NSX shortage at peak levels

dxd

Experienced Member
Just went on Autotrader and searched for 2002+ NSX in the entire country and ONLY 5 pulled up! Of those 5 one was modified with a supercharger and one was the NSX R conversion.

That leaves only 3 original 02+ NSX's for sale in the country on Autotrader.

Pretty crazy numbers! Am I missing something or is this an all time low?

in canada its worse. on the trader i think there is 1 2002+ for the entire country. the rest are scams or pre-2002.

Just went on Autotrader and searched for 2002+ NSX in the entire country and ONLY 5 pulled up! Of those 5 one was modified with a supercharger and one was the NSX R conversion.

Hmm. I see 6 (edit, now i see 5)

2005 LBB Blue with 22k miles (tootall's ride)
2005 Spa Yellow with 13,200 miles (doh! looks like that sold too!)
2002 Silverstone with 59k miles

the NSX-R conversion
2003 Damaged & repaired Silverstone
2002 Supercharged blue

Don't forget Shawn's newly restored 2004 beauty, and a few others for sale on the NSX Prime for sale forum: black/black, red/tan, and of course the 2005 with flip up headlights (might be one of a kind!)

It is pretty thin out there though. The nice looking red/tan 2002 for sale by Motorcars of Georgia is now off the market and it wasn't on there long.

The red/red 2005 that was on the market for so long has now vanished.
The silver one on Sport Haus that was around for a bit sold as well.

Its kinda a slow time for selling these cars though, will have to see what spring/summer brings and of course as the NSX Mark II approaches, I suspect a few of the high end 2002+ models will start to move out of their garages.

Thin market--glad I got my NSX when I did. There were many more when we were looking in 08. I remember i was interested in the one you bought but wanted an onyx interior. So I ended up going Rio instead of GPW--both excellent.

Its opposite here in Hong Kong... The supply was very very low few years ago, so every car importer decided to import JDM NSX over... and now the are tons of supplies for sale on www.28car.com. And the prices are dropping because of that...

Its opposite here in Hong Kong... The supply was very very low few years ago, so every car importer decided to import JDM NSX over... and now the are tons of supplies for sale on www.28car.com. And the prices are dropping because of that...

Prices are dropping? wow, i cant image what they were before. I just did a quick "nsx" search on that site you linked above. Found an 2004 asking $115,000USD :eek: Even the "cheapest" early NA1's are in the 55,000 USD range. That is unbelievable.

It's pretty ridiculous unless you're searching for 91's or 92's. That and you can see asking prices get a little higher and higher as well.

IMO the reason for the shortages...

02+ had a lot of leased cars so 06-09 generally had the lease turn ins. maybe upto 6 months of sitting on a lot to be resold.

With the prices of the 06+ there are some but not all people who were able to buy the CASH. and then there were others that maybe have a 3-6 year loan on the car.

IMO there arent as many 02+ since many of their second or third owners probably have loans and are still paying them off. with the limited number of vehicles that have already had their second owner the thirds are not looking to let go yet.

I am only getting 2, silverstone from CO and rio yellow from GA.

I just clicked on my link again and it shows 15.

I don't think that Vast keeps its search results up to date because some of those cars it is listing have already sold.

Since it links from all sites selling cars, if the original site doesn't remove it then it will still show on Vast as well.:wink: My NSX was still listed on the original site for 2 weeks after I bought it so Vast still showed it also.

Last edited:
Since it links from all sites selling cars, if the original site doesn't remove it then it will still show on Vast as well.:wink: My NSX was still listed on the original site for 2 weeks after I bought it so Vast still showed it also.
The conclusion would therefore be that there aren't really 15 for sale, only 5 which is what the original poster stated. If you click through the links Vast posted, you will see that 10 of them lead to dead ends.

Same thing as Vast - most of the vehicles on that list are already gone.

2004 Acura NSX Blue, 2 door, 2WD, Coupe, Automatic. (SOLD)
Acura : NSX NSX-T, TARGA 2002 Acura NSX-T (Sold)
2003 Acura NSX NSX-T Targa (not listed anymore)
2005 Acura NSX T Sport Haus (Sold)
2002 ACURA NSX ***PRISTINE CONDITION*** (not listed anymore)
2005 Acura NSX Silver, Coupe, Manual. (not listed anymore)

Depends on which ones you're looking for.

I'm moving to Japan, so I quit looking for a US NSX and as soon as I did, the Berlina/Ivory floodgates opened.

There's also a Midnight Pearl in the marketplace for anyone who cares. If I were staying here, I would have already put down a deposit.

Perhaps I should put my 05 up for sale.
53K miles in great condition. Dealer offered me $50K.
Not sure what it's worth.

It's very tough to find one nowadays! I've been searching for a couple years
and was standing by for an Imola Orange one and had No Luck!!

Perhaps I should put my 05 up for sale.
53K miles in great condition. Dealer offered me $50K.
Not sure what it's worth.

The car is worth slightly more than $50k and I think you should keep it unless you have to sell it due to financial reasons. Your car will not depreciate anymore unless something unexpected happens so why not have it close to you in case if you ever want to take it for a spin ;).

Back