performance increase for automatic transmission

1TITENSX said:
Just got an email back from Gruppe-M saying they have already tested it for the auto and no modifications are needed for the auto transmission.
Ask them if they will replace the automatic transmission under their warranty if the supercharger causes it to fail, and see what they say.

NetViper said:
I am surprised there are no other options for the auto for transmissions. It would be nice if acura introduced a F1/auto for 2005 with the 290 HP. I bet that would be a good seller.

Think I found something new from RITMO. The components below are suppose to changed the shift points for the automatic transmission. They claim 300ps...anyone know what that is in HP?

Link 1
Link 2

atP1.jpg
nsat1.jpg

parts38942_1.jpg

I have an Auto and really love...I've talked to a lot of people and I have heard of only 1 automatic failure... I think it's more of a "hi-rev" function then HP. That may explain why the 3.0 version has a lower torque curve and shorter rev limit.

I would bet it would take a heck of a lot to trash the tranny. The only exception would be the torque converter and the lock-up part...

ac

1TITENSX said:
Think I found something new from RITMO. The components below are suppose to changed the shift points for the automatic transmission. They claim 300ps...anyone know what that is in HP?

PS is horsepower in metric
horsepower (metric) * 0.9863 = hp (us) - got this from old notes

300ps equivalent to about 296hp

JPS Europa said:
What did they do to detune the motor for the automatic?

RPM Redline was @7500 instead of 8000.

My personal experience on Honda Auto Tranny, I had a Integra with Auto, I redline it often and killed the tranny @90k miles. That's after I inherited the car at 60K careful miles.

Rebuilt will be expensive on the NSX, since every service on the NSX is pratically 3 times the Integra.

I been following this thread and have a question Would a 60-75 hp shot NOS once in a while be too much stress on the tranny/or the engine on a stock automatic 1991 ??? only other mods I plan on doing is exhaust.
And what is a good NOS KIT for it ???

Last edited:
Back