
Beyond the Blastdoor Tours: On the first Saturday of every month, explore areas of the missile site normally closed to the public. See where the crews ate and slept. Then descend more than 100 feet underground and enter the launch duct. Experience a view you’ll never forget as you stand directly beneath an actual Titan II missile!

Tours begin at 9:30 AM and are limited to 20 people. Reservations are required, and may be made by calling (520) 625-7736, or emailing [email protected]

Reservations close at 5PM on the Friday before the tour. Make your reservation today! Truly amazing and memorable.
Here is the website for Titan:http://www.pimaair.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=104&Itemid=147
Hope this helps.

I think this would be great! Does anyone else plan to go and, if so, at what time?

I won't be able to make the drive, but I'm going to shoot up to Tempe Acura for a bit to say hi and meet some new people... and check out some cars as well. See you tomorrow!

Rob

brickdds said:
Is anyone staying for dinner?
If so, there are a number of prime spots, depending on the prevailing preferences and price range.
The new Marriott resort is not bad especially after sunset, Mc Mahon's is a great steakhouse I am open to ideas.
At PASM for those inclined :Trams depart daily at: 10:00am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, and 3:00pm

Hope this helps.

The Titan Missle Silo is really interesting. I would be interested in going since I have never seen the additional stuff in the Beyond the Blastdoor Tours. I'm in for dinner also, as long as it isn't too late.

AZNSX98 said:

Sure Dean! I can figure out a good route for the remainder of the drive. As far as meeting up, I think meeting at my house will be the easiest. It is right off Oracle (SR77).

Looks like its gonna be a good turnout, I can't make the drive, but if I get up early enough i'll head over to Tempe Acura to hang out for a bit until you guys take off. I haven't seen any of the local guys in forever.

Syonara said:
Looks like its gonna be a good turnout, I can't make the drive, but if I get up early enough i'll head over to Tempe Acura to hang out for a bit until you guys take off. I haven't seen any of the local guys in forever.

DUDE,I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD........
How the hell are you?????

MYNSX/MY355:wink:

What a fantastic day! :biggrin:

Thank you to Frank for organizing the whole thing.

Thank you to Dean for the donuts, coffee and juice.

Thank you to Heather for being our Tucson tour guide.

Thank you to everyone for helping to make my day a memorial one.

It was great to see some of the folks I had met before as well as meeting many new enthusiasts. Hopefully I will be here long enough for another drive.

Back