nsx-t pricing?

Not a good idea and I would highly advise against that. You can control how you drive to a certain point, but, however, you cannot control the actions of other people on the road - no matter how good of a driver you are. And since you are only 17 going on 18 I assume you have at most two years experience under your belt. I have full coverage for both my cars, my NSX and my beater Honda Accord. And I will have full coverage on any car I purchase in the future.

When you are young you have the tendency to think that you are invulnerable and have more control of situations than you actually have (ask me how I know:rolleyes: ), as you grow older reality sets in... or kicks you square in the @ss.

You are real stupid if you do not get insurance. Yeah drive your car on the weekend without insurance and see if you dont get some guy to hit you from behind. Most car accidents happen 1mile from where you live. Look at statistics kid.

topgearnsx said:
i am thinking not to buy insurance for my car, or at least not right after i buy it, since i am only going to drive it once or twice a week.
So if someone steals your car, you won't care that it's gone and you have nothing in return.

And if someone hits your car with theirs and they sue you for the damage to their car and for their injuries ("pain and suffering", too), you won't care that you may lose everything you own.

And if someone hits your car and drives away, so you find that your car is no longer drivable, you won't care that you'll have to pay to get it fixed.

I guess you're not learning much in that school you go to...

DV8 said:
Not a good idea and I would highly advise against that. You can control how you drive to a certain point, but, however, you cannot control the actions of other people on the road - no matter how good of a driver you are. And since you are only 17 going on 18 I assume you have at most two years experience under your belt. I have full coverage for both my cars, my NSX and my beater Honda Accord. And I will have full coverage on any car I purchase in the future.

When you are young you have the tendency to think that you are invulnerable and have more control of situations than you actually have (ask me how I know:rolleyes: ), as you grow older reality sets in... or kicks you square in the @ss.

alright, alright... i will get the insurance, i got a qoute from esurance.com, it is 6 months for $540 Liability Coverages. i think that's really not too bad.

nsxtasy said:
So if someone steals your car, you won't care that it's gone and you have nothing in return.

And if someone hits your car with theirs and they sue you for the damage to their car and for their injuries ("pain and suffering", too), you won't care that you may lose everything you own.

And if someone hits your car and drives away, so you find that your car is no longer drivable, you won't care that you'll have to pay to get it fixed.

I guess you're not learning much in that school you go to...

I agree!!!

NsXMas said:
interpretation: I only care to have the NSX for posing. Who cares about performance?

interpretation: I can't really afford an NSX, so maybe I'll be a poseur.

lol, i love this guy!!:cool:

RyRy210 said:
My recommendation is to go to college, get a good job, be successful, buy a house, and then get the NSX of your dreams.

......nah, I JUSTWANT TO OWN A NSX.... T TOP.... NOW!!..:biggrin:

topgearnsx said:
my parents are rich, but there are chinese(if you know what that mean), they never buy you anything.

I cannot disagree more. My parents paid my way through college and medical school. The total adds up to more than a Ferrari. Good investment for education. I know many more Chinese parents who do not hesitate a second to pay for their children's education. On the other hand, I believe your parents have great wisdom in not buying you a NSX at 17!

Yesterday, I was tempted to write a reply saying "lay off the kid, he's hard working...". After reading his post saying he may go without insurance, I realized he is on here to get some attention, which he has been successful at doing.

No one seriously considers buying a $38K+/- car (remember he was a NSX-T) and not spending the $1200-$2000 to get insurance. If I am wrong and this kid was/is serious in this consideration, then he is an something worse then a poseur.

To the kid who started this thread, put down your play-station, go buy something and then send us a picture and a copy of your insurance card.

topgearnsx said:
sorry, my parents does not give me a penny. every cent i own is mine. i work for some lady at her restuarant since i was 12, and i paid off all my cars with cash. so please don't said i am a spoiled kids. my parents are rich, but there are chinese(if you know what that mean), they never buy you anything.

i am keeping the 04 mustang to go to work and school, my nsx is going to be friday and sat. car.
May I suggest you learn to spell better?

As a Chinese kid you disgrace your heritage.

English is not my native language, and my parents came to the US with $10 in their pockets. We worked our butts off to get to where we are today.

My English skills and priorities when I was 17/18 is 100 times better than yours at the same age. The kids in my family were in the top 10 in high school, and we didn't focus on cars until after we graduated.

I might be a bit traditional and dated, but if I had a son like you I would take away all of your cars and make you ride the bus, or drive a mini-van. Until you proved your ambition in school and other important matters in life, you'd be sucking in my house.

Take it what you will, but you need a lot of growing up to do.

NsXMas said:
May I suggest you learn to spell better?

:redface: i know my spelling is horrible, i am still working on it. i only came to the US for 4 years, and i didn't learn any english over there. hope you can understand that.

i know there's not a lot of people bought their nsx when they were 17, and i know a kid at my age shouldn't own a car like this. But i am just so obsessed with cars, i can't help it:rolleyes:

i would like to know how old you guys were when you first bought your nsx?

To the kid who started this thread, put down your play-station, go buy something and then send us a picture and a copy of your insurance card.[/QUOTE]

I hate when people call me kid!! and sorry, i never own a play station in my life, or xbox or anykind of game system, well.. i had a gameboy when i was like ten. i am just so into cars ever since i was a little kid.

i snapped a few pictures of all my cars today, my mustang and gto are very dirty(only outside). But all my cars interior look new, because i always detailed them atleast once a month.

DSC03064-1.jpg

DSC03291.jpg

DSC03292.jpg

DSC03293.jpg

lol, i couldn't find the other car cover for my gto, so i just grab what every i see in my garage and put over it. I live in ca merced, it gets really hot in the summer, the last two day was like 112F, i came home yesterday from work and i saw a flat tire in the rear of my gto. i remembered there were some deep cut on that tire, it's probably too hot and it cracked. those were michelin pilot tire, cost like $250 a piece. there goes my pay check.... :(

Last edited:
i found two nsx that i wanted at autoextra.com today. the first one is a 1996 nsxt, 49k miles black leather, Brembo's front, Comtech exhaust, new tires, valve adjustment, dealer serviced for $39000 and a 95 black nsxt with 69k miles, for $36k. i am sure i can talk the price down for at least 1 or 2 g's. since i am going to pay cash up front. both car are within my price range, but i perfer the one with lower mileage and all the service had been done. so there is nothing i need to worry about. what you guys think about the price? they are both private seller. i am going to call them and ask for more pictures, i'll post them up later on.

Yeah, pricing sounds good, the 96 has 3k to 5k in upgrades depending on quality 3rd party rims added. If it has Brembo's on the front then most likely has larger rims and possible suspension changes/lowered. Might have some track history of course so keep that in mind due to brembo's on front. As far as the dropping the price 2k, maybe but from from the sellers perspective he's getting paid cash in full either way so I don't know if that's a incentive to him to drop the price. Also check the FAQ on prepurchase inspection advice of course.

NSX-GUY said:
The first black car's a GTO ???

Nope, it's a 3000GT here in the USA. In Japan they call it a GTO.

I do have a question for topgearnsx. Where do your parents keep their cars? It looks like you have half of the garage and the entire driveway filled up with your cars. Unless, your car is the older Mitsu and you mom and dad drive the other two newer cars.

Last edited:
NSX-GUY said:
The first black car's a GTO ???

no, the black one is just the 3000gt base, that's my friday night car. The blue one is the gto. yes, they called it 3000gt vr4 in the US. In japan, they called it the GTO, but i had swap a new gto motor in there few months ago import from japan, that's why i call the gto. there's only 25k miles on that engine, still under warranty!

ibDursty said:
If it has Brembo's on the front then most likely has larger rims and possible suspension changes/lowered. Might have some track history of course so keep that in mind due to brembo's on front.
Not necessarily. Some people mention Brembos (Brembo is a manufacturer of brake systems and parts) when they are referring to "big brake kits" which replace the stock calipers with aftermarket ones, while others are simply referring to Brembo brand rotors which are really no different from the stock ones and would not need larger rims or suspension changes.

Your right, I looked it up and has stock wheels so probably just brembo rotors.. unless it's the brembo Indy kit ;) I think those might fit under the stock 16" rims with spacers.

topgearnsx said:
no, the black one is just the 3000gt base, that's my friday night car. The blue one is the gto. yes, they called it 3000gt vr4 in the US. In japan, they called it the GTO, but i had swap a new gto motor in there few months ago import from japan, that's why i call the gto. there's only 25k miles on that engine, still under warranty!

Having a GTO engine in your 3000GT does not make it a GTO. I know a lot about 3000GTs having owned a couple, and visited Japan in the past to check out its JDM counterpart.

There really isn't that big of a difference between a JDM engine and a USDM. Hope you got a good deal on it.

6182216-e280-028001E0-.jpg

6195812-3def-02000180-.jpg

Sorry for going a little off topic, but now to get back on topic, I traded my 3000GT VR-4 for a 1995 NSX-T. Eventhough the VR4 had a lot more power (due to mods), the NSX was definitely the better car, no comparison. It just made me realize that the NSX should have been my choice to begin with. The cost of the new VR-4 plus the money I poured in could have easily put me in an NSX. I don't know what I was thinking!

Last edited:
topgearnsx said:
michelin pilot tire, cost like $250 a piece. there goes my pay check.... :(

This statement bothers me a little. Seems like you are about to blow 100% of your income on this car, plus what you have in terms of your other assets/personal possesions.

RyRy210 said:
This statement bothers me a little. Seems like you are about to blow 100% of your income on this car, plus what you have in terms of your other assets/personal possesions.

lol, no i was just pissed off. back to the topic, i called up those two guy selling the car, the 96 one was sold last week, and the other one didn't pick up the phone.

i think i have to look for a while since these cars are so rare, and i do not just want to buy any NSX. it has to be black, either 95 or 96, t-top(97+ are too much) tan leather interior, mint condition, manual tranny and within my price range, under $40k. there were only 96 cars produce the model that i wanted, and to find one still in good shape, i think i need some luck........:rolleyes:

The NSX is just about the last car anyone who cares about how much he's spending for tires should consider... ;)

Back