Official: Teaser pic of Skyline GT-R Prototype

Interesting, the word I was thinking of was ugly. I think the front end looks like dog poop. But that's just my 2 cents.

I like it. It is just a drawing so it's hard to tell. I'm sure actual pictures will do it more justice.

Hopefully the real pictures will look better- I have seen this concept in mock-up models on a few sites in the past- it looks good in 3 dimensions, but I have to agree w/ Da Hapa- that drawing looks like poo.

Looks awefully similar to the GT-R concept from the Tokyo show a few years back.

The back end looks like a cross between a 456gt and a 360. I don't think it looks bad at all. The only question is how much will it cost...

brian

It was posted on here and on the site that hosted those pics that the real pics and possibly details would be released on 10-7. Is there an official site that we can watch for that to happen? I know Honda has Hondanews.com. Does Nissan have a similar site?

I think I've got a better chance of affording this car before I could afford the NSX replacement. I like it, I think it's going to be along the lines of the new Evo concept in terms of aggressive looks. :smile:

Wow, it's a great looking concept. Can't wait for the production model...which we know never looks exactly like the concept pictures.

jordansx said:
I saw spy shots of the GTR in motortrend a 2 or 3 months ago. . .it just looked like a revised front bumper. Was that picture fake? Has anyone else seen it?

Did it look like a G35 on steroids? I think that was just a development mule.

WOW! I tried looking at these pics again at the link above. It didn't work, so I registered to that site and looked through some other threads there. Apparently Nissan contacted them and pulled the pictures!

Nice styling, but what i don't understand is why they would make another 350.
Second, why they turning a normal family saloon into an exotic?

This one won't be based on the Skyline family car (the G35 in the US market) or platform

Actually, all previous Skylines were like that as the GT-R was the ultra-performance model.. this will be the first time the GT-R has nothing to do with the family saloon line of Skyline

It won't be another 350Z... AWD, TT engine, and it won't be a 2 seater (if it keeps true to its previous generations)

overall lines front to back are pretty cool, but the finishing features... yuck. ugly headlights, funky hood... i guess i'm a little more old fashioned tho. to each their own. hope it's really fast!

well..... there it is...... it's not bad but it could definitely use a nose job, though if i see it coming up on me in my rearview i dont think i could mistake it for anything else. maybe it would look nicer in black.

robr said:
well..... there it is...... it's not bad but it could definitely use a nose job, though if i see it coming up on me in my rearview i dont think i could mistake it for anything else. maybe it would look nicer in black.

I'll second that. I'd like to see a more "boxy" front end...However, I think it look better than the original concept.

http://www.freshalloy.com/site/cars/nissan/skyline/r35/concept/home.shtml

I found a video link on the site as well

http://my350z.com/media/GTR.avi

Back