NSX vs F458

Well.....Twice really....GT40 :cool:

If that's the same ZR1 they used in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZibVbzXSxY0&feature=player_embedded

It has like a Michelin PS2 on it, where most of the cars they run have something more like a sport cup....so traction may be an issue more than it should.

Also, I heard BestMotoring wasn't completely putting a fork in it....it was just not determined when they might be back.

I knew someone would catch that! But I decided to not consider the GT40 "modern" so maybe Id get away with it ;)

I REALLY hope BM doesnt go away. Such a great show. I even enjoy watching it without knowing what the hell they're saying! :D

Well.....Twice really....GT40 :cool:

If that's the same ZR1 they used in this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZibVbzXSxY0&feature=player_embedded

It has like a Michelin PS2 on it, where most of the cars they run have something more like a sport cup....so traction may be an issue more than it should.

Also, I heard BestMotoring wasn't completely putting a fork in it....it was just not determined when they might be back.

Saw that one earlier today. As much as i dont like the GTR......that car is a monster!

I would be willing to bet, NO. :smile:
The 458 got 492 whp & 352 ft-lbs on a Dynojet and weighs 3400 lbs. Similar power to weight, but he has a dual clutch transmission and probably better gearing.
They ran 10.9 sec @ 132.5mph in that thing. You think you're close to that?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MhOU9uOtAWI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
That 458 is a monster!! I just love the look of Dori Dori's pearl white NSX tho!
BTW is it just me or the ZR1 driver wasnt pushing the car??

He wasn't even trying. They do this often on this show. NSX-R always take an early lead, and everyone else takes it easy. They only overtake because no one would believe it if they let the NSX-R win.

458 is def a beast.

Did anyone notice how boring it was in the ZR1 compared to rest of the cars? LOL

Bat do you have a stock bottom end that you're running 13 psi on?

After my run in a 458 on the track, my instructor said I would rather have your car (NSX) in all honesty.

Maybe he was being hyperbolic but that's respect.

think my NSX can run 11 even @ mid 120's?

How far away would he be?

Assuming 11.0 @ 125mph vs 10.9 @ 132.5mph he would be ~1 car length ahead and pulling on you at a rate of 7.5mph (11 feet per second).
So every 1.5 seconds there afterwards he'll put another car length on you.
Better get the NAWWWZSS ASAP.
PRI_NOS.jpg

The NSX-R was the last evolution of a car designed in the 80ies. It's highly regarded. But I would never compare it to todays high-hp race cars, the difference is much too obvious. What about if they've added a Porsche 997? It would have been 4th or 5th also.

But you still can have fun with it. AND I won't be able to drive on my roads faster, I mean legally and safely.

Last edited:
Sorry for kicking this thread back up, but I'm not one to make a second NSX vs F458 thread so here goes:

Over the weekend my friend let me drive her F458 with a Speciale tune.

Compared to my 450rwhp SOS SC NSX I couldn't tell which car was faster or slower (I ripped on it to redline a few times).

F458 is noticeable wider (in and out). As I got back in the NSX I really appreciated the way the car wrapped around me and felt that it's forward visibility was better than the F458.

F458 interior (like most F cars) smelled great, but there was just something that felt lacking for the price. Not the materials, but how it was laid out. For me Lambos interior are more like the NSX with the center console continuing down from the dash. F cars has this open center section that felt as if bench seats might have been an option if you catch my drift.

In auto mode the F458 was screaming when it was downshifting on it's own. Really intoxicating.

Back