Official: Teaser pic of Skyline GT-R Prototype

ive been looking at the pics quite often this morning and it's really starting to grow on me.... give me the specs and pricing, i too may actually have found an nsx replacement - hopefully i can afford it by the time it hits the market.

An article about the GT-R

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=107616

The GT-R will have the same powertrain in all markets, he said. Sources tell Inside Line that Nissan is considering a twin-turbocharged, 3.7-liter V6 that produces about 450 horsepower and drives all four wheels through a seven-speed sequential gearbox.

I was like yes YES YES :biggrin: then read the last line.... :frown:

More pics...

http://www.japanesecarfans.com/photos.cfm/PhotoID/3051019.004/nissan/1.html

Looks good in black....really cleans up the lines...

black7pp.jpg

thank god.... from the same article

While the nose of the GT-R Proto is more conceptual in nature, Nakamura said the car's greenhouse, side profile and rear end, especially the retro-style round taillamps, are "very close" to the final design.

I like it. It provide some room for mods in the future. Big bad wolf under a sheep skin. :smile: Next I want to see Subi STi and Evo's with two doors only (no more saloons).

It looks great yeah, but where is the history behind it? The R32, R33, and the ever popular R34 has history people! The history is the RB (race Breed) engines! It's probobly going to a VQ38DETT. Think of a 3.8 litre TT 350Z with a crazy bodykit on it. I dont know, maybe becuase I am stuckin my Forza generation here or something but still, it lacks the RB...plain and simple. It will be nice though, I know that. I hope people who buy it, buy it for what it can do and WANTS to do.

I like it, especially the exposed carbon fiber. Like I've said before, I've got a better chance of buying one of these new than I do a new NSX if they stick with the current pricing. I'll say though that the Evo X concept looks really sweet in my book too. Two years from now there's gonna be too many cars out that are cool but I won't be able to afford all of them.... :frown:

robr said:
I'd never heard of the Evo X but I just googled it, and I gotta say... it's finally NOT BUTT UGLY!!! Except maybe for the front grill area which looks an awful lot like the Skyline pics we've just seen

http://www.channel4.com/4car/gallery/M/mitsubishi/evox-i-d5-ol_page_4.html

evo-x-f3q-st.jpg

evo-x-r3q.jpg

That car will be one beast of a daily driver! I loved my evo 8 while I had it, total bulletproof car. The only thing I didn't like was I thought the steering ratio was one tick past bearable, a little too quick, you couldn't drive with one hand comfortably.

Let's see.... so far my car wish list is:
1. GT-R
2. Evo X
3. New NSX (will have to wait for depreciation on a used one.... :frown: )
4. I still wanna pick up a used 350Z with a nismo set up.

I am so broke over the next ten years! Plus, my gf is gonna kill me if I don't buy her a ring soon too! :tongue:

Very interested.

Attachments

• GTR.1.jpg
    GTR.1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 284
  • GTR.3.jpg
    GTR.3.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 293
GHOSTRIDER said:
Very interested.

At first I didn't like it 100%, but then (like someone else mentioned) I gave it a little time and it grew on me. I think part of the delayed reaction is because this car has been hyped so much that people expect an Enzo looking. However, imagine this car riding around town...it looks so different and powerful. The wheels are for 20 inch rims! That's huge.

I also heard that it's now 450-500hp now V6TT AWD.

Check out these photoshops (scroll down towards the middle of the page) --> photoshops

p.s. --> can someone place the pic here (I don't know how to :( ).

Black will be the way to go on the new GTR, it really cleans up the lines and looks menacing.

The new skyline looks incredible...

...really, there's not much else you can say about it. Its beautiful.

Mike / ClearCorners.Com

Back