• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

omg not this car again!

Hey, I like the look of the car. Sure, the yellow stickers are not my taste, but it certainly makes getting in and out a bunch easier.

But that's only one of two cars guys. Are 91's that low? Really!!! If you check the prices lately any nsx's with such low miles are going for close to 50k, even if it's 91

yes an UNCUT chassis's are going for that much after he cut the car value was cut with it

- - - Updated - - -

edit: stock non turbo'ed are going for that much

when he added the turbo and cut the car he killed its value

Maybe if he lost the rag top and replaced the hatch, it would sell.
shut up and take my money!!! Hopefully im not crazy for liking this red one this much

I am impressed with the top down look but can't imagine it would be worth more than 20.

Such a beautiful car minus the stickers, interior. I agree top up looks hideous but top down is all that.

lol you should know....:wink:

Such a beautiful car minus the stickers, interior. I agree top up looks hideous but top down is all that.

Didn't you used to have a Phaeton? Or am I mixing you up with someone else? If you did, where did it go?

Re: Price. 20-30? Really? It has 17K miles on it, which makes it a 50-55K car normally. And I've yet to see a good turbo install actually hurt the value. The drop top conversion...yeah, I get where that could limit the market and maybe drop the value. But at the right auction it could actually raise the value if the conversion was done right by a well known shop and if the car is NOT displayed EVER with the top up. You know what they say, when the top goes down the price goes up. (Yeah, I know...that's for factory convertibles but still...) Automatic 91's aren't everyone's choice either and they do go for a little less than 5-speeds. But they still aren't cheap. My point is you never know. Regardless, the owner has the right to do what he wants with the car and to name the price he is willing to accept for it. Do I need to start pointing and making cracks about NSX owners who sport the hella-flush look? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-BGIcRBPHM (nsfw audio)

On a styling note, the ivory interior bits should absolutely go. They make the seats look tacky. They might work with an all black interior. Living in the sunny south I can actually see where some would prefer a high quality fabric seat to leather. Not me, mind you. But some.

As far as compromising the rigidity, not sure it is any less rigid than a targa. If some reinforcement was included during the conversion, it might actually be MORE solid than your average T.

Last edited:
I am not surprised it sold for this much. There is a lot of people with an excess of money. It's different and that's a good reason to have it I guess.

My first year with NSX prime. Let's see if it shows up again next year.

Looks quite good in my opinion, but makes me wonder if they cut up the NSX professionally? Didn't 01s all came in coupe configuration?

Didn't you used to have a Phaeton? Or am I mixing you up with someone else? If you did, where did it go?

Yeah that's me the phaeton got flooded in our last rain storm and they totaled it. I miss that vw like hell. Picked up a Range Rover since I needed a truck.

My first year with NSX prime. Let's see if it shows up again next year.

Looks quite good in my opinion, but makes me wonder if they cut up the NSX professionally? Didn't 01s all came in coupe configuration?

I believe you meant "Didn't 91s all came in coupe configuration?" - in which case the answer is yes.

The conversion on this car looked professional and some people might have thought it was factory, but there were a few rough spots. In particular the cuts around the rear engine vents.

Yeah that's me the phaeton got flooded in our last rain storm and they totaled it. I miss that vw like hell. Picked up a Range Rover since I needed a truck.

Wow I'm really sorry to hear that. Phaeton W12 is one of my dream cars. Went to look at one that was for sale nearby a few years back but it was absolutely beat to shit. They are very rare...

Back