NSX VS Viper

IMGP7472.jpg

IMGP8020.jpg

Check out the difference. I also Overlayed my tails in my lighter 3/10 tint, and did the turn signals in my darker 6/10. Also, the rear diffusor is now matte black, and my furl lid is now gunmetal with the bolts left polished. Those pics up this weekend ;).

Bat™

No question that is a truly amazing car
images
Very tasteful what you've done so far... However those blind spots look to be a nightmare!

IMGP8003.jpg

Blue Batmobile said:
and yes, Viper interiors suck in general. I'm snazzing mine up a bit. But you gotta Love the V10 :).

Bat™

I love DOHC V10, not OHV V10! But in Viper's case, it works.

Like the episode of Top Gear, they love the car because it is simply simple.

Well it seems as you better re think your choices here, decide to wait, or get some more money.

You want targa nsx, and i presume you'd also enjoy the 3.2. either way you are going 95(97)+ for year on that. gonna be 45 grand, man.

Same for viper 2 gen gts are holding their value very well and a nice gts is gonna be 45 grand as well.

IMO if you are already spending mid to high 30's....chock up the extra 5-10k and get a superior example of either NSX or VIPER.

I SAY GEN 2 GTS

Blue Batmobile said:
Those are my stock wheels powdercoated Gunmetal :).

Bat™

Oh....ok...Hmm..
I wonder how the NSX stocks would look powder-coated GM on Long Beach Blue?
Again, love the look!

Blue Batmobile said:
You're right. The back end itself sits pretty high, and the B Pillars are pretty wide.

Bat™

I can never see a viper to hold its beauty over 6years the older gens look so outdated already, the NSX still virtually the same over all these years still looks amzingly fresh...I would rent a viper and keep a NSX...

NSX.jpg

Only the RT10 Vipers look outdated to me. The GTS still looks pretty current. The looks of the newer SRT10 and coupe don't do anything for me.

My favorite car as a kid was the old GTS (preferably a 2000+ model with ABS - less scary to drive), and i'd still want to own one; It is a beauty. It's the only model which actually resembles a snake. It looks like it's about to eat anything in it's path (Look at Bat's second pic posted of the black GTS).

if6.jpg

With that said, if i had to pick one over the other, it would definately be a 97+ NSX. There are only a handful of cars i would pick over the NSX - but they come with a price of more than tripple what it was new.

This was a Hennessey 850R w/815hp at the wheels that I had. Video being shot from a 550 wheel hp Supra. I am at the top of 2nd when we punch it. The video does not do the speeds we are doing any justice at all. Its looks slow on video but I topped 180 mph just before the top of the overpass before I jerked on the reigns. Watch how that viper instantly pull from the single turbo Supra!
http://media.putfile.com/me-vs-viper-650R_2

Blue Batmobile said:
When I finally get my LBPB I'm gonna go with the same theme as well :).

Bat™

Isn't it LBBP (long beach blue pearl)? or is it in fact LBPB (long beach pearl blue)?

Had my interior dash panels painted Blue to match the exterior, also had my lower rear diffuser painted matte black, and my fuel lid door powdercoated Gunmetal to tie in with my wheels :). Next up, Stripes ;).

Bat™

06o.jpg

IMGP8150.jpg

06p.jpg

IMGP8144.jpg

06a.jpg

IMGP8105.jpg

IMGP8110.jpg

vprts1.jpg

IMGP8132.jpg

IMGP8106.jpg

Debate settled

Well, I think I have settled the debate for awhile. I purchased a 2006 S2000. I was getting the OIL changed on my VTX at the honda dealer and they had it in the showroom. I thought I test it out, to kill some time untill I got my bike back. So for like 30 minutes I tried to find something wrong with it, so I would have to buy it. However, I could'nt, the Transmission is perfect, the engine sounds great, and It handles like a dream. I have read reviews about the car, and seen a few but really did not like it until the test drive. I know there are faster cars, but this car has a unique ability to everyday driving fun. This car puts a smile on the face, at every speed, and since I will be autocrossing it the s2000 really shines. I will still buy an NSX, now I am free to build a track car out of it.

NSX vs. Viper is simple...

Viper engine goes.... blah, blah, blah, blah, vrooooommmmmmm

NSX engine goes.... purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrerrrerrrerrrrerrrshriekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

CL65 Captain said:

NSX engine goes.... purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrerrrerrrerrrrerrrshriekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Finally a scientific explanation!
Problem solved, Please close thread and forward to Viper fourms!

CL65 Captain said:

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=5fe68561-befe-4ea3-8099-981b012bd6c5" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Now we just need this guy to make those exact sounds!

...enjoy :biggrin: (I'm sure many has seen this...maybe?)

FrEsHaZzBuRu said:
<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=5fe68561-befe-4ea3-8099-981b012bd6c5" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

Now we just need this guy to make those exact sounds!

...enjoy :biggrin: (I'm sure many has seen this...maybe?)

LOL:biggrin:

You know I was looking at a Viper or an NSX as well. I am really happy I bought the NSX. It gets a lot more looks than a viper, and it's so much more civil. Yeah I wanted the torque of that viper, but when I rode it one, it was so uncomfortable... and the fit and finish was just crummy. I mean the early versions have plastic windows for god's sake. Nothing hotter than pulling up to your girl friend and UNZIPPING the windows on your sports car. :rolleyes:

Blue Batmobile said:
Had my interior dash panels painted Blue to match the exterior, also had my lower rear diffuser painted matte black, and my fuel lid door powdercoated Gunmetal to tie in with my wheels :). Next up, Stripes ;).

Bat™

06o.jpg

IMGP8150.jpg

06p.jpg

IMGP8144.jpg

06a.jpg

IMGP8105.jpg

IMGP8110.jpg

vprts1.jpg

IMGP8132.jpg

IMGP8106.jpg

i like how u photoshopped it.. j/k..

i think american cars are the only cars that looks good with stripes.. especially a viper.. but i honestly don't like stripes..

Back