NSX New Hampshire 04 / Exotic Car Show

OK guys here's the question.....

This is the first time in a car show for me, and although I'm pretty confident Eileen isn't going to take home any awards I would still like her to look her absolute best. With that said, how in the world are we going to drive from New Jersey and New York to NH and still keep our cars in show condition, especially since now they are calling for rain on Friday :( My wheels alone are gonna be a nightmare with the track pads installed. Even if Rich has a hose for us to use, it's gonna be almost impossible to bring all my detailing stuff with me. Also, when I go crazy with my car it takes me like 3-4 hours. What are you guys planning to do??

Nobody told me I had to clean my car. Fagetabout it. I'm not comin then.

Hmmm. wait a minute. That's right I don't own a black car. Ain't so bad afterall.....

Hi John, Pete, "THE DON".

The wash place is actually about 3/4 of a mile from the hotel. Also, everyone is on equal footing. Most the other cars coming in are from out of town.

At this point the showers on Friday are a big maybe.

John don't get crazy about the car's apearence,you can make it look pretty darn good by just washing it once you get up there at the local wash joint,the key is to have a good coat of wax on the car,and bring a quick detailer and or some spray on field glaze or other hydrated wax product.I and Larry B use waterless car polish called dry-wash and guard that is great also.Bring plenty of rags and towels,microfiber works well.The wheels can be damp cloth rubbed once you get to the venue.

I know that many folks would frown if I say this, but ever since I started tracking my car this year, the condition of the exterior has become on par with my wife's daily driver: dings from the rocks flying towards my car after someone went off track right in front of me, bumper scrubs from driving too close to the car in front, tracking in the pooring rain, and what not..

Even though I spend 4-5 hours cleaning my car after each track event, it has not been the same. It took me a lot of patience to ignore such imperfections - frankly, I feel my stomach overproducing acids whenever I see them.

I will make sure that I park far away from your beauties at the event so that I won't embarrass any of you, and that my car won't be the disgrace to the NSX community.
:)

bumper scrubs from driving too close to the car in front, tracking in the pooring rain, and what not..
Are you kidding, this isn't NASCAR:):) Plus, unless something is different then the tracking I have been doing, I don't think we were winning any money.....right? I think, if your contacting people you are a bit too close. Unless of course "bumper scrubs" is something completely different from what I'm thinking

Who the hell cleans their wheels!?!?!? They just fall off anyway..........
hahahahaha....Thanks for making my day:D:D:D

John don't get crazy
Hey Doc....I think that statement is a oxymoron

jadkar said:
Are you kidding, this isn't NASCAR:):) Plus, unless something is different then the tracking I have been doing, I don't think we were winning any money.....right? I think, if your contacting people you are a bit too close. Unless of course "bumper scrubs" is something completely different from what I'm thinking

Oh, I should have been more clear. That did not happen "on" the track. :o :D

There is no way that I would even consider harming other people's life. Also, being a scary cat, I cannot push my car to the limit (well.., not yet).

Off to Indy

Folks-

This is the FIRST year that my heart is not 100% into going to the F1 race. We really had a blast at the NH event last year. I am sure that Mr. Hutte and his wonderful wife will have everything in check for yet another fabulous well organized event. Have a great time all and look forward to all the photos!

Cheers-

Nev:(

RichH said:
Hi Bob,

I hope you did not hurt your car!

RCH

As of 6/12

Here is a break down of attendees by:

STATE:

MA= 8 / NY 6 / NH 5 / RI 2 / NJ 2 / MD 1 / CT 1

NSX COLORS:

Red 8 / Black 8/ Silver 4 / Yellow 2 / Green 2 / Midnight 1

We Have 27 attending dinner Saturday night.

Cheers Rich

Hi, Rich,

If David is attending from MD, shouldn't there be 2 Midnight?

Only 2 from Jersey :(

NSXNEV said:
Tiger,

Your car is FAR from an embarassment to any of us. LOVE your color and those wheels!

Cheers-

NevSX

Thanks, Nev. You are too kind.

Hi Tiger,

I did not hear from David this year. So you are exclusive!!

The other car from MD is Alan D. a yellow car.

See you Saturday.

Rich

Nev,

We will miss you this year. We have some great raffle gifts including 2 Griot's starter kits.

I am sure Bob O. will get lots of great pics.

Have fun in Indy.

Rich

Last edited:
Re: Car Wash

Peter Mills said:
John:
If I remember correctly there is a brushless car wash about two miles from the hotel across the street from Sunnyside Acura. Three years ago Miled spent the whole morning there.

And then after all of that hard work, it rained!
558.gif

Attachments

• nh01_01_prime.jpg
    nh01_01_prime.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:
I put one more coat of wax on last nite watched the weather everything was great. My car is spotless. I wake up and it is down pouring. My alarm clock goes off and the weatherman says how great it is out exept for a few showers over southeastern mass(my house). A couple of days ago I shut my sprinkler off so there wouldn"t be any puddles in the driveway. So much for planning:( :( :(
I hope I find a local car wash up there.

i gave up, it looks like it's supposed to rain on and off all day in merrimack according to weather.com. i'm just bringing towels and my absorber.

http://grandprixnick.250free.com/

Above is the Viperclub photo shoot from the show. I thought you might be interested.

The New England Viper Club would like to express its graditude to the Northeast NSX Club. For the day we stood side by side to make a difference in the life of a child. Together we raised over $10,000 for the Make A Wish foundation.

Jeff Torrey said:
The New England Viper Club would like to express its graditude to the Northeast NSX Club. For the day we stood side by side to make a difference in the life of a child. Together we raised over $10,000 for the Make A Wish foundation.

Jeff,

Thanks for the very kind words and thoughts, and right back at ya. Aside from enjoying the great company and camaraderie of our NSX gang, I also had the opportunity to meet quite a few Viper guys that day as well, and they were pleasant in every sense of the word. I really enjoyed chatting with them, great turnout, and very nice people. Kudos to the New England Viper Club.

Ciao... Miléd

I too would like to thank Jeff T. for all his hard work. That was quite a first effort. We had a great time and raised a few bucks for sick kids.

Also Miled it was a great surprise to see you and Tony.

Cheers Rich

Back