NSX vs S2000

That lady thread had me thinking, how does the NSX compare to the S2000?

From what I remember (just hearsay), the NSX is only slightly faster (1/4 mile times), accelerates a bit faster on the top end (if you were to do a rolling start at 80mph).

But I also heard of S2000 lap times (depending on the track of course) being very close to NSX lap times, maybe sometimes even faster (!!!).

Then I just read a comment that the S2000 feels stiffer, which I find hard to believe just from looking at the very shape of the car it is taller with a narrower wheelbase so it looks like it would be more wobbly (body roll).

From what I remember (just hearsay), the NSX is only slightly faster (1/4 mile times), accelerates a bit faster on the top end (if you were to do a rolling start at 80mph).

But I also heard of S2000 lap times (depending on the track of course) being very close to NSX lap times, maybe sometimes even faster (!!!).

Then I just read a comment that the S2000 feels stiffer, which I find hard to believe just from looking at the very shape of the car it is taller with a narrower wheelbase so it looks like it would be more wobbly (body roll).

People have often said, the S2000 is more of a Go Kart compared to the NSX.

Every thread I've read where the s2000 owner "upgrades" to an NSX by selling their s2k,.. they MISS their S2000 BADLY... they generally miss their old s2000 so badly that they always buy another one to compensate for their loss.

My 2 cents.

Do a forum or google search on NSXPrime for S2000 & NSX threads - there are thousands of posts discussing this topic, people are obviously going to flame you for not doing your "research" prior to posting this thread....

:)

Last edited:
Has anyone ever really compared the S2000 vs the NSX? I know I have'nt ,,,,never on this site,, let us know what you find out!! LOL

Has anyone ever compared .......man you've got to be ready for a major flaming to even start a thread like this......will someone kill this immediately! Stevewors - where have you been dude! I know this is some kind of sick joke ....I get it......I'm with ya! Ohhh boy:rolleyes:

Viper crushes both.I would think viper wins and schools both.....Now Buick gnx vs nsx vs s2000 is a valid comparo...

this thread reminds me:

flying_sharks.jpg

flying-tank1.jpg

633859225038859775-flyingtanks.jpg

It's Friday!

:biggrin:

Not again???

We must rely upon old threads. Opening a thread to collect current thought is frowned upon.
NSX vs. Model T, anyone?

:wink:

Flying sharks reminds me of my favorite movie-

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I16_8l0yS-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I16_8l0yS-g&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think we should seriously sticky every single NSX vs thread into one comprehensive mega thread!!!!

haha! sorry guys. flame away! feels nice and warm in this cold weather lately! ahhh. those flying sharks and tanks almost made me pee my pants so thank you.

i guess i should ask, out of all the nsx vs s2000 threads, which is the best enjoyable yet informative read? which one is your favorite? this is to save me time from reading all the threads to find the good stuff (i like the good stuff, snakes and sparklers) ...

haha! sorry guys. flame away! feels nice and warm in this cold weather lately! ahhh. those flying sharks and tanks almost made me pee my pants so thank you.

i guess i should ask, out of all the nsx vs s2000 threads, which is the best enjoyable yet informative read? which one is your favorite? this is to save me time from reading all the threads to find the good stuff (i like the good stuff, snakes and sparklers) ...

I think you should skim as many as possible and pick your favorites:wink:

Make an nsx vs the world.... Nsx will win. On a serious note stock nsx is way faster. My bro just comped his S2k running stock pully making about 7 psi i think and on a rolln start it can hang with my 02 till about 110 then nsx pulls. For the prick s2k is best bang for $. Throw a super charger on it and ur good to go. Eventually i want to go turbo, i miss the boost my FD had :(

Please make it stop:biggrin:

I am one of the ladies. :rolleyes: My stock '05 NSX is much faster than my stock '05 S2000. When taking off from a red light, they stick together until about 50 mph, when the S shifts into 3rd and the NSX just rockets away. The S2000 feels more predictable to me and stiffer, but I have driven approximately 142,000 miles in my S2000s (had a 2001 before the 2005) and only about 6,000 miles in my NSX, so naturally, I know the S better than the NSX. The threads have way more info, especially about track times.

I raced my NSX against my wife's S2k at local drag strip for fun... I half-tracked her every time... :wink:

DSC06432.jpg

well lets see, you see an S2000 everyday, 30-40 plus,, you see an NSX Maybe 1 a year,, 2 every Haileys Comet passing,, LOL,, going by rare status I would take the NSX anyday of the week,,, S2000 looks like a Fisher Price Power Wheels that kids drive,, you know the ones with the Plastic wheels for tires,, its a honda though but all the S2000 and Civic, Intergra, RSX, TSX, TL, RL, Prelude, CRV, Pilot, Passport, Accord, etc. all want the NSX,, there isnt enough to go around!! if you got one then your the MAN! and they know it. Stock or not, Did a Spirited drive Sunday,, and one of the other guys had a 350Z, HOOOOKKEEEDDD UPPPP and Me and another NSX could do circles around him,, his car was fish-tailing all over the place, NSX is tight on the Curves and so perfect for racing,, it can-Never compare to a S2000,, 200hp Stock,,,,OK.... OK.... with the AC running its got 189HP,,,,,yukk,, and its ugly as shit!!

Last edited:
Back