Once in a Lifetime Experience NSX-R GT v. Factor X Racing NSX

any more pics of spoon's turbo setup

I believe we have some, I can email them if you like once we did them up. Pretty much the same set-up we did for Vegas NSX about 3 years ago. Air to Air in the rear, looked like a GT30R, very simple.

That was cool. I was suprised to see that Honda had their own NSX there (LBB car). I am assuming that car was stock ....right ? What was Honda doing there ?

Didnt really take a look at the LBB car, and not sure why or if Honda was there. Hopefully, taking notice of what a mid-engine NSX with boost can do:) In the interview it was pretty much said that the new NSX will more than likely be the V10 and WILL NOT be mid engine. Probably stuff that is already out there.

Wondering the same thing, can we get a vin and some details on that puppy? Ben?:biggrin:

Looks like a sick time, no afterparty?

I think one of the guys took pics of the vins and door sill plates on the cars. We have no idea what a good time is on that track, its very small and tight for our car which is not our forte, and we still think we could have shaved a few seconds with more time and a proper transmission. Every day is an after party in Vegas:biggrin:

Real, fake, whatever -- it's inarguable that it's completely AWESOME. Looks like a great day. Looking forward to the viddies...

Where can we see the runs? I didn't see it on GTchannel.com Thanks! All the cars look amazing! I still miss the flat black look of your car :frown:

Not sure when it will be up I imagine post production will take some time. Thanks for the compliments, we really really miss the flat black also! I guess we will have to make the next one we are building flat black and keep it a sin/vice car:)

Here's my take:

The pictures of the Spoon NSX-R in Japan a month ago with the same wheels is an argument for the car not being a true NSX-R GT. But a good question would be where did Route KS (or DOME) get the original front and rear bumper to mould the RGT copies? Possibly from Spoons real RGT?

The President/CEO of Spoon said it was a real NSX-R GT, a Spoon shop car. I for one am not going to call him a tool or a liar. He did say that the RGT made the car too low for loading the car in a container and too long to fit in the container, which is why it shipped over with 02 bodywork.

It does appear that the Spoon car was at Route KS (or DOME?) For the RGT replica bodywork. IMO it makes sense to clone the RGT bodywork especially if the car is going to be tracked and risk damaging the real bumper (which did happen at the track). So, if Spoon is selling replica NSX-Rs, what's stopping you from also claiming the NSX-R seen in Japan as a fake NSX-R as well?

IMO, I too would put replica bodywork on a original RGT if I knew it would be beat up on a track in another country.

Also what is the difference (other than bodywork) between an R and an RGT? Does anyone actually know, or just want to spread more internet rumors?

All I know is that the President/CEO of Spoon said it was real ($460,000, one of 5 -2 NA, 1 3.5L stroked, 1 turboed, and I don't recall the last), it was turbo'd, the interior looked just like an NSX-R (even with the lightweight interior enginebay glass and half-mast antenna button -are their even official pics of the RGT interior?), it had the RGT bodywork (the rear bumper is the exact same as the official pics despite the photos taken not clearly showing it), and had 1-pc rotors and Spoon suspension and front calipers.

Last edited:
Is it a real NSX-R GT? Heck, does anyone have a picture of a real RGT besides that one promotional poster? Is it even a real NSX-R?

Personally, I don't really care. Like I've said before, their are better suspensions than the NSX-R on the market (and plenty of terrible cheap ones), their are tons of FI and stroked options making more power than the R, there are even better brakes out there than those on the NSX-R.

What I do know is what a respectable owner of a respectable tuning shop in Japan told me (that it was one of the five), I do know how well balanced the car was and what the owner of Spoon's philosophy behind the build of the car was (balance between power and handling, and power delivery of a n/a car, and easy to drive-not demanding of the driver) which I believe he more than succeeded in doing. Finally, I got to drive a very well built, great handling car from one of the most famous tuners in Japan. That's all that matters to me.

Last edited:
forgot to mention that the dash, door panels, and door inserts were a dolphin-like rubbery material that I later found out was untreated leather, which apparently is a $8-10,000 option for Porsches and Ferraris.

The car was registered with an international license plate so it can legally drive anywhere. As far as the production number on the door sill goes, I personally won't post it but the NSX-R upper line (of the 2 on the sill plate) read "10003" suposively NSX-R GT #3

As far as the VIN goes, the car had no vin in the dash nor even a cutout in the window/dash for a vin to go. I thought it was odd that their were not even signs that a vin was even supposeto go in the window on either right or left side.

Even if I had a pic of the VIN, I don't find it right to put it up online as that's worse than posting a license plate. But I doubt their are many people who could look at a vin and tell if it belongs to an R let alone an RGT anyway.

Let the conspiracy theries and rumors start!

Last edited:
Love the drama.

I'd just like to know if it is a real NSX-R GT or not. If it is, awesome. We finally get to see a real a one and know it's not just a myth. If it's a replica, that's fine too. Too bad the validity of the claim can't be definitive as no one knows the VIN numbers for the 5.

Hey, did the Spoon guy saw anything demeaning towards US tuners at all? Heard a rumor he mentioned that.

Hey, did the Spoon guy saw anything demeaning towards US tuners at all? Heard a rumor he mentioned that.

uhhh, as far as i know mr spoon loves the usa honda "game" and he is suprised at the demand for spoon parts here in the us.

the superiority of hondas goes:
super gt nsx's
north american modified hondas
japan modified hondas
japan stock hondas
euro stock hondas
north american stock hondas

japan makes some really nice parts, but north america takes honda performance to a whole new level from the incredible demand, although we dont make stuff look as cool as japan(spoon,mugen,volk,bys,bride,etc) but we sure make it fast as FU*K:biggrin:

Photoshop!

All those pics are fake! Made up story! And that isnt Billy posting either!

Look at the shadows. They dont line up. These pictures were all taken in a studio, motivated by Mother Honda to show that old and new NSXs alike can compete with the new $65k wonder machine.

Gotta go. The government is coming to get me!

Ps- great shots guys. Im sure that based upon the credibilty of the parties you were with that its real. What a great day to be in such great company.

uhhh, as far as i know mr spoon loves the usa honda "game" and he is suprised at the demand for spoon parts here in the us.

From what I heard, he said something about how US road racing is just about power and have no balance.

But I'm hearing this third person.

Not sure if the car is real or not in the first pics, but it looks well!

However; on any pics I have seen of the NSX-R GT, there was no radio aerial, and the side vent sat lower from the fuel cap!

On the first photo, you can clearly see Bigfoot sitting on the summit of the hill on the left.

The NSX-RGT is clearly a fake, because it has a Spoon Raditor cap just like the one I bought off ebay. :)

Last edited:
From what I heard, he said something about how US road racing is just about power and have no balance.

But I'm hearing this third person.

Well he said their tuning philosophy is balance and power. We said we also agree with that philosophy but greatly lean more to the power side as it is something we prefer. We like it to scare us, be on the edge of grip, and leave us with a shakey leg getting out. He basically chuckled and patted me on the shoulder saying "American Tuner". It would have been interesting to see the spread if we ran on Big Willow instead:wink:

Back