• Republican

Votes: 29 61.7%
  • Democrat

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • Other

Votes: 8 17.0%

• Total voters
Brian2by2 said:
Is it traditionally accepted that the Republican party typically has more of an educational background? As much as I hate to say it, yes.
Actually, the opposite is true, according to most studies. However, keep in mind that education tends to be positively correlated with income, so the effect of that correlation needs to be extracted from the data as part of the analysis. For any given income level, the higher the level of formal education, the more likely the identification with the Democratic Party.

Do you have something to back that up with? Being a very recent student of American Gov't AP, I believe your stats are incorrect and would enjoy proof.

As far as the civil rights movement and the Republicans stand: how soon do we forget. Most people, especially african-americans, forget very quickly the origination of the Republican party. One of its primary goals in its developing years was to abolish slavery. But we would rather remember a small block of time in which alterior motives may have been the motivating factor.

I don't know...just my .02

Brian2by2 said:
Do you have something to back that up with? Being a very recent student of American Gov't AP, I believe your stats are incorrect and would enjoy proof.
Polls are published after each major election cycle, and have the data cross-tabulated by major demographic categories. The results I quoted are consistent for the past four decades and possibly longer.

You obviously have already decided what you wish to believe, given your thinly-veiled racism and attacks in this topic. Like another member here who has already pre-judged his opinion in the opposite direction in spite of all reliable evidence, I think you are only interested in arguing on and on, not in listening and trying to understand what other people believe and why.

This article in the Washington Post notes that "white, well-educated professionals (lawyers, doctors, scientists, academics) [is] now one of the most reliably Democratic constituencies". It also notes that there is a shift in process, whereby party identification is shifting towards the Democrats among upper income voters (not just based on education) and towards the Republicans among lower income voters.

Incidentally, this website is a nice overview of all the political parties in the United States, including those mentioned above.

Brian2by2 said:
As far as the civil rights movement and the Republicans stand: how soon do we forget. Most people, especially african-americans, forget very quickly the origination of the Republican party. One of its primary goals in its developing years was to abolish slavery.

What they did in 1965 is a bit more relevent today than what they did in 1865.

Eric5273 said:
What they did in 1965 is a bit more relevent today than what they did in 1865.

Very true, but in 2003 neither should really carry much weight. But I do agree.

And I am not going to argue, i just wanted to see proof. I haven't read it yet, but I'm sure you wouldn't post documentation against your statement, so now, I believe you.

Back