NSXPO "official" smack talk

Wow all this smack talk really makes me wish I was at NSXPO. Andrie, Leigh and I are moving to Colorado next year so maybe we can compete at a BMWCCA Race.

Bob

1BADNSX said:
Wow all this smack talk really makes me wish I was at NSXPO. Andrie, Leigh and I are moving to Colorado next year so maybe we can compete at a BMWCCA Race.

Bob

You missed quite an event, Bob. All this smack talk is in good fun. Bob Ondrovic really talks a good game. If I can just shut him up ;)

As far as BMW club race, I no longer participate, as I don't even own a BMW anymore. I am still in the mailing list and hopefully I can run with them in the future.

RSO 34 said:
Don't worry, Andrie. Between me and my brother we photographed all the cars regardless of how slow they were.

I haven't seen any pics of my car from the track or the bridge. I hope someone got at least one. It was the black one with 2 neon yellow stripes(race team colors) covering my deer hit. Oh well I had a great time at the event, I just wish i hadn't flat spotted my tires on mon. I guess i need to make some mods to the suspension now. Thanks to all there it was great meeting with you all.
Frank Vilardi

Wow!!! that is one huge wing. Was that actually "tuned" for the car? or just bolted on. Andrie, it looks like it may provide a more noticeable change in the aerodynamics then my Paddock exhaust canister facing the wrong way ;) ;)

Do they ever adress the way the canister facing/laid out? I'm seriously concern for people that bring the car to the track or drive at high speed.

The wing does look bad ass though :D :D

jadkar said:
Wow!!! that is one huge wing. Was that actually "tuned" for the car? or just bolted on. Andrie, it looks like it may provide a more noticeable change in the aerodynamics then my Paddock exhaust canister facing the wrong way ;) ;)

The wing does look bad ass though :D :D

The wing is still in the experimental stage. So far, we still hoping the car can actually fly since I was going so fast :D Actually the wing was derived from Formula Atlantic car.

You bring out a good point, what was the outcome about the Paddock exhaust canister? And I have to thank Ken (is his name Ken? the owner) on his comment about my driving and the fact I didn't have sponsors. Comptech and a few others took notice and came through. ;)

I never been to glen before and proved to be able to get up to speed right away. Would probably get DocJohn too if the car still workin right (continuing smack talking) :p

Andrie,It is fun to go to a new track and see how well you learn it and how quickly.But still there is no substitute for local knowledge ;) I'm sorry we did'nt get to run together as well,oh well hopefully phoenix will be new for both of us :p

Andrie,

I was very sad that I couldn’t stay for the track event, unfortunately I couldn't get out of work on Monday :( You were nice enough to take me out for a couple of laps at Infenion last year, I was hoping to get some seat time with you at the Glen. Since Peter has been my instructor at WGI I would have been able to point out how he takes turn #6 & #11 faster than you ;) ;)

Anyway, I'm confused, did you see Ken at the Glen?? I personally haven't spoke to him in about 6 months. I know that he has come up with a "new" design for the exhaust with less welds & different canister placement. As far as mine, I personally haven't had any issues at all, and I have been out at the Glen & Pocono this past year. The car feels just as stable as ever, and I think my instructors can vouch for that :D Actually, at NSXPO I couldn't believe how many people asked me what system it was, and commented on it's unique deep note. At the extremely inexpensive price that he offers the exhaust at I may just purchase the newer style for the hell of it, I can put the older unit on my track rat whenever I get one :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As far as DocJohn & Peter......I have been lucky enough to have them both as my instructors. I can tell you they're both like "dueling dragons", If you think you got one chances are the other would smack you in the ass. I'm quite sure you would have had your hands full with the good doctor. We'll have to wait til next year......

I'll c-ya in Phoenix!!

BTW - how did you like the track itself?, how challenging did you find it on a scale of 1-10 ?(10 being the most difficult)

racerx24 said:
I haven't seen any pics of my car from the track or the bridge. I hope someone got at least one. It was the black one with 2 neon yellow stripes(race team colors) covering my deer hit. Oh well I had a great time at the event, I just wish i hadn't flat spotted my tires on mon. I guess i need to make some mods to the suspension now. Thanks to all there it was great meeting with you all.
Frank Vilardi

Hi Frank,

Because you were the first one photographed at the bridge, I didn't personally get your shot but my brother did get you. I was trying to get you back to the hotel so quickly I was not set with my camera.

I didn't get any photos of you on the track because we were in the same run group but my brother must have some. I didn't think it would be safe to take your picture in my rear view mirror as we went through the esses.

Bob, I am glad to hear that. If you hear of any pics of my car on track let me know. It really was a great event. I'm so glad I made it. Looking forward to the next event.

Frank

racerx24 said:
Bob, I am glad to hear that. If you hear of any pics of my car on track let me know. It really was a great event. I'm so glad I made it. Looking forward to the next event.

Frank

My brother will be wrapping up his vacation in a few days and we will both be compiling all of of our track photos and they will be posted on his website after they are finished. http://photography.pigeonpiefilms.com/

For anyone reading this post, the NSXPO gallery is password protected for now because of the need to finish uploading and editing. It will be viewable when all photos have been completed. Thank you for you patience.

jadkar said:
Andrie,

I was very sad that I couldn’t stay for the track event, unfortunately I couldn't get out of work on Monday :( You were nice enough to take me out for a couple of laps at Infenion last year, I was hoping to get some seat time with you at the Glen. Since Peter has been my instructor at WGI I would have been able to point out how he takes turn #6 & #11 faster than you ;) ;)
Jadkar, I took a lot of people for rides last year, I'm sorry if I can't remember you.

It is arguable if Peter indeed took T6 and T11 faster than me. T6 is arguable, because I just passed him on the bus stop and had to do it sideways because he didn't make it easy ;) I was still gathering the car when I have to make T6. As far as T11, I'm not sure if he even took it faster than me. But in the end, lap times what matter. Consistent lap time even so. The fact that I was about 3 turns behind him and on cold tires at the beginning of the session, while he was on warm tires, and being able to catch him after a few laps and eventually passed him is quite an accomplishment for someone who never been to glen before. Patting myself on the back :)

Anyway, I'm confused, did you see Ken at the Glen?? I personally haven't spoke to him in about 6 months. I know that he has come up with a "new" design for the exhaust with less welds & different canister placement. As far as mine, I personally haven't had any issues at all, and I have been out at the Glen & Pocono this past year. The car feels just as stable as ever, and I think my instructors can vouch for that :D Actually, at NSXPO I couldn't believe how many people asked me what system it was, and commented on it's unique deep note. At the extremely inexpensive price that he offers the exhaust at I may just purchase the newer style for the hell of it, I can put the older unit on my track rat whenever I get one :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was refering to one of his post on the past thread. When he become so defensive when I pointed out the possibility problem with the canister angle.

As far as DocJohn & Peter......I have been lucky enough to have them both as my instructors. I can tell you they're both like "dueling dragons", If you think you got one chances are the other would smack you in the ass. I'm quite sure you would have had your hands full with the good doctor. We'll have to wait til next year......

Indeed you are lucky to have both of them as your instructor. I've ridden with Peter at the Glen, and can comfortably say he is a very capable driver. In fact I had some doubts after the ride if I will be able to beat him in his own track. I've never had the honor to ride with DocJohn, but I have full confident of what people had said about him to be a fast and safe driver.

That being said, as a race car driver and a very competitive one at it, I do believe I can beat them both at any given time, given equal equipment. If I don't have that believe, I might as well quit racing and sit at home watching TV. I did prove my point to have caught Peter. If I was driving my own car, I would have gone out to try to catch DocJohn even if my car running in 5 cylinder. That's just how competitive I am.

Again, it is too bad the car had misfiring system.
Indeed. Hopefully we can sort it out and get it up and running again soon.

I'll c-ya in Phoenix!!

BTW - how did you like the track itself?, how challenging did you find it on a scale of 1-10 ?(10 being the most difficult)

Can't wait until Phoenix. At least it will be much warmer. It was freakin cold at the glen, that I almot run around with my helmet and driving gloves on :)

The track is quite challenging. It takes a few laps to grow some balls as almost all the turns are fast, and with the armco only 2 feet of the edge of the track it didn't help. However, after a few laps, I got the hang of it, and everything flows quite smoothly. I wish I had more laps, as usually it took me about 60 laps at any particular tracks to get to my peak. And I only had about 50 laps.

I have to give the Glen 7 as difficulties. But 10 for beauty.

I haven't seen any pics of my car from the track or the bridge.

Frank, were you in the black car with red 37? If so, I have some video of your car coming out of 11 and going down the main straight and also of you pulling off the track. I can post those up if you'd like.

Well I was quiet because this was my first time on a track with my NSX. I just got it 5 months ago and was not sure what it was capable of. In stock form to be honest I didnt think it stood a chance against all the big HP, trick suspension, Big brake, etc. cars. I did find it a bit soft, but plans are in the works to do some tweeks to suspension and maybe even a SC. NSXPO 2004 was a great time and i hope to make 2005. Take care!

Frank

Back