NSX-T vs Jeep SRT8

Hey Guys,

I am still enjoying my black 2001 NSX-T....BUT I just bought a new 2006 Jeep SRT8. Incredibly fast!!!! any thoughts on it vs the NSX?

thanks,
Jeet

drjeetpateldds said:
Hey Guys,

I am still enjoying my black 2001 NSX-T....BUT I just bought a new 2006 Jeep SRT8. Incredibly fast!!!! any thoughts on it vs the NSX?

thanks,
Jeet

Guess it is somewhat depressing that SUV's now have similar acceleration to NSX's. Yes we can argue that the NSX is not the hp monster was not built for it etc and I do still love driving mine over many cars with more hp hence the ownership.

as for your original statement 0-60 close probably drivers race, 1/4 to the NSX however after going through some turns the NSX will come out on top. Even if the NSX was slower I would still rather have that over the jeep. Nice looking SUV though, guess its giving the cayenne a run for its money in the fast SUV line. How come no one remebers the typhoon though that thing hauled but back in the 90's and that was an SUV.

Edit: I should say after the first turn, not many :)

Last edited:
clr1024 said:
How come no one remebers the typhoon though that thing hauled but back in the 90's and that was an SUV.
I vividly remember what the back of a Typhoon looks like, as I got a really good look at one while he smoked me in my wife's (then girlfriend's) V8 Trans Am. No we didn't live in a trailer park.

What are you asking about vis a vis the NSX? I think the SRT8 is awesome. Wish they'd made a mini-van version! Anyway, yeah, its fast, it's practical in that it can haul more than @$$, but what are you looking for us to conversate about?

I had one chasing me a while ago so I stepped it up a bit and he kept up well. He tried to pass, but couldn't, it was fairly even on a long straight from 20-60... then we hit the on ramp and I thought I would bury him, but he did keep up fairly well... although there was some serious tire screeching I was hearing from his car... I thought he was a bit nuts... he was really pushing it to keep up.

We hit the highway and he still couldn't out accelerate me, nor could I really pull that much on him... I slowed down at about 75-80 because I don't like street racing and he finaly blew past. I was impressed with the thing...

I later drove one. Its quick... but its definitely a truck. And a pig on natural resources if you ask me. :)

Anyway this is with no supercharger on my car.

TURBO2GO said:
I had one chasing me a while ago so I stepped it up a bit and he kept up well. He tried to pass, but couldn't, it was fairly even on a long straight from 20-60... then we hit the on ramp and I thought I would bury him, but he did keep up fairly well... although there was some serious tire screeching I was hearing from his car... I thought he was a bit nuts... he was really pushing it to keep up.

We hit the highway and he still couldn't out accelerate me, nor could I really pull that much on him... I slowed down at about 75-80 because I don't like street racing and he finaly blew past. I was impressed with the thing...

I later drove one. Its quick... but its definitely a truck. And a pig on natural resources if you ask me. :)

Anyway this is with no supercharger on my car.

There was a post on this vehicle in the car talk section with the poster stating that the SRT8 jeep was just embarrasing an NSX. I was pretty sure he was referring to the NA1 , thanks for confirming that theory.

Searchin4acoupe said:
I vividly remember what the back of a Typhoon looks like, as I got a really good look at one while he smoked me in my wife's (then girlfriend's) V8 Trans Am. No we didn't live in a trailer park.

Haaa.....The same thing happened to me back in the early 90's. I was in my 300ZX TT when I saw a Syclone coming up behind me. I knew those things were fast as stink, but I didn't expect it to walk away from me. I'd love to pick up either a Typhoon or Syclone to go out and beat up on a few newer high hp cars. :biggrin:

DocL said:
Haaa.....The same thing happened to me back in the early 90's. I was in my 300ZX TT when I saw a Syclone coming up behind me. I knew those things were fast as stink, but I didn't expect it to walk away from me. I'd love to pick up either a Typhoon or Syclone to go out and beat up on a few newer high hp cars. :biggrin:

Yes they were great sleepers, if you weren't familiar with the slight cosmetic differences between the blazer and S10, which most people weren't. However like most american cars of that era(..and some today) the interiors were horrible!

DocL said:

I think Motor Trend had an article back in the day and it had a Syclone dusting a Testarossa:wink: My friend just sold his Typhoon for an ass-load of money. This things still have a huge collector following.

drjeetpateldds said:
Hey Guys,

thanks,
Jeet

Who needs an SUV to go fast? Its a pointless section of the car industry if you really think about it right along with luxury sports coupes, Car industry oxy-morons. Either buy a spots car, a Luxury sedan, or a SUV for hauling Stuff, all the others segmenets are the doings of great marketing, fads, and mid-life crisses. Should be illegal to build a SUV that even goes over 100mph in all honesty.

Funny thing, any one posts about street racing on here and everyone jumps in posting about deaths and dangers, How about a monstorus 5000lbs Flying down the freeway at 100mph now that is actually responsible for more deaths than drunk-driving and street racing combined.

Im not aginst SUVs I drive one but is there really a reason to be any faster than a sedan?

TURBO2GO said:

I later drove one. Its quick... but its definitely a truck.

The fact that he was even able to keep up at all means you were driving like a sissy. :biggrin:

What kind of mpg do you get?
It is listed at 12 city 15 highway.Is this accurate?
The Kid said:
I think Motor Trend had an article back in the day and it had a Syclone dusting a Testarossa:wink: My friend just sold his Typhoon for an ass-load of money. This things still have a huge collector following.
I have a friend who has one with 36000 miles on it.He is just savng it.They are awesome.

Hugh said:
The fact that he was even able to keep up at all means you were driving like a sissy. :biggrin:

yeah... probably... I am ashamed of myself

Deltron Zero said:
That sucker still isn't on there?! How do you let it just sit there!? You've got some serious self control!

I am trying to fully document my 1-2 shift notchiness when cold. If I lose a synchro, what do you think Acura is going to blame? The supercharger of course! :rolleyes:

It will be on soon Deltron... soon... I feel the dust clouds gathering....

TURBO2GO said:
I am trying to fully document my 1-2 shift notchiness when cold. If I lose a synchro, what do you think Acura is going to blame? The supercharger of course!

I was under the impression that the Comptech supercharger does not affect the car's warranty. Is that incorrect?

Hugh said:
I was under the impression that the Comptech supercharger does not affect the car's warranty. Is that incorrect?

Hugh there is nothing special about the Comptech supercharger that would do this. The law is that when any modification is made to the car, the manufacturer or dealer has to prove that an in-warranty item failed BECAUSE of that modification.

You can see how they can make the connection of the synchro to the 100 extra wheel horsepower... just documenting the problem BEFORE hand. This is the kind of thing you learn when you are old like me after you have done the wrong thing 10 times when you are young. :biggrin:

The Kid said:

I have that magazine at home and it was a 348 that it dusted. I'll never forget the line.........

"By the time the Ferrari shifts into second he looking at tailgate, and it's getting smaller" :):):)

The interior is horrible though, I testdrove one back in the day and didn't buy it purely because of the inside.

You want another good race, pick a fight with a Ram SRT10. One went at it with me the other day. Very close until we got some wind in our face. The big truck can't push all that air and still keep up it's velocity. Still impressive.

jadkar said:
I have that magazine at home and it was a 348 that it dusted. I'll never forget the line..........

Johnny,

Give me a little credit, I was 10 when that article came out.:biggrin:

It seems like the comparisons on this board are getting more moronic every day.

AndyNSX said:
It seems like the comparisons on this board are getting more moronic every day.

True Dat:biggrin: I started a thread about this a while back titled, "NSX vs a Cheetah":biggrin: I can understand NSX vs 355, 911, Vette, Esprit, Gallardo, yada, yada, yada but this is getting crazy. SRT-8 and NSX have 0 in common other than they are both fast cars and have 4 wheels.

Back