NSX shortage at peak levels

I think the rule applies to all Na2's ... I haven't seen a 97 for sale in a long time on Ebay ... that's why I don't sell mine, yeah, get the $$ but then, try to get another Na2 would be a mission ..

Oscar

I think the rule applies to all Na2's ... I haven't seen a 97 for sale in a long time on Ebay ... that's why I don't sell mine, yeah, get the $$ but then, try to get another Na2 would be a mission ..

Oscar
I agree with you. I wanted an Na2 and they were so hard to find. Originally i was going for 02+ and wanted Lbbp but to find one with black interior is near impossible. I always still look to see whats out there and there is not a lot to choose from

I'm due for a new toy and was going to add an 02+ to the stable but from the looks of it I think yet another na1 it will be come next year, either way I can't wait to be part of the (2-NSX CLUB)

I have been thinking about selling to get a Ferrari 360. I put an ad on FerrariChat looking for a trade for my 2005 Red/Tan. I received responses from seveal people wanting to trade. None of them were what I wanted but I was pleased to see how interested FChat members were! If only the right trade deal came along??? I just love the 360!

IMO the reason for the shortages...

02+ had a lot of leased cars so 06-09 generally had the lease turn ins. maybe upto 6 months of sitting on a lot to be resold.

With the prices of the 06+ there are some but not all people who were able to buy the CASH. and then there were others that maybe have a 3-6 year loan on the car.

IMO there arent as many 02+ since many of their second or third owners probably have loans and are still paying them off. with the limited number of vehicles that have already had their second owner the thirds are not looking to let go yet.

I thought NSX stopped production in 2005, what is this 06+ business?

Late model NSX will always be a tough find - here in CA you can find them but many have stories.

Even late model s2000's are harder to come by now if you look. Most are being sold by dealers and when I last checked the 2006+ s2000's have VERY few on Ebay.

I have been thinking about selling to get a Ferrari 360. I put an ad on FerrariChat looking for a trade for my 2005 Red/Tan. I received responses from seveal people wanting to trade. None of them were what I wanted but I was pleased to see how interested FChat members were! If only the right trade deal came along??? I just love the 360!

Rob, don't do it! Your NSX will depreciate 10x slower and easier to unload than a 360 any day!

The 360's are dated now and most are in the 80-90k range. The only 360 worth buying and holding value is the 360 Stradale. I love the Stradale but wish it came with a manual tranny. All these new cars such as the R8 GT are auto only, so sad!

P.S. Going from your NSX to a 360 is a downgrade IMO, buy a F430 if you really must since that car has some many improvements over a 360.

Rob, don't do it! Your NSX will depreciate 10x slower and easier to unload than a 360 any day!

The 360's are dated now and most are in the 80-90k range. The only 360 worth buying and holding value is the 360 Stradale. I love the Stradale but wish it came with a manual tranny. All these new cars such as the R8 GT are auto only, so sad!

P.S. Going from your NSX to a 360 is a downgrade IMO, buy a F430 if you really must since that car has some many improvements over a 360.

Wow, didn't realize the prices dropped so quickly on the 360. I remember looking at them a year ago and they were almost all above 100 and many good examples 120K+. I just had to go on eBay real quick and verify myself.

He was talking about the lease turn in sold cars. 02-05 lease turn ins sold 06-09 (ball park-ish)

Oscar

True. I look on eBay, cars.com & Autotrader on a fairly consistent basis and almost never see a '97 for sale anywhere. Why is that?

Hey 4play!

I have received a bunch of PM's from 360 owners on the FerrariChat website willing to make a deal.

The market is pretty saturated with 360's right now. They have fallen into the sub-$70 range.

I recently passed on a 2002 red/tan 360 with only 4k miles on it priced at $70k. Needed the belt maintenance so I figured it at $75k. Kick my self for not acting on it as it has since sold!

I love the Ferrari's!!! I agree Stradale's are super nice but the wide racing stripe along the hood and top looks so cheap to me!

I have been thinking about selling to get a Ferrari 360.

...starts digging into the piggy bank, looks like I'm gonna have to buy your '05 :smile:

So let me see: you go out to SoCal to buy a 360, fly to SF, come home with YoJack's '05 NSX, and now you want to sell it and buy a 360 (I'm dizzy...)

Savor the '05, enjoy it... she's a gorgeous car

sell it to me in a few years, then get a Ferrari 458 :biggrin:

...starts digging into the piggy bank, looks like I'm gonna have to buy your '05 :smile:

So let me see: you go out to SoCal to buy a 360, fly to SF, come home with YoJack's '05 NSX, and now you want to sell it and buy a 360 (I'm dizzy...)

Savor the '05, enjoy it... she's a gorgeous car

sell it to me in a few years, then get a Ferrari 458 :biggrin:

Rob, I didn't know you have Jack/Yolanda's red NSX ~ that car is truly unique!

I thought NSX stopped production in 2005, what is this 06+ business?

Late model NSX will always be a tough find - here in CA you can find them but many have stories.

Even late model s2000's are harder to come by now if you look. Most are being sold by dealers and when I last checked the 2006+ s2000's have VERY few on Ebay.

as the others got from what i typed, i meant the people buying in 06+ (02+ lease returns and second hand owners)

Last edited:
Rob,
Twelve years ago (!) I received my F360 after waiting for it 11 months. The idea at the time was for the NSX to go.
Guess what ! I am still an NSX owner and the 360 is long gone.

But....every car entusiast should own at least on F car in his lifetime. That will grow his ego but also make him realize how much BS is part of that world.
My 2c.

Last edited:
Rob,
Twelve years ago (!) I received my F360 after waiting for it 11 months. The idea at the time was for the NSX to go.
Guess what ! I am still an NSX owner and the 360 is long gone.

But....every car entusiast should own at least on F car in his lifetime. That will grow his ego but also make him realize how much BS is part of that world.
My 2c.

I was thinking of going the 360 way also....UNTIL....I started reading F chat. I couldn't believe the amount of problems and the type of problems....mechanical and cosmetic. What really pushed me away were the ego's on that site. They really believe that there are 2 groups of car lovers. Guys that can't afford a Ferrari and them, because there is NO reason why someone wouldn't buy a Ferrari if they could afford it. They would rather tow their Ferrari around town than drive another car because as they put it..."the way people stare at them." Oh Brother! :rolleyes:

Thanks to my boy Mike(Arista5)for talking me through that one...it would have sucked watching him fly by me in his 05 Silverstone while I wait for the flatbed to pick me up in my 360...but the looks I would have gotten from the crowd might have been worth it....Yeah Right:tongue:

I hear you guys! I am not gonna pull the trigger until the perfect 360 comes along! I love my 05 NSX!

I was thinking of going the 360 way also....UNTIL....I started reading F chat. I couldn't believe the amount of problems and the type of problems....mechanical and cosmetic. :rolleyes:

To me, reliability is king. If a car can't complete its basic function, it is as worthless as a hunk of metal and I won't give a company money to feed me a nice sounding, pretty paperweight.

Back