• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx sale after accident

I was wondering how the value of an nsx changes after an accident, assuming all repairs were done properly. Any opinions? I have a 2001 nsx repaired 8 years ago and driven since then without problems. car is otherwise excellent, low miles 19,000.

Depends on location on car, seriousness of damage, documentation of repairs. All accidents lower the value of the car, that's why if you were not at fault in a collision you should always have the "diminished value" appraised then make a claim for that amount with the at-fault driver's insurance company. The statute of limited for diminished value claims is 4 years in most States.

I almost bought an NSX that was in a front end accident. My mechanic friend had it checked out and the repair was off by 1/8" somewhere. I forgot the exact details but I remember it was only 1/8 of an inch. He recommended that I do not buy it so I passed. Because of it's aluminum frame, they say it's very difficult to repair it correctly. Especially front end collisions. I was still tempted to buy it cause I was so desperate to get one but the seller wouldn't lower his asking price and my friend really recommended against it. This may not be the case for your vehicle but this is just my story of dealing with one that has been in an accident before.

It all depends. The more minor the accident, the less the value changes; in the case of a small fender bender, it might not change at all. If it was a major accident and was totalled by insurance and branded with a salvage title, the difference can be major.

If you've been enjoying the car for the past eight years, I wouldn't worry about it at all. If it was repaired properly, any effect on the value of the car will be minimal after eight years.

I want before and after pics.

but those are rare. thats why all of my build have tons of before, during and after

so the future buyer will have something to go by.

there is only one person i would buy a wrecked NSX from and that Macninja.

and I would buy one from myself. LOL is that bias?

anyway since you have driven it for this long and no problems then it shouldnt effect the value. probably will not go up in value but you never know. there is a new wreck death of an NSx everyday.
so hold on to what you have and know that you have 1 of a limited number car.

drive it, Love it, think about it during sex, and drive it some more. LOL

Shawn, after seeing the rebuild you did, I would have no reservations at all in purchasing one of your cars. That silverstone you did was incredible. And talk about documentation. WOW. Keep up the good work.

The damage to the car was not minor but i just took the fender off and drove 400miles home. The only thing needed after the repair was an alignment. That was 8 years ago and its still driving great.

Back