• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

PerformancePackage.com - Lower Seat Cushion / Replacement Seat Back - New Product

Mine is actually listed as light tan :redface:.

1. Scorp965 (Both seats + Door Cards)
2. Blue Batmobile (Both Seats)
3. unlemming
4. RYU
5. iCEE
6. postfix (both seats)
7. ncdogdoc
8. Pruhnke
9. timeless1 (Both Seats)

Factory-Like Material:
1. dablackgoku1234 (ivory)
2. s2 killer (red)
3. comtec (light tan) both seats
4. HIJACKER (silver + 5-point opening)
5. kwinkler (orange)
6. CD_NY (tan)

Scorp965, updates please. I want these very soon & i'm sure the others do too.

Last edited:
This is a great idea and it has the potential to solve my two minor gripes I have with the Dali cushion I currently have:
1) I wish the front of the Dali cushion supported more of the underside of my legs (I basically wish the front of the cushion was ~1.5 - 2x thicker, but the rear remains the untouched).
2) Since the cushion lowers you down in the seat, I noticed now that there is now a lack of lumbar support. I start noticing this after about an hour of driving or so.

This is a great idea and it has the potential to solve my two minor gripes I have with the Dali cushion I currently have:
1) I wish the front of the Dali cushion supported more of the underside of my legs (I basically wish the front of the cushion was ~1.5 - 2x thicker, but the rear remains the untouched).
2) Since the cushion lowers you down in the seat, I noticed now that there is now a lack of lumbar support. I start noticing this after about an hour of driving or so.

Interesting, both of these are addressed with this product:

We split the front cushion into two segments so that it doesn't just flop like the Dali cushion, you can see where we divided it in the first post, right above the plastic slide tab for maximum support. Compare the lower cushion on the driver side to the the passenger seat, which is unmodified. Also the location of this seam allows for easy addition of a stitched hole for a sub-belt opening, which will likely be an option with the final product.

Since we created new foam for the seat-back lumbar support is also improved. It's part of the reason for two pieces - you can't make the seat bottom more-aggressive while relying on 15 year old foam for the seat back, it's sort of like putting lowering springs on worn shocks. In addition, changing both pieces allows for contrast, which means another material can be used - it's the real draw of our original concept, which is a bottom and back in a modern material for both seats, basically transforming the existing touring seats into an ultra-supportive racing bucket, which is still easy to get in and out of.

I have to commend out upholsterer; he has experience working with NSX seats, and was helpful in suggesting some of the features we've integrated into this seat design. Currently he's swamped with other projects, but we've requested a second sample in mesh, as well as one in a factory-like perforated material - we should have updates in the next week or two.

Update please :smile:

A couple of sets were made for locals, but there wasn't enough interest to proceed. When everyone wants custom colors, or materials (or both), we can't offer mass-produced pricing. Also the upholsterer started to become less reliable, when it became apparent we wouldn't be able to order 50+ pcs.

It's unfortunate, since the material and cushion shape makes for an excellent seat; it's lower, increased lumbar support, increased bolster support with the deeper seat position, and increased breathability.

I think some members misunderstood the project, and interpreted it as just another lower seat cushion, when the intention was more to create a new racing seat, using the original NSX seats as a base, for safety and convenience reasons.

I have a pair installed in my car, and I'm very pleased:

seats.jpg

So is this project canned? You did have a good list of interest if i'm not mistakened.

1. Scorp965 (Both seats + Door Cards)
2. Blue Batmobile (Both Seats)
3. unlemming
4. RYU
5. iCEE
6. postfix (both seats)
7. ncdogdoc
8. Pruhnke
9. timeless1 (Both Seats)

Factory-Like Material:
1. dablackgoku1234 (ivory)
2. s2 killer (red)