NSX vs Gallardo production volume

Personally i'd also say the Gallardo isn't pretty and that the R8 looks more finished although also not exactly to my taste.

Pagani's and Koeningseggs are way more than the gallardo so that don't count.
For the price tag of a Gallardo or Ferrari i'd rather build up a NSX (that will easily beat them)

Maybe it's me, but if I'm in the market for a Euro exotic I would rather have their highest end street legal version or nothing.

Nothing like making an "econo" exotic supercar like the F430 and below (I'm going to let the F458 slide since it delivers on performance and is ferrari's only good looking car 9one that doesn't look like a shoe due to the wrong engine placement) to cheapen the car's brand.

Pagani was asked if he can make a "low-end" pagani and he shared my thoughts.

Can't afford a "real' 12-banger Lambo? Go and save up $$$ and in the mean time, get a NSX, soup it up (there are some really bad ass mods these days) and/or a GT3 RS.

Maybe it's me, but if I'm in the market for a Euro exotic I would rather have their highest end street legal version or nothing.

Nothing like making an "econo" exotic supercar like the F430 and below (I'm going to let the F458 slide since it delivers on performance and is ferrari's only good looking car 9one that doesn't look like a shoe due to the wrong engine placement) to cheapen the car's brand.

Pagani was asked if he can make a "low-end" pagani and he shared my thoughts.

Can't afford a "real' 12-banger Lambo? Go and save up $$$ and in the mean time, get a NSX, soup it up (there are some really bad ass mods these days) and/or a GT3 RS.
I do share your view on if you can't afford your goal save up...

I see this daily with customers wanting to turn there GTST Skyline into a GTR just because they din't want to pay a little more for the real deal.
Or a regular 3, 6 & 5 series too M...

With certain cars like NSX's (in relation to S & R) that's logical you can't have the ultimate version but with more common cars i'd generally save up for the real deal.

Last week brought a sad sight when a 928 (my favorite Porsche) came by.
Sounded a bit rough looked rougher i thought nice project build, turned out the owner just spray painted it with a spray can, and ran natural gas to save on money but still wanted the Porsche even though the engine wasn't liking it.

Last edited:
I do share your view on if you can't afford your goal save up...

I see this daily with customers wanting to turn there GTST Skyline into a GTR just because they din't want to pay a little more for the real deal.
Or a regular 3, 6 & 5 series too M...

With certain cars like NSX's (in relation to S & R) that's logical you can't have the ultimate version but with more common cars i'd generally save up for the real deal.

Last week brought a sad sight when a 928 (my favorite Porsche) came by.
Sounded a bit rough looked rougher i thought nice project build, turned out the owner just spray painted it with a spray can, and ran natural gas to save on money but still wanted the Porsche even though the engine wasn't liking it.

gallardo is just a stepping stone car.

The Aventador is the goal.

Just look at it. Hear the sounds.

It's one of a handful of apex predator in performance and looks.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QzEcJecXJC4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QzEcJecXJC4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7HanKiq6r8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o7HanKiq6r8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

A master race of supercars. it evokes emotions.

Gallardo..... meh. I'm a little better than the P or NSX guy (hush dun tell anyone i bought it used - let's assume glorious stories of how loaded I am with the Running Bull key).

A photo of him just before he washes cars and redlines:

46008-mr_fantastic.jpg

Now a Pagini Zonda C12 makes ANY F-car or Lambo look like childrens toys.

I would give anything for that car.

its by far the sexiest beast out there and it will be timeless like the NSX one day. to bad it has Mercedes power plant. but I would still drive it. LOL

Mod5 Eng is that an offer LOL I would love to drive one for the weekend as long as it can keep up with the way I drive.
and not break down.

In my NSX

I redline it from stop sign to stop sign.

I red line it taking turns in the RAIN,

I redline while I wash it

And you speak from experience or speculation? For the record, I've owned my Gallardo just shy of 6 yrs. without a single problem. :smile:

Totally agree. I would take the Murci just for the V12 alone, or if I had to have the V10 platform, I'd choose the R8 as the styling is more complete.

The Gallardo doesn't sexually excite me that much when it's very name brand is paired up against it's bigger brother with the proper scissor doors, Pagani, Koeneggsegg.

There's just something unfinished with the gallardo's lines. I think the R8 looks more finished inside and out.

yeah I have had it 6 years and put 200 miles on it LOL

I am not bashing we are just having some fun.

I would take a Gallardo in a second if it was free.

Indeed if some one would walk in to my shop and donate a Gallardo i'd thank him dearly go to my office put it up for sale and do a 3.8l stroker.

Strangely i get that question asked a lot of times if i'd rather drive a Lamborghini or Ferrari, i have absolutely no desire what so ever to own a Ferrari or a Lamborghini.

Last edited:
how many miles have you done?

Just under 10k, and a handful of track days. As an NSX purist, since the early 90's, I too back the NSX and brag consistently about its status and place in the exotic car marketplace. I just don't get it when someone speculates and hates something, based off what he or she has heard or read. Not from first hand experience. It's so typical with any specific chassis forum. Ferrari guys talk down on the Lambo guys, Honda guys talk down on the Toyota guys etc.

I know its all fun and games. That's the beauty of this world, were all different in some way. What fun would it be, if we were all into the same thing?

I as well, would own/build a junk/salvaged titled and previously burned down NSX, if it were given to me for free. You're lucky man! Let me know when you get that free Gallardo, and we'll go cruise PCH. :biggrin:

Just under 10k, and a handful of track days. As an NSX purist, since the early 90's, I too back the NSX and brag consistently about its status and place in the exotic car marketplace. I just don't get it when someone speculates and hates something, based off what he or she has heard or read. Not from first hand experience. It's so typical with any specific chassis forum. Ferrari guys talk down on the Lambo guys, Honda guys talk down on the Toyota guys etc.

I know its all fun and games. That's the beauty of this world, were all different in some way. What fun would it be, if we were all into the same thing?

I as well, would own/build a junk/salvaged titled and previously burned down NSX, if it were given to me for free. You're lucky man! Let me know when you get that free Gallardo, and we'll go cruise PCH. :biggrin:
So you have put roughly speaking 1600 miles a year on the Lamborghini? and still pay $1.200 on servicing annually?

So you have put roughly speaking 1600 miles a year on the Lamborghini? and still pay $1.200 on servicing annually?

I pay 875 at Lamborghini Newport Beach for my annual services, which includes the oil change. Gotta pay to play. Although sometime a bit more expensive then the service costs on my NSX(s), I don't compare the two. Just like I don't question and compare the service costs on my NSX(s) versus my Wifes Acura TL, and why they cost more.

I'm sorry, but if i can't toss 100 miles on a weekend in my Supercharged NSX (or any car with supercar performance), I would be suffering the effects of withdrawal....

It's like crack cocaine for me.

My habit for power is so bad that my commute car has a $13k forged engine with another $10k in the blower and supporting mods making 550rwhp~ .......... and I'm not satisfied.

I want 700rwhp as a commute beast.

Nothing like ripping around and lighting up the tires (Dunlop Z1) to and from work.

Even my new truck will be getting a blower and supporting mods to ravage a stock NSX........

Last edited:
As a car guy, I plan to have own as many exotics as possible. You better believe I want to have owned a Zonda, Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, McLaren, etc.

Some NSX people may look down their noses at a Gallardo (or even other marques), but they all should look at themselves in the mirror. The NSX is an entry level exotic. To have an opportunity to sample other highly rated exotics (regardless where in the manufacturer lineup they reside) considered higher in the pecking order gives you the ability to understand your NSX better. It also may just widen your perspective on sports car motoring in general.

As a car guy, I plan to have own as many exotics as possible. You better believe I want to have owned a Zonda, Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston, McLaren, etc.

Some NSX people may look down their noses at a Gallardo (or even other marques), but they all should look at themselves in the mirror. The NSX is an entry level exotic. To have an opportunity to sample other highly rated exotics (regardless where in the manufacturer lineup they reside) considered higher in the pecking order gives you the ability to understand your NSX better. It also may just widen your perspective on sports car motoring in general.

yea....but can you(the average Joe) drive a rear ended gallardo/ferrari cross country,remove its engine/drivetrain transplant it into an oven roasted gallardo/ferrari in your driveway....and have it start?????? I rest my case....:tongue:

yea....but can you(the average Joe) drive a rear ended gallardo/ferrari cross country,remove its engine/drivetrain transplant it into an oven roasted gallardo/ferrari in your driveway....and have it start?????? I rest my case....:tongue:

Well played docjohn, well played!

I am sure I could, but what would that prove? :confused:

Where was the topic changed to ones capabilities?

Last edited:
I am sure I could, but what would that prove? :confused:

Where was the topic changed to ones capabilities?

ahhh you are not seeing the humor in my post referencing a certain intrepid nsx fan named shawn who has done just that.But yes To your point my post is frivolous and just a distraction from the topic at hand:redface: I'm good at that.

Well Ill come out and absolutely state that I *love* the Gallardo *and* the F430 (I *really* love Ferrari)

Finances are all that keeps me from owning one, honestly. :D And I dont put any real miles on my NSX's either, I just dont believe in neglecting cars, cant do my own wrenching at a level that would be comfortable with an exotic, and know what these cars cost to run.

Ive had 3 NSXs, a modern Corvette and a 911 and all of these have been comfortable driving anywhere from 500 - 12,000 mi / year and owning anywhere from 2 - 5 years. The Gallardo and the Ferraris (ESPECIALLY my beloved F355), I have too many close friends who own them and have shown me their bills ;) And I know where they are in relation to me income wise (which is well north)

Of course people like to stretch things insanely (thats the American way!), but I try not to do that any worse than I already do (which IMO is *already* too much)

I see people say "can I afford Lambo/Ferrari/etc on $75k/year!?" and I see people say "ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Im left sort of puzzled. When I was making double that I didnt feel anywhere near able to afford those cars and I still dont today. Most of my friends who own Lambos and Ferraris are well north of $400K/yr. Id say a demographic study would show that is not an anomaly and is rather the norm. That aint b/c they're cheap to run :)

Last edited:
I wouldnt drive an Audi either junk in my book. they look nice just like all the other SHEEP cars driving the roads today.

Are you sure you would still feel confident making a statement after driving my modded RS6???:confused:

Back