nsx-t pricing?

NsXMas said:
interpretation: I only care to have the NSX for posing. Who cares about performance?

Those Zanardi edition floor mats you've got must save, like 4 pounds. Everyone knows red is lighter than black. :cool:

RyRy210 said:
This statement bothers me a little. Seems like you are about to blow 100% of your income on this car, plus what you have in terms of your other assets/personal possesions.

Okay, I was trying to be on your side until I read this one. I'm assuming you're talking about a $250 weekly paycheck. I'm sorry, but nobody on $1000/month of total income should even think about buying an NSX.

What exactly are you selling to get the rest of your money?

***MUST READ***

Rant on: :mad:

It's not in any of our (owners) interest to *dog* potential buyers, from an economics standpoint.

More importantly, we aren't this kid's PARENTS. A car, ANY CAR, is a waste of money. But I think, when Noobs are contemplating an NSX - it really isn't 1) in our best interest (to decrease the market size) or 2) our responsibility, to present negative opinions. Stick with the FACTS. FACTS. Not your opinion on if a young person should stretch to by his dream car, etc. An early 90's will cost high $20's. A T is generally slower/less rigid, except after '97 (rigidity debateable then). Etc. Etc. FACTS. How we each decide to allocate our wealth is such a personal decision, it can't be debated. To some, $100k in the bank is enough for the F-car. To others, you "need" millions. It's all personal and nobody is "wrong."

If someone asks for our opinion on "what would YOU do with $30k, buy an NSX or go to college?" then have at it. But if they just want to know the all-in ownership costs, positive/negative attributes - we owe it to the person to be honest and not present our biased opinions on what we would do in such a situation.

Rant off. :smile:

slashmatt said:
Okay, I was trying to be on your side until I read this one. I'm assuming you're talking about a $250 weekly paycheck. I'm sorry, but nobody on $1000/month of total income should even think about buying an NSX.

What exactly are you selling to get the rest of your money?

i made around 3g's a month, but keep in mind that i still live with my parents, so i spend $500 a month on clothing, gas and going out the most. and i can save the rest, since i don't have any bills to pay. plus i am going to cash out my car, so there is no payment every month.

topgearnsx said:
i made around 3g's a month, but keep in mind that i still live with my parents, so i spend $500 a month on clothing, gas and going out the most. and i can save the rest, since i don't have any bills to pay. plus i am going to cash out my car, so there is no payment every month.

Buddy, good job on saving that much while still in high school. If you want an NSX, just make sure you know what you're getting into (all you need to know is here on Prime/Search/FAQ) financially. Only you and your parents know the details...

Best of luck - I know the feeling. Probably 90% of the Prime members do too, they're just older.

i took some pictures of my black 3000gt today and put it online for sale. as i was taken some pictures out on the country side, i ran up to my old friend and his brother. He used to own an 94 NSX, it was like an dark green color. but he sold it back in 98. he was driving a brand new 2006 jeep, and he wants to race me:biggrin: i was like... are you sure? i know my N/Z 3000GT is not fast, but i can take a SUV no problem. so we line up side by side and race, we took off at the same time, then he got in front of me some how and pulling away from me, like my car was not even moving.... and that shit sound like a viper, yea,, you guessed it, i got smoked, big time lol:tongue:

we pull over and i check out what was under his hood, it was a SRT-8 6.1L Grand Cherokee 420 hp. damn... i was just laughing at myself.

here are some pictures, it's hard it let my baby go, it's only worthy, because i am getting an nsx:biggrin: Enjoy:

DSC03333.jpg

DSC03327.jpg

DSC03318.jpg

DSC03316.jpg

DSC03313.jpg

DSC03311.jpg

DSC03307.jpg

DSC03305.jpg

DSC03301.jpg

Ski_Banker said:
***MUST READ***

How we each decide to allocate our wealth is such a personal decision, it can't be debated. To some, $100k in the bank is enough for the F-car. To others, you "need" millions. It's all personal and nobody is "wrong."

i agreed, to some, it's education>money>a roof>woman>car, to me is: car>money>education>house...... who needs a woman? all i need is a house with 5 car garage, a bedroom and maybe a bathroom.:biggrin:

if you hold a car and money over education - you're gonna end up with no car or money someday.

good luck kid - you're gonna need it if that's literal.

To TOPGEAR NSX

I too am in the market for a 95/96 Black/Tan in the 35K price range. There aren’t to many cars of this vintage and price available, at least not in So. Cal. I hope you do not live in CA, otherwise when such a vehicle becomes available, may the best man (or kid) win! The kid I'm speaking of is me since I'm 55 going on 18.

Good Luck,

mcano

mcano said:
To TOPGEAR NSX

I too am in the market for a 95/96 Black/Tan in the 35K price range. There aren’t to many cars of this vintage and price available, at least not in So. Cal. I hope you do not live in CA, otherwise when such a vehicle becomes available, may the best man (or kid) win! The kid I'm speaking of is me since I'm 55 going on 18.

Good Luck,

mcano

That's too funny. Just be sure to use "PM" when collaborating! Good luck to you both. :smile:

mcano said:
To TOPGEAR NSX

I too am in the market for a 95/96 Black/Tan in the 35K price range. I'm 55 going on 18.

Good Luck,

mcano

here's us 18 years later with the same car at the same age:biggrin: :biggrin: cheers!!!

DSC04751.jpg

topgearnsx said:
i made around 3g's a month

I would love to know what you do at 17 to make 3g's a month please. I guess I was in the wrong business at that age then.

schuey1010 said:
I would love to know what you do at 17 to make 3g's a month please. I guess I was in the wrong business at that age then.

It is only 36K a year... But a lot for a 17yr old with (obviously) no qualifications! So I wonder if that is gross or net...?

topgearnsx said:
here's us 18 years later with the same car at the same age:biggrin: :biggrin: cheers!!!

DSC04751.jpg

Yes that looks about right, and that's my NSX is in the background and in the lead!

Good Luck!

mcano

AU_NSX said:
I always find peoples choices interesting...

95-96 NSX-T has the worst power/weight ratio and therefore the slowest NSX ever produced.

Consequently, the NSX-T became the best seller in the US...

It's like the Porsche Carrera 4 was also the heaviest and slowest Porsche in the 911 line up yet it sold the most models!

As the famed detective Harry Hoo would say...

"Amazing"

If you think about it, not that amazing. The 91 and 92 sold well until the bottom fell out of the economy and high end car market. The NSX got a needed boost in interest (and hence sales) when the T came out for 95. Your point of view would make sense had there been a NA2 on the market and still had more people choosing the NA1 in 95, but that is not the case. The reason the 97 did not see a huge swell in sales was that on paper it was 20HP and people did not realize all the other changes that went with it, and by that time the C5 Vette had been released with 350HP for half the cost. Some people only look at those stats when judging a car's value.

rickysals said:
if you hold a car and money over education - you're gonna end up with no car or money someday.

good luck kid - you're gonna need it if that's literal.

Let's be careful with that generalization.
Education is not everything. I, for one, was the victim of outside cirumstances that led to me not even completing high school, but I have worked hard and been blessed. I do not know if I would change anything if I were able to go back and do it again. I guess it helps that I am fairly intelligent by the standards our society judges our brainpower on, which I can not say I completely agree with, although I do consider myself to be above average.
PS-I did get my super-neato GED to hang proudly beside my wife's masters degree:biggrin: If I had known that test was going to be so easy I would have taken it in the eighth grade and just have used high school as a social hangout:wink: )

i have a question, since finding a 95, 96 nsxt with tan interior is so hard, i am thinking about getting whatever interior is avail. because, most likely i will get the seat redone in the shop anyway. i just need to know what other parts in the car is also tan? i know the seat, the center console, and the carpet, the trim behind the seat(how big is that and is that leather?)

would it look ugly if the carpet is black and the seat and other leather part is tan? can somebody that hav e a tan interior snap a few shots of all the parts in the car with tan colored?

i would also love to see if somebody can photoshop a tan interior with black carpet. thanks:biggrin:

topgearnsx said:
since finding a 95, 96 nsxt with tan interior is so hard, i am thinking about getting whatever interior is avail. because, most likely i will get the seat redone in the shop anyway.
There are plenty of NSXs with tan interior (487, or 38 percent of the 1285 '95-96 NSX-Ts). I think you're just needlessly creating a lot of problems for yourself. If you really want one with tan interior, just find one with tan interior. Keep looking; you'll find one. And there's no need to redo the seat anyway, if you find one in decent shape.

topgearnsx said:
i just need to know what other parts in the car is also tan?
Go to an online parts vendor, like Delray Acura, and look up the parts for the interior. You will see each of the appropriate parts listed in two colors, black or tan.

topgearnsx said:
is that leather?
Go to the NSX FAQ and in the General Info area, you'll find a section called "Leather or Vinyl?".

Back