Once in a Lifetime Experience NSX-R GT v. Factor X Racing NSX

The snorkel on that NSX is the genuine article, Mugen NSX-R Snorkel ($8000 option). Not Route KS parts.

The snorkel on that NSX is the genuine article, Mugen NSX-R Snorkel ($8000 option). Not Route KS parts.

Im down for blowing money just as much as the next guy, but thing is so ugly looking:wink: If it's going on a dedicated race car is one thing, but for the street. :rolleyes:

Im down for blowing money just as much as the next guy, but thing is so ugly looking:wink: If it's going on a dedicated race car is one thing, but for the street. :rolleyes:

Not if you have ITB in the car:biggrin::wink:

any picture of the FRONT???
Picture taken from my camera-phone:
IMG00020.jpg

Cool car, but dosn't have ITBs... lol

Lol look at the chipping paint on that wings west front spoiler/splitter:tongue: Just kidding,about the ww comment:redface:

I'm surprised that was the only damage the 3" rock made to the front nose, you should see what that rock did to the Factor X splitter...

Thats why we refuse to make dry carbon splitters! Who knows when track debris will appear or it could be because Billy is a rock magnet on the track:)

This could be cleared up with the original paperwork for the sale, so I don't know what all the fuss is about. This track rat NSX-R GT will go up for sale at some point in time, then it will be fraud to advertise it as the real deal. If I spent money to prep a car for a speed contest, and then the validity of the competition came into question, I would want to know the truth. This is America, sue for the information, and possibly wind up with a NSX-R GT dismantled in a court of law, a fat check, and even your own magazine. But really, am I supposed to believe that some guy spent $500K on a car, then changed the bodywork-suspension-wheels-brakes-tires-engine and turned it into a car that someone else could build with a $30K NSX, $30K worth of mods, and a couple of NSX-R seats? What then was the purpose of this exercise? Two completely modified cars racing, wasn't one supposed to be stock and used a guage for the ultimate stock NSX-R base proformance figures?

A bit like showing up in a regular Lambo and claiming it is the $1.5 million dollar special edition. Of course the bodywork was changed to protect it, and replaced with cheap ill-looking copies. The suede interior was ditched, too boring. And the speedo? Replaced with stock, much easier to read on the track. Sold those CF wheels on ebay.

Deleated the VIN...that says it all.

Last edited:
This could be cleared up with the original paperwork for the sale, so I don't know what all the fuss is about. This track rat NSX-R GT will go up for sale at some point in time, then it will be fraud to advertise it as the real deal. If I spent money to prep a car for a speed contest, and then the validity of the competition came into question, I would want to know the truth. This is America, sue for the information, and possibly wind up with a NSX-R GT dismantled in a court of law, a fat check, and even your own magazine. But really, am I supposed to believe that some guy spent $500K on a car, then changed the bodywork-suspension-wheels-brakes-tires-engine and turned it into a car that someone else could build with a $30K NSX, $30K worth of mods, and a couple of NSX-R seats? What then was the purpose of this exercise? Two completely modified cars racing, wasn't one supposed to be stock and used a guage for the ultimate stock NSX-R base proformance figures?

A bit like showing up in a regular Lambo and claiming it is the $1.5 million dollar special edition. Of course the bodywork was changed to protect it, and replaced with cheap ill-looking copies. The suede interior was ditched, too boring. And the speedo? Replaced with stock, much easier to read on the track. Sold those CF wheels on ebay.

Deleated the VIN...that says it all.
I guess no one reads the articles...:confused:

The president of Japanese-tuner Spoon bought the car. Various people from the industry who travel to the states from Japan have verified that the Spoon owner was one of the first to raise his hand to buy the NSX-R GT from Honda. As a respected Japanese Tuner, they put their own suspension and turbo kit on the car to further promote their abilities and performance of the company.

Its a Japanese RHD car, so I doubt that it will ever be sold in the U.S. either way. Some of the comments have been blown way out of proportion to this comment about suing people... :rolleyes:

Nobody buys a $500,000 car and drills a hole in the fender to mount an old fashioned antenna.

Nobody.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1950.jpg
    IMG_1950.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 1,156
Their are no pictures other than the 4 or 5 pictures that everyone knows given out by Honda originally during the PR launch of the NSX-R GT. Does anyone know for a fact that the real GT has a stereo or not? Their is so much incorrect information out there including the Spoon car as well as the Factor X NSX being twin turbo cars, to name a few. There are tons of inconsistencies in many aspects of the industry even at an OEM level.

Could it just be an NSX-R? It doesn't matter much to me. It was a fantastic car and either way not too many people have driven an NSX-R...

Last edited:
nsx type r has no stereo system. so will nsx-r gt get one?

The NSX-R had no A/C or Stereo, but they were optional. So I'm guessing it was optional as well with the NSX-R GT.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• t_t_CIMG1852.jpg
    t_t_CIMG1852.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,029
  • t_t_CIMG1878.jpg
    t_t_CIMG1878.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 1,007
  • t_t_CIMG1883.jpg
    t_t_CIMG1883.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,040
  • t_t_CIMG1892.jpg
    t_t_CIMG1892.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 1,038
  • t_t_CIMG1894.jpg
    t_t_CIMG1894.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 1,050
There was only 1 NSX-R GT sold and made. It sold to an auto parts manufacturer owner, in this case I'm guessing it was the owner of Spoon. Lucky guy if it's him :eek:

I've seen the Route KS copy/car up close and it doesn't fit as well as what I've seen in the pictures posted in this thread.

Funny how it looks exactly like the car that Mr. Spoon was "tooling" around in before the addition of the NSX-R GT replica parts. You can even chart the progress of the conversion.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• CIMG1471-1.jpg
    CIMG1471-1.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 1,643
  • Hon_NA2_NSX-R_SS_03[5].jpg
    Hon_NA2_NSX-R_SS_03[5].jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 2,255
  • Hon_NA2_NSX-R_SS_04[4].jpg
    Hon_NA2_NSX-R_SS_04[4].jpg