OK Time to Fess Up...

Three weeks ago I had an accident and my precious 91 Red/Ivory was totaled. The Best news no one was hurt. The other good news is that my insurance company paid me twice what my original purchase price was 3 yrs ago. I'm still sad to lose a car that brought such great memories for me and my son in the short time I owned it. But I've moved on and purchased a 2002 Imola Orange Pearl NSX on Wednesday and drove it back to San Antonio. I brought it home today and met some fellow Primers at our weekly meet at Biff's Burgers tonight. Needless to say it has been a crazy three days. I saw fellow Primer, NSX-Barque in Atlanta rush hour traffic. I drove 830 miles that day and 640 miles today. It was a great trip and I had many comments on the unusual color. Any how here are the pictures...

One fewer red/ivory 1991 on the road. :-( Not too many remain. Glad you and your pax/all others were OK. Congrats on the latest edition to your garage.

Last edited:
nice upgrade indeed

So it was you! I was wondering who purchased that Imola when the owner SAY SOLD!!! Very nice, can't wait to see it in the next TX NSX Craze!!

So it was you! I was wondering who purchased that Imola when the owner SAY SOLD!!! Very nice, can't wait to see it in the next TX NSX Craze!!

Thanks. I look forward to it. I was looking at Gil's and a couple others that were 02 conversions. But settled on an original 02 in a rare color instead.

Great car/great color. What's your opinion when you compare the 02 to the 91?

Very nice.... too bad about your loss, but you were able to upgrade to a very desirable and rare color newer NSX with the 6 spd.

You must have either purchased your Red/Ivory NSX for a great deal or your insurance company is awesome.

well I didnt see that one forsale.. another attack of the imola police, they normally sell behind everyones back or posted on prime for a few minutes and then they say sold, cuz the imola police affiliated with NSXPRIME
tell them to take it down. and that they will be contacted shortly to complete the sale. I swear it true.

LOL - at Shawn's comments.

Congrats n the Car! love the color

OP:

Please let the staff at NSXPRIME know your VIN# of the 91 Red/Ivory - so we can add it to the list of cars that are totalled.

Sorry to hear about the accident, but it looks like you came out smelling like a rose!

Congrats on the Imola car.

Great car/great color. What's your opinion when you compare the 02 to the 91?

I still miss my 91. It was like a true sports car without the power steering and I think I could hear the engine a bit more. The 02 is more refined IMO. I like them both for their differences.

well I didnt see that one forsale.. another attack of the imola police, they normally sell behind everyones back or posted on prime for a few minutes and then they say sold, cuz the imola police affiliated with NSXPRIME
tell them to take it down. and that they will be contacted shortly to complete the sale. I swear it true.

Actually, I stumbled on the posting about an hour after it was posted while looking for the contact info on a nice 02 conversion that I was interested in. We made the deal happen in 3 days. Sorry I acted so quickly on it... please forgive me :rolleyes:

OP:

Please let the staff at NSXPRIME know your VIN# of the 91 Red/Ivory - so we can add it to the list of cars that are totalled.

JH4NA21153MT001696. It still hurts to lose it. I loved that car. At least the value of the other 3000 or so Formula Reds went up a little.

Congratulations IOP!

Yea, was wondering who/where when that F S posting closed as sold. Good on you :smile:

Will you be able to remove that front lic plate holder or is TX still a 2 plate country?

Many happy miles to you.

You lucky punk you, is that the one with the 56k miles? Thank god you and you and your son is ok, enjoy it

Congratulations on successfully navigating through Atlantas' constant rush hour traffic! Great looking Orange​!

Yea, was wondering who/where when that F S posting closed as sold. Good on you :smile:

Will you be able to remove that front lic plate holder or is TX still a 2 plate country?

Many happy miles to you.

We call it a republic. But yes we are required to have a plate attached the front. However, the law doesn't specify that it be readable. So I ordered the SOS retractable bracket. I'll attach the plate in the retracted position and never pull it down. I had the same on my 91 and the cops were good with it retracted. Yea bureaucracy.

You lucky punk you, is that the one with the 56k miles? Thank god you and you and your son is ok, enjoy it

Yes it was the one with 56K miles in Virginia. The weather forecast was for snow and sleet so I headed south as fast as I could through Durham,NC; Atlanta,GA; Jackson,MS and Shreveport, LA to San Antonio. All the crappy weather was just north of that route.

Yes it was the one with 56K miles in Virginia. The weather forecast was for snow and sleet so I headed south as fast as I could through Durham,NC; Atlanta,GA; Jackson,MS and Shreveport, LA to San Antonio. All the crappy weather was just north of that route.

...I always miss the NSXs that pass through Shreveport somehow. I have no clue how, I use I-20 all the time. Then I come on here and hear, "i passed through Shreveport in my imola" or "i passed through Shreveport in my 2005 GPW/W" or "i passed through Shreveport in my JDM NSX-R" LOL. I must just be completely unobservant.

Congrats on the purchase, I will miss seeing Wesley's old car in the area but it is nice to know it has found a good new home with an enthuiast.

Actually, I stumbled on the posting about an hour after it was posted while looking for the contact info on a nice 02 conversion that I was interested in. We made the deal happen in 3 days. Sorry I acted so quickly on it... please forgive me :rolleyes:

You can kinda thank me as I told Wesley to post the car here on Prime. He listed the car on www.6speedonline.com and when I was considering it we had a few back and forth conversations but in the end I'm sticking with a newer 911.

Congrats! You are in an exclusive club.

You can kinda thank me as I told Wesley to post the car here on Prime. He listed the car on www.6speedonline.com and when I was considering it we had a few back and forth conversations but in the end I'm sticking with a newer 911.

Thanks for helping Wesley sell me his car and for not buying it.

Don't wanna

Thanks? :tongue:

You coulda brought this beauty to greater Trawna and instead let it go to TX? :biggrin:

Thanks? :tongue:

You coulda brought this beauty to greater Trawna and instead let it go to TX? :biggrin:

I just brought it back home. It was in Houston prior to its life in Virginia. Go Buckeyes! :biggrin:

Curious, What was the asking price?

Looks pretty clean. Congrats.

Back