• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

PerformancePackage.com - Lower Seat Cushion / Replacement Seat Back - New Product

packlogo.png

The factory seats in the NSX are aluminum-frame adjustable buckets, which are supportive and comfortable, but they do not have a height adjustment, which can be an issue for taller drivers. In addition, most NSX's (1991-1999) use a non-perforated leather material which is sealed, and not breathable.

One of the side projects we're working on (www.PerformancePackage.com) is a replacement lower seat cushion for the factory NSX seats, which will have a custom shape. It's not simply a shorter seat cushion, it's a reshaped cushion which will be contoured like the factory seat, so it won't appear 'clunky' like other available options. In addition, we're interested in producing it in a highly-breathable reactive cloth material, which will assist in cooling, overall comfort, and also seat grip during aggressive driving.

We're considering producing both a replacement seat back, and a re-shaped lower seat cushion as a set which you can quickly install in your factory NSX seats to improve ergonomics and overall driving comfort.

We're trying to gauge interest prior to a production run of this seat cushion, if this is a product which interests you an an NSX owner please respond to this thread, and let us know your thoughts, or needs for this type of product. The product will fit all years of factory NSX seats (1991-2005), as well as both Coupe and Targa models.

IMGP8583.JPG

IMGP8577.JPG

Last edited:
Hey Scorp, i would be interested in the seat cushion if there is a chance to get it in camel. What will the replacement back change?

Mike

We installed a prototype Today, pictures are added to the first post.

Driving around, the seat feels very supportive, and grippy - by lowering the cushion the side bolsters grip the driver more, since you sink slightly deeper into the seat.

The overall driving position is reduced by about 1.5"

The part installs like the factory cushion, and follows the factory shape. We split the first segment of the cushion into two pieces, so it would wrap around the seat better while being lower.

The seat was purposefully left 'uncleaned' so you can see where the factory cushion sat against the bolster:

IMGP8577.JPG

The original cushion sat slightly above this line, so you can get an idea of the height reduction from this piece. It also retains a high degree of comfort, since it still contains significant padding. It's also very cool, in spite of being a 70deg day I was driving around on a few local canyons without A/C, perhaps in part because of the increased breathability of the material.

Hey Scorp, i would be interested in the seat cushion if there is a chance to get it in camel. What will the replacement back change?

Mike

Thank you for your interest; in terms of this thread, we are curious to see what NSX owners are interested in, or what they would buy, in terms of a seat cushion product; we had three NSX owners discussing seats, which is how we arrived at the prototype, but if owners are only after a simple lower cushion replacement, in a stock-like material, that's something we can offer as well.

For this prototype we integrated not only a height-reduction, but also a material change to create a sporty driving enhancement for factory seats.

By reducing the height the factory bucket becomes more grippy, since the driver sinks deeper into the seat bolsters, and by changing the material of the center segments of the seat, into a modern breathable fabric, the seat becomes cooler, and more-grippy, since the texture holds the driver in place. A side benefit is better ergonomics for taller drivers, but this is not the only advantage.

definitely a good product that is needed. i had my own custom made, so i don't need one, but just wanted to chime in.

Did I miss the estimated price somewhere?

I'm interested (actually I was in the process of buying one from Dali) but i'm interested to lower the seat for grip driving. If you have one that minimizes the cushion thickness which maximizes the "bucket" depth yet not feel like you're sitting right on the aluminum.. i'd be interested.

I've tjhought of having one made from high density 3/4" foam/rubber and wrapped in the most similar material I could find to stock. Just haven't had a chance to look into it.

Did I miss the estimated price somewhere?

I'm interested (actually I was in the process of buying one from Dali) but i'm interested to lower the seat for grip driving. If you have one that minimizes the cushion thickness which maximizes the "bucket" depth yet not feel like you're sitting right on the aluminum.. i'd be interested.

I've tjhought of having one made from high density 3/4" foam/rubber and wrapped in the most similar material I could find to stock. Just haven't had a chance to look into it.

We're targeting $300 for a set (lower cushion and seat back), suitable for one seat. This compares favorably with other options, like the one you mention, which is the same price for only a lower cushion. We could also offer a pair, for two seats, at a discounted level, to create a matching interior. Another option could include material for the door cards, to create a consistent contrast throughout the car.

The final option, for those who want to keep a factory interior appearance, is to create a lower piece by itself, in a factory-like material. This would provide the benefits of a lower driving position, while preserving the aesthetic of the factory interior.

Last edited:
can you do a red insert? so the middle is red and the outside black?

The final option, for those who want to keep a factory interior appearance, is to create a lower piece by itself, in a factory-like material. This would provide the benefits of a lower driving position, while preserving the aesthetics of the factory interior.

That's the option i would be interested in.

Mike

That's the option i would be interested in.

Mike

Same here. I'd consider a set if it's silver to match my silver interior on my 2004. I'd also be interested to know if the seat bottoms can be made with a slit designed for a 5-point harness. :)

Same here. I'd consider a set if it's silver to match my silver interior on my 2004. I'd also be interested to know if the seat bottoms can be made with a slit designed for a 5-point harness. :)

I am sure we could insert a slit in between the two final cushions, and stitch around it, in order to provide a space to slide a 5-point harness belt through - this should provide the perfect alignment for an anti-sub belt.

Are most people using 2.5" or 3.0" webbing for their sub-belt?

Ideally, we would like to narrow this down to one or two variants for an initial production run.

I am sure we could insert a slit in between the two final cushions, and stitch around it, in order to provide a space to slide a 5-point harness belt through - this should provide the perfect alignment for an anti-sub belt.

Are most people using 2.5" or 3.0" webbing for their sub-belt?

Ideally, we would like to narrow this down to one or two variants for an initial production run.

I would suggest just making them all 3" to fit either or.

Would be interested in the cushion and back, and maybe without fabric covering as I am contemplating changing my whole interior.

Yes, as long as if you can make sure those cushion is very thick, comfy, can withstand the test of time, & i'm not sitting on the aluminum then I'll take a pair for both seats in black for a discounted price.:smile:

I'm interested. I would want to purchase a set: both seats & door cards. I want them in tan so I can update the all black interior in my 91. Offer this at a good price and you've got a customer.

Thanks!

Creating an Interest List, feel free to add / move /etc.

Black Fabric (Lower Cushion and Seat Back):
1. Scorp965 (Both seats + Door Cards)
2. Blue Batmobile (Both Seats)
3. unlemming
4. RYU
5. iCEE
6. postfix
7. ncdogdoc
8. Pruhnke
9. timeless1 (Both Seats)

Factory-Like Material:
1. dablackgoku1234 (ivory)
2. s2 killer (red)
3. comtec
4. HIJACKER (silver + 5-point opening)
5. kwinkler (orange)
6. CD_NY (tan)

As I mentioned before, initial production will probably be one or two variants, for other combinations we will need at least 10 sets to make it worthwhile to purchase the material, and arrange for production.

The nice thing about the NSX interior is that all colors have a fair amount of black, which means that even in a tan or silver interior, black center cushions would not look out of place, they would provide contrast.

Black Fabric (Lower Cushion and Seat Back):
1. Scorp965 (Both seats + Door Cards)
2. Blue Batmobile (Both Seats)
3. unlemming
4. RYU
5. iCEE
6. postfix (both seats)
7. ncdogdoc
8. Pruhnke
9. timeless1 (Both Seats)

Factory-Like Material:
1. dablackgoku1234 (ivory)