Online Registration Open for NSXPO 2008!!

Here is the current Schedule:

Thursday, September 11th

5 - 9 pm Registration
5 - 9 pm Meet and Greet @ banquet room
"Sign up for optional activities
- Car Detailing (Saturday am)
7 - ? Pub Crawl
" - Hop Works Brewery
- Portland City Grill
- Henrys, Rogue Brewery
- Green Dragon
- Belmont Station "

Friday, September 12th
7 am Breakfast in NSXPO banquet room/Late registration
7:45 am Meet in Hotel Lobby for briefing
8 am - 3 pm Oregon Coast Scenic Drive Poker Run (depart from hotel)
11 - Noon Catered Lunch at Manhattan Beach
3 pm "Arrive at Pat’s Acres kart track
Various timed individual and team event competition"
5 pm BBQ dinner
depart to optional Indoor karting facility
7 - 9 pm 'Rain option' SyKart Indoor Racing
Dark Return to hotel

Saturday, September 13th

7 am Breakfast in NSXPO banquet room
7 - 9 am Detailing available at Acura of Portland
8 am Travel to Acura of Portland
10 am - 3 pm "Optional site seeing tour
- Japanese Gardens
- Lunch
- Tour of Nike campus
- return to hotel"
10 am Car show cars due in lot for judging
9 am - 4 pm Acura Tour, Tech Seminars, Vendors
9 - 10 am Suspension Seminar, Jon Martin & Erik Ras of JRZ
10 - 11 am Forced Induction, Shad Huntley of Driving Ambition
11 - Noon Maintenance Seminar, Morgan Peetz & Larry B
Noon Lunch and Car Show voting
1 - 2 pm Motor Tuning and Lubrication, Rod Faulkner of Dumonde Tech
2 - 4 pm Comptech Racing, IMSA Lite Car, Doug Peterson of CT Engineering
4 - 5 pm Travel back to Hotel
5 - 6 pm Free Time
6 - 7 pm Happy hour
"7 pm -
... till the fun is done!" NSXPO BANQUET BEGINS
Ken Williams Introductions
Comedian: Willie Halliburton
Car Show Awards
Live Auction
Guest speaker: Parker Johnstone

Sunday, September 14th
7 - 7:45 am Breakfast in NSXPO banquet room
8 - 10 am Willamette Valley drive (depart from hotel)
10 - Noon Evergreen Aviation Museum Tour
Noon Lunch
1 - 3 pm Continue tour & group photo
3 - ? Continue tour or head back to Hotel
5:30 pm Those headed for Seattle/Kent for track days begin departure

Monday, September 15th

7 - 8 am Continental breakfast
8 am Travel to Pacific Raceways Track
9 am Drivers education briefings hosted by ProFormance
Noon Lunch hosted by Acura of Lynnwood
4:30 pm Track closes
7 pm Dinner

Tuesday, September 16th

7 - 8 am Continental breakfast
8 am Travel to Pacific Raceways Track
9 am Drivers education briefings hosted by ProFormance
Noon Lunch hosted by Umbrella Designs
4:30 pm Track closes
Depart for home

Sorry, this is an excel file and it does not flow well into this format.

Dave

You do know that the hotel, parking lot, karting place, and scenic drive are all on public property. There really isn't anything that can stop you from being there and even going on the scenic drive of your own just a few feet behind the last car. There really isn't any reason for you not to go on your own and hang out with your friends and talk track stuff.

Enjoy.
I think what you meant to say is its private property open to the public. I dont want to short change the organizers and it's not what my intent was.

But try doing that at a NICE restaurant or banquet hall, with NICE food, and you can't do it. Banquet meals cost a lot of money, just like eating in nice restaurants. We always try to have great food at NSXPO every year, and when we can, we try to highlight local specialties. For example, this year, one of the banquet choices is Pacific Northwest salmon.
I don't think anyone assumes everything is cheap. But if you don't list where the lunches and dinners are held or what's on the menu what's catered and what's not then for all anyone knows it could be pork and beans in joe blows back yard. Providing more details is a good thing.

Titaniumdave thanks for the update THAT is useful!!

Last edited:
However, if the food really matters that much to you, then you're missing the point entirely. Not because there's anything wrong with the food, but because there are so many other, more important reasons to attend - camaraderie, fun activities, educational technical seminars about the NSX, entertainment, and being part of 100+ NSX owners all having fun together.
Not everyone goes for all of the same reasons. By providing more details you appeal to a larger audience. Basic marketing 101.

Thanks for the information though now I have (and everyone else that reads)an idea of what's on the menu.
Did you ever think that some people might have allergies to specific foods or don't like specific foods and providing what is on the menu they can better plan their day.

I don't mean to hammer you guys on the details but you can't assume what's good for you is good for everyone else.

Last edited:
Such drama, I love it. Would have loved to see everyone and had a cold brew with you dave, Sadly this will be my first NSXPO since 04 I will be missing. Dave, Im sure this would have been the best one yet too:frown:

Umm....well in the famous words of "Ron Burgandy" THAT ESCALATED RATHER QUICKLY....lol

1. i never had any main issues, just the website FOR ME was a bit confusing and since i have never BEEN to a NSXPO (too far away for me) i too was confused and checked on here, only to see a guy getting slammed for asking pretty much some of the same ?? i had...i dont like "internet tough guys/jerks" on this forum..just my $.02

2. I hope dave doesn't quit, the dude (never met/talked before) went WAY out of his way to pm me all my questions anwsers and such...VERY COOL!

3. I signed up and forked out the $550+ for it, no regrets, but do i get a confirmation email? phone call? Or just wait for my amex to get charged and assume im in and show up??

4. The pub crawl sounds GREAT but where on earth you gonna park the NSX's?? I KNOW your not thinking the Pearl District where all those places are, cause my business is there and the parking is ZERO at best, and the lighting is WORST and no way in hell i'd park my NSX there (and i live/work here!) I got room INSIDE my shop for maybe 5 (over 70 bikes this time of year) but not sure where everyone is gonna leave their NSX;s safely..MAYBE the underground garage next to Henry's (under PF Changs) but still, id have someone to arrange something...IMO.

--THanks very much, i put in #'s so if people want to respond they can by # to be easy. Hope everyone WHOOO SAAAA's a bit more...

oh yeah and weather in oregon is AWESOME...lol.... Sat was 103degrees....Tues was 61degrees and 1" rain..this Sat supposed to be 85degs...gotta love the rollarcoaster of weather!

If there ever comes a day you decide to plan your wedding, you'll probably begin to appreciate what an undertaking event planning can be.

--
George

really? i just got engaged....easy 5 step process

1. Ask her (she said yes)
2. Say "here is the budget, hand over the AmEx"
3. Say "here is my mom, aunts #'s"
4. Say "cant be during race season"
5. Say "what time and where do i need to be?"

Seems like maybe i got it down ok no? :biggrin:

No, it absolutely is not.

It's very clear that Mike (nsxxtreme) has no intention of going to NSXPO, and never did, and his only purpose of continuing to post ad infinitum is to slam the event at every opportunity. Anyone who goes to NSXPO looking to have a bad time, and looking for things wrong with the event, as he is, certainly should NOT go.

The more you and RSO 34 post the more people are calling the Credit Card company and getting a refund.

You think you'll get 100+ NSXs to show with this attitude, DRAMA posted :confused:

Man......I have been looking forward to this event from the first time Dave mentioned it to me at a Track Day.

I wanted to chill with Dave, Shad meet some new people like Trev, see the STMPO guys new car, and just have a nice few days off.

You two guys have a great NSXPO '08 :tongue:

I see in the future two old f***s in an empty convention room. Take LOTs of pics that you won't post to market what a great time you had for NSXPO '09 :rolleyes:

BTW: I hope the Canadian NSX club is smart enough in '09 to NOT invite the two of you.
Trev and I are going to tear Canada UP :biggrin:

I see in the future two old f***s in an empty convention room. Take LOTs of pics that you won't post to market what a great time you had for NSXPO '09 :rolleyes:

BTW: I hope the Canadian NSX club is smart enough in '09 to NOT invite the two of you.
Trev and I are going to tear Canada UP :biggrin:

Histerical:biggrin:

Neither do I. Fortunately, one of the things I've found at NSXPO is that the people that sometimes come across as the "internet tough guys/jerks" often turn out to be really nice folks. Which is one of the great things about NSXPO, meeting people in person, and finding out what they're really like.
I don't know Ken I have a pretty good idea what your like in person. Let's just say we would NOT get along. :wink:

4. The pub crawl sounds GREAT but where on earth you gonna park the NSX's??
If you guys do this PM me might be late enough I might be an able to show up. I'd give out my cell but lost it last weekend wakeboarding.

Dave don't quite, your the one person that has actually been helpful!!!!
I'll buy you a drink. :biggrin:

Last edited:
got my confirmation 5 mins ago. thanks

few more ??

1. Why/Is it not allowed for me to have my fiance' in the car with me IF we do the sunday or maybe the saturday drive??

2. Anyone can come to the track days to watch/hang out right? I have a TON of racers in seattle DYING to see me ON the track (even if 4 wheels) and i think they'd really love seeing the NSX (most have VERY nice cars themselves)

THanks guys..

I am absolutely sick to my stomach this morning reading this.
I am on the fence of pulling out.
Trev
This is no joke.

Trev
This is no joke.

Don't. You should go. I'll be there.

I don't agree with most of the postings.

In 2003 me and my wife went to NSXPO in Sonoma. We were glad we went.
We both had a blast! I also participated in the track event.

Yes it seemed expensive at the time but there is value, although not obvious until you attend.

We are going to Portland this year and looking forward to it.
Hope you can go as well.

Don't let a few postings deter you, everyone who attends will be very nice and helpful. You will make new friends.
I'm confident the organizers have done a great job and will be a wonderful event.

Later,
Don

Trev
This is no joke.
Trev we are all going to have a great time; we always do. Everyone is under pressure as NSXPO is a huge undertaking. Wait until you meet Ken and Dave ... they are both awesome guys!! Not everyone's personality is expressed accurately online.

However, it would be nice if some of this could be kept in the PM section. But like Bob said, some things never change :rolleyes:

Hey Pam!:smile: nice to see you posting.Hope the car is running strong.

Dave don't quite, your the one person that has actually been helpful!!!!
I'll buy you a drink. :biggrin:

I am still here...oh baby I can use that drink!

Hope to see you all at NSXPO!

(tattered, but still...)NSXPO 2008 Chairman, Dave Levy

Trev
This is no joke.

Trev I hope you choose to come, we actually behave more poorly in person(This is no joke.), I think you will have fun!:wink: Plus, who will Jeff Shoots hang out with????:biggrin:

Dave

Folks,

As you may have noticed I have asked all parties that I am responsible for, or have cooperation with, to delete their comments. If they have not, they will do so by today’s end. The main reason for this is that the comments are all personal opinions of the authors and not that of NSXCA, or it’s position on NSXPO2008.

With that said I am going to give everyone an official response on NSXPO2008.

NSXPO2008 has been in the planning stages for over 8 months. Many NSXCA members, including the Board of Directors and the NSXPO2008 Planning Committee have worked extremely hard to put together a great event with as many different NSX experiences as possible in the timeframe of the event. I know I do not need to list them all, since folks have done that already in other threads, and this one.

The bottom line is we want as many of you as possible to sign up and join us for the event. We have not had a disappointing NSXPO in the past 11 years of its existence, and we are not going to start now.

If you have any questions about NSXPO2008, there are two people that can help you. Myself and Dave Levy. Speaking with anyone else will give you opinion and not facts about NSXPO2008, period.

I think I have been on NSXPrime long enough that most of you know me, and we have probably chatted either privately or publicly about one topic or another. I invite you to please PM me if you have any comments, questions, or special requests. I am not inferring I can accommodate all special requests, but I will personally do my best. What NSXCA wants is for everyone to enjoy themselves, get as much out of the NSXPO2008 as possible, learn about your car in more detail, and most importantly, have some fun, and meet some of the best NSX people around.

Regards, and I hope to see you at NSXPO2008.

Larry Bastanza
President NSX Club of America

Alright, I'm back in, thanks all for settling down.
We can take it to the private property parking lot when I get there!
Non-members not allowed to fight, but can watch and take pictures.
Besides, Pam said she would armor all my all season Wal-mart tyres for me!
She'll use my toque for the rag no doubt.
Trev

Last edited:
Alright, I'm back in, thanks all for settling down.
We can take it to the private property parking lot when I get there!
Non-members not allowed to fight, but can watch and take pictures.
Besides, Pam said she would armor all my all season Wal-mart tyres for me!
She'll use my toque for the rag no doubt.
Trev
OK, I'll bite, what's a "toque", never heard that before?:eek::wink::biggrin:

In Canadian English, "toque" is also a common alternative spelling of tuque (IPA: [tuk]), a knit woollen winter hat, originally worn by French-Canadians but now a staple of the Canadian winter wardrobe.
This is really off topic though, I'll probably not wear my fox stoll with my Toque!
I will however bring my nsx driving shoes! Tight as they may be!
We can offer those up for one of the door prizes!!!
Trev

Attachments

• toque-vraie-fourrure-blanc_resize.jpg
    toque-vraie-fourrure-blanc_resize.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Nsxshoes1_resize.JPG
    Nsxshoes1_resize.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
In Canadian English, "toque" is also a common alternative spelling of tuque (IPA: [tuk]), a knit woollen winter hat, originally worn by French-Canadians but now a staple of the Canadian winter wardrobe.
This is really off topic though, I'll probably not wear my fox stoll with my Toque!
I will however bring my nsx driving shoes! Tight as they may be!
We can offer those up for one of the door prizes!!!
Trev
Trev, the hat looks better on the woman in the picture than it would on you. Even though I'm not going to be in Portland, I'm jealous of those that will be, and hope to see a picture of you wearing the shoes and the hat!:eek:

hi guys --

Just a mention... it would be nice to have a link to the NSXPO website posted on the club's website. I speak to quite a few customers daily that still do not know about the event.

http://www.nsxca.org/

Cheers,
-- Chris

A few questions about Portland:

What is the main language?

What side of the road do they drive on?

How many hours ahead or behind NY is it?

What time do the bars close?

This one for The KID: What is the age of consent?

A few questions about Portland:

What is the main language?
English although we do have a lot of foriegn people

What side of the road do they drive on?
Both :tongue:

How many hours ahead or behind NY is it?
3 hours behind

What time do the bars close?
Bars close at 2:30am and if you want to buy a bottle of liquor you have to buy it from a liquor store, they close at 9pm. Beer can be bought anywhere but they stop selling that to at 2:30am
This one for The KID: What is the age of consent?

Last edited:
JeffShoots - I need you there to cover my back man. I'm bringing a spare baseball bat just for you.
I will bring extra USA cash, just for those that are a little short.
Your pal, friend and bestest buddy, Trev.

Trev, It's cool I'm your passenger we are going to have a great time. Been talking to Dave for the past few months getting this setup and the "opinions" (as Larry put it) are gone now professionally by the NSXCA :smile:
PM me and we can trade Cell #'s.
Looks like I might be helping out Shad driving another truck/trailer to the event.

BTW: I won't be needing the bat. Few people know what I do for a living but your NSX will be safe :wink:

Folks,

As you may have noticed I have asked all parties that I am responsible for.......

Larry, thanks for standing up as a Leader. I couldn't swallow the piss poor attitudes of two NSXCA Board-members after seeing all the work Dave put into this event. Your not responsible for me but if you find something I posted offensive I will change it just PM me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now on to the good stuff. We all want to have a great time and after looking at Dave's list of activities I think this is the most ambitious NSXPO ever. So many things to do in one weekend.

We also need to support the STMPO guys. Being a NEW business (and having a small business myself) I feel the pain of seeing all the money going out for an event like NSXPO. Right now I think they are on the fence about making the long trip from AZ with the new race car.
From what I know this car will blow your mind with what they have created.
So please if you know these guys or maybe a way to help them with the trip please do.
Maybe a GB for the NEW front Type-R support beam?
They also have great web/video making ability.
I don't know how but I've got to see this car (total out of the box thinking) no more hints :biggrin:

Can't wait to meet all of you, Later Jeff

Back