NSX shipping USA to UK

Ahh LOndon!! I was just out there in February and I remember hearing the fee for bringing your car into the city limits was $20 USD PER DAY!!! Get ready to hear "mind the gap" 50 times a day.
I love the tube though.

I have a job offer in London and I am seriously considering it as well. My god is that place expensive though and your on camera 24/7. But how awesome would it be to have the NSX LHD on the streets!! Let me know what you find out regarding the cost to export Alicia.

Ahh LOndon!! I was just out there in February and I remember hearing the fee for bringing your car into the city limits was $20 USD PER DAY!!! Get ready to hear "mind the gap" 50 times a day.
I love the tube though.

I have a job offer in London and I am seriously considering it as well. My god is that place expensive though and your on camera 24/7. But how awesome would it be to have the NSX LHD on the streets!! Let me know what you find out regarding the cost to export Alicia.

Will do! No kidding on the COST there!! Was looking at 1BR flats in Chelsea/Mayfair....$3200+ for 500 square feet and a microwave!! I pay a little over $2k for a ridiculous 1000 sq ft marble highrise place on the beach in South Beach now. Back to basics I guess...:tongue:

Hope to meet some of the UK NSXers and steal a ride sometime! :biggrin:

Hi,

Well, as an NSX owner working in London (London Bridge, just along from Tower Brigde, opposite the Tower of London and the 'Gurkin'!) I can promise you that your car would stand out over here!

The NSX didn't sell in huge numbers in the UK (understatement!!!!) - round about 400 over 16 or so years, so they are as rare as hens teeth.

If you rent an appartment within Central London and IF (thats a big IF!!!) you can find somewhere with parking included, you do not have to pay the 'congestion charge' mentioned above.

There is a thriving NSX community in the UK - we had a meet last weekend at a national race circuit (where sadly, the UK NSX population was reduced by one) with 40 cars in attendance - my car is Y1 in the picture below).

Please feel free to visit www.nsxcb.co.uk for more help and advice regarding your planned re-location.

And once you are 'over here' we must meet for a (real!) beer.

Ian
:)

Attachments

• Japfest_diagonal_small.jpg
    Japfest_diagonal_small.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 92
I remember your RHD supra posting -- I assume you sourced that in Japan? Mind if I ask what it cost to get registered here? PM if you like.

Haha this is a pipe dream...I'm not gonna buy another damn NSX... Or will I? :tongue: :wink:

PM sent. Sell your car and bring back a Type-R!!!

Why this talk of bringing back a Type R?

We don't have any here either.

We'd actually rather you brought over a load of cheap parts with you.

really??? only available in Japan?

really??? only available in Japan?
Afraid so my friend. We dont have them and to import would be @ £85k taxes paid, so at todays rates thats @ $170k :eek: Plus I'm not sure you could register it due to US emission :frown:

Store it well and enjoy it when you return to the USA. If you're in London, use tube / bus / taxi /cycle / or simply walk depending on location. You may find it cheaper east of Docklands to rent rather than Chelsea / Mayfair. You'd only be half an hour away but a $1k a month better off.

HTH

PS, dont forget the spares!! :wink:

well.... is it expensive to get them from US??? like customs and taxes??

here in Portugal is easy... and UK and Portugal are in the CE so, no taxes between us :wink:

That is awesome Ski - I love it over there. Id move in a heart beat under your situation.

The girls are so smokin' with those accents; go like the wind, too.

:D

Well boys and girls, its even more official as of today since I signed my [NSX life away?] UK employment agreement today. I've lived all over the U.S. but this move has me scared shitless for some reason. What's up with that? Guess it's the whole "great challenging opportunity = outside your comfort zone" thing. :redface:

Cool - well get on and join www.nsxcb.co.uk when you're over. I'm sure we can all arange a local meet to keep you in touch with the NSX! As has been said by Kevin and Paul above these things are about as rare as they come but we have a very good, close community of probably 40 - 70 owners who keep in regular contact so I'm sure we can sort anything you might need!

P.S. Stuff a suitcase full of 02 sensors etc and you'll have friends for life! :wink:

That's not actually true though is it, there are 2 facelift Type Rs and at least 3 NA1 Type Rs in the country. Finding one that is for sale is the problem...

That's not actually true though is it, there are 2 facelift Type Rs and at least 3 NA1 Type Rs in the country. Finding one that is for sale is the problem...

Rob, do you have proof of the second NA2? Also where is this third NA1? I think the point Kevin meant is fairly clear - he of all people know's what is about!

Hi

People import cars from the US to Norway all the time. So frieght is not that bad. Tax however I have no idea.

Good luck

Regards

Cool - well get on and join www.nsxcb.co.uk when you're over. I'm sure we can all arange a local meet to keep you in touch with the NSX! As has been said by Kevin and Paul above these things are about as rare as they come but we have a very good, close community of probably 40 - 70 owners who keep in regular contact so I'm sure we can sort anything you might need!

P.S. Stuff a suitcase full of 02 sensors etc and you'll have friends for life! :wink:

Thanks mate! I've poked around NSXCB and will definitely sign up.
Any chance you know of a red/black/black top 91-94 manual in the S. Kensington area? My day was made when I saw one curb parked in a very residential area last week. It had aftermarket exhaust and wheels (looked like a daily driver + track car). 3 more weeks before the move!

BTW - what is the issue with O2 sensors? Can't they just be ordered?

Back