• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

omg not this car again!

Re: Price. 20-30? Really? It has 17K miles on it, which makes it a 50-55K car normally. And I've yet to see a good turbo install actually hurt the value. The drop top conversion...yeah, I get where that could limit the market and maybe drop the value. But at the right auction it could actually raise the value if the conversion was done right by a well known shop and if the car is NOT displayed EVER with the top up. You know what they say, when the top goes down the price goes up. (Yeah, I know...that's for factory convertibles but still...) Automatic 91's aren't everyone's choice either and they do go for a little less than 5-speeds. But they still aren't cheap. My point is you never know. Regardless, the owner has the right to do what he wants with the car and to name the price he is willing to accept for it. Do I need to start pointing and making cracks about NSX owners who sport the hella-flush look? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-BGIcRBPHM (nsfw audio)

On a styling note, the ivory interior bits should absolutely go. They make the seats look tacky. They might work with an all black interior. Living in the sunny south I can actually see where some would prefer a high quality fabric seat to leather. Not me, mind you. But some.

As far as compromising the rigidity, not sure it is any less rigid than a targa. If some reinforcement was included during the conversion, it might actually be MORE solid than your average T.

If done right I doubt it is as rigid as a T. Without any reinforcement that thing will likely fold in half in short order. Would be interesting to know who did it, when and for how much, and what they did exactly.

I am late to this thread but would have guessed a minimum of $40k for this. No way would it ever go for $20k. With twin turbos the car is likely worth $20k in parts

Are the T chassis any different than the coupe? Does Honda add any reinforcement?
Yep. From the Wiki:

• Approx. 100 lbs heaver than 1991/1992 models due to reinforcements for targa top, including: The base of the B pillar where it joins the rocker panel, larger rear bulkhead crossbar, thicker trunk leading edge panel, a redesigned and thicker-walled rear roof section, a redesigned front roof rail section, additional rib in the center rear bulkhead section, a completely redesigned and thicker upper A-pillar. There's also a redesigned and thicker upper dashboard cross member and a redesigned front lower floor section. The extruded aluminum side sills were extensively reinforced - wall thickness of the vertical center web of the 5-sided extrusion went from 2mm to 6mm.

Back