NSX, Viper, or Cobra?

955493_1.jpg

Noble M12GTO3R

or even better

Noble M15

_M15_060_230.jpg

video

The RPM needle turns color from blue to red when you get close to redline! 0-60 in 3.5 sec. This new M15 takes Noble one giant leap away from "kit car".

I'd say Viper, since I'm debating getting a Viper GTS...not that i need another car. :tongue:

I went the viper route. And contrary to what alot of people here say, you CAN get a dodge warranty on it. I got a low mileage '97 GTS (8K on odo) coupe (blue with white stripes) for $47K and bought a dodge max care warranty sepereately. One hell of a fun ride.

Have you thought of a GT40 kit car? Im not quite sure about the price of one but there pretty cool little cars. If I were to buy a cobra id build it myself because thats half the fun if your into that. But all in all the viper is what Id pick.

Edit: Nice car I didnt see you already made up your mind

ISONSX said:
I came to my senses at the last minute. After doing some research and really sleeping on this, I came back full circle to the NSX. The Viper's power /torque is incredible but I am just so sold on Hondas. I bought a '97 spa pearl yellow pearl with 30K miles. I'm picking it up in Phoenix tomorrow and drivng it back 1,100 miles this weekend. The car has 18/19 HRE 545 full polished wheels, new tires, and a relatively new Comptech exhaust. Jury is still out on daily driver vs. weekend garage queen. Mark Basch did the PPI right befre he headed to NSXPO for me.

The funds were wired just now so I'm officially back in the NSX game! Here's a picture:
Congrats! Wish I was there to have a drink with you.

Another NSXer is coming though town next week with a replacement NSX. Can't wait to sit down and toast that once-again NSX owner as well. :D

Last edited:
I think you make a great choice on the NSX, but if you are looking for raw power, I think you need to consider the LoveFab kit over the CTSC. The CTSC is a great kit, but it won't give you that feeling of accelleration you are looking for. It just doesn't have enough TQ. The Turbo on the other hand will wow you!

Of course, if you want to keep the car reliable, go I/H/E DONE.

How do you like the 97 compared to 95?

Ski_Banker said:
Welcome back! :smile:

Out of curiousity, were there "don't sell it, you'll regret it and buy another one" threads before you sold #2? :tongue:

No, never heard of such crazy talk before I sold #2! :biggrin:

I think I just posted such a phrase in another post the other day.

SPINNER - I was looking a the Vipers pretty hard and would love to have had the exact car you found. As I'm sure you are well aware of, the blue / white stripes is THE most desirable color and was only made for two years (96 & 97 if I remember correctly). Great find. Enjoy the trememdous torque this car has.

ISONSX said:
I came to my senses at the last minute. After doing some research and really sleeping on this, I came back full circle to the NSX. The Viper's power /torque is incredible but I am just so sold on Hondas. I bought a '97 spa pearl yellow pearl with 30K miles. I'm picking it up in Phoenix tomorrow and drivng it back 1,100 miles this weekend. The car has 18/19 HRE 545 full polished wheels, new tires, and a relatively new Comptech exhaust. Jury is still out on daily driver vs. weekend garage queen. Mark Basch did the PPI right befre he headed to NSXPO for me.

The funds were wired just now so I'm officially back in the NSX game! Here's a picture:

So you went with the supermodel after all? That's probably a good thing, the nasty ones usually end up in the clinic sooner or later...

The metaphore that just won't stop...

Congrats! I have always thought that the yellow is stunning!

Philip

NetViper said:
I think you make a great choice on the NSX, but if you are looking for raw power, I think you need to consider the LoveFab kit over the CTSC. The CTSC is a great kit, but it won't give you that feeling of accelleration you are looking for. It just doesn't have enough TQ. The Turbo on the other hand will wow you!

Of course, if you want to keep the car reliable, go I/H/E DONE.

How do you like the 97 compared to 95?

This '97 has comptech exhaust (the E in the traditional I/H/E). My last '95 had all three Comptech I/H/E, so there is probably less than 20 horsepower difference between these two cars. I would say it's a bit notible but I wouldn't represent that the 3.2 liter is going to be a tremendous differential. The six speed is nice since it eliminates some of the long first-second gear issues in the 5 speeds that I didn't really care for (of course, the short gears solve that problem). My first quick impressions after owning a '92 (3.0 liter 5 speed), a '95-T, and now the '97 with a 3.2 liter and 6 speed is that the NSX is the best car out there irrespective of what year you choose. I highly recommend NSX ownership over all else. Also, my wife made me promise to keep this one for a minimum of 4 years! She's tired of my "grass is greener over there" view and always coming back to the NSX.

Back