Parking your Car

captainjim hit this one on the head. i always park at the last/fartherest space from the store and cover her. 90% of the time, i'll have someone parked right next to me when i return. my wife is sick of hearing me complain that they're next to me but she always has the same reply. "it's always a high end car and they know you won't hit theirs with your door". well, why don't they at least park one space away? oh, well. as long as i don't get a ding/gift it's all okay.

rog

Speaking about parking....

I parked far far away, and I walk out to the car after a haircut only to find a police car parked right next to me! I walk over and hes standing next to the front of the car. I figured he was going to write me a ticket for "no front license plate".. but instead we just had a nice conversation.

He said, yeah, Ive seen you speeding around a few times but I love the NSX, so I thought I would just say hello without pulling you over... especially since you still have your temp plates.

I asked him where he is hiding but said it was a "trade secret"...

Not sure if he was pulling my leg about seeing me speeding or not, but it was a friendly convo.

I don't park mine in public places much any more. I quit driving it to work because of the constant road construction on the freeway. Now I am limited to weekend drives and NSX gatherings and Cars & Coffee. When you do that you can look at the car as long as you like.:smile:

Yeah, I look back and I have to park it where I can see it out a window, if I'm in a restaurant. I also gently touch my hottie and say, "Hello gorgeous", when I walk by it in the garage, on my way into the house from the driveway. :biggrin:

Great post. I'm definately guilty of LBS. I notice that I do it with my daily-driver pos Jetta also but not 5+ times like the NSX. I can feel my stomach acid churning when I leave her alone in a parking lot unattended. Door dings, getting keyed, runaway shopping carts, getting stolen, etc. Ugh. I must sound like a lunatic.:biggrin:

Yeah, I look back and I have to park it where I can see it out a window, if I'm in a restaurant. I also gently touch my hottie and say, "Hello gorgeous", when I walk by it in the garage, on my way into the house from the driveway. :biggrin:

LOL True love:biggrin:

I always park away from everything but some jackazz in a SUV will park next to me. I $%^&*(in hate that:mad: If they pull up while I'm in or near the car I go move it. I've no idea why they do that.

Just curious as to how many of you are going to have neck problems in the near future...I am sure I will be guilty of this when I get mine. I think I might get scared to drive and take my car anywhere :frown: GULP is that a normal feeling when you just purchase your X?

Just curious as to how many of you are going to have neck problems in the near future...I am sure I will be guilty of this when I get mine. I think I might get scared to drive and take my car anywhere :frown: GULP is that a normal feeling when you just purchase your X?

Yup...I'm always concerned about where I take and park my car. Both have ZERO door dings and I like it that way. Going on a cruise today to a winery, know exactly where to park my car. There a just too many folks out there who do not care. And that little old lady from Pasadena who opens the door to put a big ding in my NSX, ain't gonna happen.

I find myself going hungry some days because I decide to drive my nsx to get lunch and after stopping at three places or so and not finding a safe place to park I say screw it and go home. I don't get a lot of chances to drive my car so I guess a 30min drive is better than lunch anyways. If I do get a spot I often take pics on my phone as I'm walking back to it. It never looks better than when parked next to "normal" everyday cars for the masses.

No matter how many times I look back and HOW FAR I park, this happens very often to me LOLOLOL

6369_119995722000_645577000_2715976_8062493_n.jpg

23465_392354492000_645577000_4395839_5666102_n.jpg

jerks .. LOL

LOL True love:biggrin:

I always park away from everything but some jackazz in a SUV will park next to me. I $%^&*(in hate that:mad: If they pull up while I'm in or near the car I go move it. I've no idea why they do that.

^That just happened to me this past week. I parked off by myself and before I even opened the door, some woman in a land barge pulled in next to me, over the lines on my side. I couldn't get outta there fast enough. But I did. I was afraid she'd door ding me while I was still in the car. I found another parking place farther out. There was an S2000 way out there to keep my hottie company.

i'm enjoying this thread-it's good to know others worry about parking their car. i jokingly call it paranoid parking,where you try to get way the hell away from everybody who might hit it,but also where you can see it.

i did it once at a store,came out to see another car
way out by mine at the other side of the lot.turns out it was a lambo murcielago,which made me feel better.

we all try to take good care of our cars,if we want to park this way we can.

I look back as well. Some times i even hold up the remote to look like i want to lock it but there is no way the stock remote can go past 30 feet lol. I dont think anything of it, especially since more people are looking it than I am.

i'm enjoying this thread-it's good to know others worry about parking their car. i jokingly call it paranoid parking,where you try to get way the hell away from everybody who might hit it,but also where you can see it.

i did it once at a store,came out to see another car
way out by mine at the other side of the lot.turns out it was a lambo murcielago,which made me feel better.

we all try to take good care of our cars,if we want to park this way we can.

I agree with you on this. I will pay the metered parking sometimes at school or at a mall just so I am close but at the same time most people wont pay for meter if they can park around the corner for free so not only am I in plain sight of my car most of the time and no one really parks on your butt.

Drove the NSX to work one day last week, parked her, and as I was walking to the building found myself looking back not one, or twice, but four times...:redface: . Then thought about this thread and had to smile and laugh. Its a healthy obsession.... :wink: Jay

I don't have an NSX but admittedly I used to do the look back at least 3 times with my MR2. And I kind of do the look back with my newer RL. I think most guys who really care for their car do the look back.

When my car is parked at work i will take small moments out of my day to walk outside and glance at it...several times a day. i catch myself taking my breaks outside admiring it. i'm very happy to stare at it when it's clean and looking nice. I also really appreciate the "Covered in brake dust and bits of rubber" look i get when i come home from a track weekend. Most passing people give me looks like 'why don't you ever wash your car!' i just put on my cool face :cool:

I look back at all my cars. That is an extreme case of LBS. At least now I can laugh at myself when I do it.

I have LBS also. But here's another one. How many of you? (be honest now), just seconds before your LBS ............. look around the area to make sure no one notices your LBS. This is called, All Clear for an LBS or simply: ACLBS. :biggrin:

Guilty of LBS all the time....so much so that I've developed a chronic LBS neck ache...

BTW, I happen to think the side view of the NSX is one of it's best....so how many of you, like me, are checkin' out the car in store front windows as you are passing by...LOL.

lbs is a static syndrome....how bout laycwim syndrome...that epynim stands for" looking at your car while in motion".This horible syndrome involves a trusted friend/loved one to drive your car past you so you can hear it and see it in motion:eek:

I like driving by stores that have big glass windows so I can see my car in motion in the reflection. :redface:

How funny, I look at the reflection every morning driving to work, I am sure every one does to.

Cjmani yes I do a look around before looking back, its like when you tell a certain kind of Racial Joke, you look around first LOL.

Last edited:
Back