Ok, the attention is a bit ridiculous....

Maybe that means nice car in his country:biggrin:

Actually it's quite funny, if not strange. I'll be driving along at 65 mph in the slow lane and people will give me a wave, a thumbs up, sometimes take photos with their phone, etc, and then some bozo will give me the finger.:biggrin:

Actually it's quite funny, if not strange. I'll be driving along at 65 mph in the slow lane and people will give me a wave, a thumbs up, sometimes take photos with their phone, etc, and then some bozo will give me the finger.:biggrin:

LOL :D:D:D:D This post made me happy! :)

well, I washed the car in my driveway today. Got this:

Neighbor down the street pulls over to ask:
--"is that one of them lotus's?"

Realtor showing a client my house asks:
--"what kind of car is that?"....
--me: "it's a Honda".....
--her: "Honda?? I thought it was a Lamborghini"...

Client with another Realtor walking by:
--"realllllly nice car...."

Multiple cars passing by made double takes....kinda funny, I thought one guy was going to hit my civic parked out front lol.

it's so freaking hilarious the amount of attention this car gets!!!! funny thing is, I have only put 50 miles on the odometer since I got the car in January lol...

anyways, I dont like it actually. Glad the windows are tinted.

If you drive your NSX more often, the attracted attention will be less, because you will be paying more attention to your driving instead of others looking/staring, and pointing at your NSX.:biggrin: :wink:

Maybe he did'nt have a thumb.:biggrin:

I was driving down a street just outside my neighborhood recently. A couple young guys gave me the "thumbs down". I guess my NSX isn't as cool as the Scion parked in their driveway.:confused:

You know the big "glove" they had at basketball games before that pointed its pointing finger up... I wonder if you get it with the middle finger pointing instead. That would be a nice reply to all the haters.

Maybe he did'nt have a thumb.:biggrin:

That guys probably had a finger reattachment. He was giving you a thumb. Only thing is that his thumb is attached in the middle. I am just trying to picture that, and it's not pretty.:biggrin:

If people give me either the finger or a gang sign, I do the star trek 'live long and prosper' thing in response. Nobody yet has known how to respond to that.

Nick

It draws attention... Just yesterday I was driving along and I felt someone staring at me. Turned and there's this chick trying to drive and take my picture at the same time. Too funny.

One of the engineers in my building was saying to his coworker (i over heard it) was that the NSX revs to 14K RPM lol! he then pointed to me and said isnt that right? I nod and give him a "yup" :tongue:

It draws attention... Just yesterday I was driving along and I felt someone staring at me. Turned and there's this chick trying to drive and take my picture at the same time. Too funny.

Funny, that is, until she hits you during the process :mad:

I've noticed a lot of people in front of me almost run off the road looking in their rear-view. :smile: It's going to suck when someone does and I run into them... :confused:

If you drive your NSX more often, the attracted attention will be less, because you will be paying more attention to your driving instead of others looking/staring, and pointing at your NSX.:biggrin: :wink:

Very true. It can be very noticable at first, but after more than 4 years I hardly notice it now. Plus, the Supra gets 10x the attention as the NSX so that might have something to do with it (RHD).

Last edited:
Had a guy say that he HATED ME .... since he always wanted an NSX. Atleast he knew what it was. :wink:

Had a traffic cop waive me over and he says " Do you know why I stopped you? "
I say nooooooooo. He says " Cuz your driving an NSX ... and I was just curious"

Alot of people here in NYC know cars.

Went to the gas station today and a Honda fan came up to me and asked to take a picture of my NSX. An hour later, I went to Jack in the Box (drive thru), and one of the passengers got out of the car that was in front of me and started taking several pictures of my car. That's too funny.:smile:

Also, two days ago I'm sitting at a stop light and the driver in the car on the right starts yelling at me, so I rolled the window down to see what his problem was cuz I could not hear. He has yelling "Your F--ken car is so sick, and F--ken sweet and I love the set up" He was quite emotional. Not sure if he even knew what type of car it was.

Last edited:
I was at McDonald's a couple of days ago (home of the $1 Menu), and had my window down. Behind me I hear a kid on his cell phone talking to someone saying, "Yeah....it is right in front of me. It is white....freaking sick looking!! You should see it," and kept on talking to him. I guess he liked my car. :D :cool:

This thread also proves that the NSX isn't a chick magnet. Unfortunately it attracts the eyes of males between the age of 11-35.

This thread also proves that the NSX isn't a chick magnet. Unfortunately it attracts the eyes of males between the age of 11-35.

I beg to differ ;) I will just leave it at that, never know when my wife will read this lol:biggrin: :biggrin:

I'll have to agree to that. The ratio of pubescent boy attention to hot girl attention is something like 50:1 for me right now. Which is bad for me, but would be great for Michael Jackson.

I'll have to agree to that. The ratio of pubescent boy attention to hot girl attention is something like 50:1 for me right now. Which is bad for me, but would be great for Michael Jackson.

NOW..............I understand why some of the nsx guys were putting Pedobear stickers on their cars....hahaha! (see that thread elsewhere on here)

rk

For my MR2 (Mk I SC) at a country gas station - "Is that a UFO?" :)

Since I started driving an NSX:

Two guys in a Honda passing me with one guy sticking out of the sunroof videotaping the car.

Lot's of "Do you run it on VIR?"

Guy in Yellow MR-2 (MKII) follows me into a parking lot on the back side of a building to say it's his favorite car ever.

People walking by in the mall parking lot looking at the engine in the back (no cover).

Plenty of "how fast will it go?"

Drivers looking at it sideways when they pass me at a stoplight.

My wife complaining she won't drive it to church because the cops keep turning around to follow her down the country highway

Someone clueless leaving a "rice ticket" on my stock NSX

Mechanics and customer looking at engine in back today while I got my state inspection

Back