NSXs are truly rare

Just drove a 4-door Integra GSR from Miami, Florida to Toronto, Canada - on the way, saw tons (I mean tons) of corvettes, 6 porsches, but not a single NSX - WOW - no wonder people don't know what kind of car it is

The best part of the drive was Virginia with the twisties and the mountains

since owning one i haven't seen much either.. only on meets do i see people driving nsx.. it's pretty rare to come across one.. and when people do see one.. everyone who seen mine still asked me what kind of car it is and said it's the first one they have seen in person.. :biggrin:

NSX7 said:
Just drove a 4-door Integra GSR from Miami, Florida to Toronto, Canada - on the way, saw tons (I mean tons) of corvettes, 6 porsches, but not a single NSX - WOW - no wonder people don't know what kind of car it is

I love the twisiteies in va, they are fun to drive on with a bunch of people

I went to JAE (in the UK) which is Europes biggest Jap car meeting and there were only 7/8 NSX's there over the whole three days.

Cheers,

James.

NSX7 said:

Only 6 Porsches? Including Boxsters?

Nsx's are indeed rare...thats why i'm in the market for one now! Just something totally different from a benz, or porsche.

:frown: :frown: No they aren't :frown: :frown:

Not only did I drive to work in a downpour this morning, but I was...

(oh the horror!!)

...greeted to not just an NSX sighting, which are very rare here, but...

(*tear* be strong, Ski, BE STRONG)

...it was Silverstone or Kaiser, 97-01...

(Oh no! I'm gonna lose it right here I can't hold back anymore!)

...PARKED IN MY PARKING GARAGE!!!
:eek: :eek:

:frown:

I'm sorry for your pain. lol

jond said:
I see more Ferraris then NSXs usually.

+1

I think I've just seen one on the road here, never again. Ferrari's are far more often spotted. But then again, there are perhaps less than 20 NSX's here :tongue: :biggrin:

I live in a city of just over 1 million and even though I'm sure there are a couple of dozen cars or more, I have only seen any of them 4 times total since purchasing mine 2.5 years ago. Totally true when people ask "what kind of car is that", because they just aren't seen.

I drive all over SoCal and San Diego county--up to 50K mi/year and I usually see an average of about 10/year on the road. And I pay attention.

Same as Ferraris or Vipers, basically.

I usually have the valet slide my car right out in front at the hotel in Vegas. Almost no one knows what the hell it is--mostly tourists from the midwest and east coasts. They see the "A" and are stunned and then remark that they think it's Acura's new car and how much I paid and that they'd love to get one. :biggrin:

I see more Ferraris then NSXs usually.

Of course you will see more Ferraris than the NSX, but I bet you see less "single" model F cars than the NSX.

I don't know what's up with Orange Country S. Cal, I see NSX every day!!!:biggrin:

Last edited:
I usually see one or two a week, but I never see one when I am driving mine... unless I go to an event. I only drive mine on the weekends though.

Today, I heard a horn honk and 3 dudes gave me the thumbs up...it was nice. I wish the ladies paid more attention to our cars...:frown:

I got you all beat. Other than when my friend PJ and i get together, I have never seen a NSX on the road....NEVER. I drive 60k-70k miles a year for work and have worked in lots of different cities and was in my mid 20's in 1991.

Last week my car was parked in a lot and i was standing close. These two older men come out of a business and i had parked beside them. One guy stares at the front of my car like he is looking for something and then walks around the back looking everywhere on the back. I heard him tell the other guy "I don't know what it is, It doesn't say anything". Hehe, i recently removed the emblems :redface: .

Today I pulled into a convenience store and was almost greeted at the door by a local LEO who was inside. "what kind of car is that?". I said a Acura NSX. He sort of walked away and turned and walked back. "A Acura what?" I said a NSX. He asked "Is that a new model?" I told him that they were made from 1991-2005. "So what year is it?". I told him it was a 2002 and he said "It looks like it just came off the showroom floor, man i bet that that is fun to drive". He was staring out the window the whole time.

It just depends on where you live. Though NSXs are rare, we see them pretty often in CA.

Here are pictures from a mini-Expo we had in the SF Bay Area this past Sunday:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74946.

We do something like this once a month in the Bay (though usually it's about 1/2 the number of cars - this was one of our bigger meets).
lots of nsx's in sacramento. a few gallardo's. lots of ferrari garage queens but they do not get out much...BMW and porsche everywhere - my neighbor has two carrerras in his garage!

I see about 2-3 NSXs per month on average. I saw only 1 NSX while driving mine excluding meets, and bnesse's NSX (almost always parked in the same place at his work). I see less Vipers than NSXs in my area.

Back