NSX motor in a Acura Legend

BUT WHY!!!!!!?????????

Ugh why not just drive the NSX? wtf :rolleyes: the legend will handle like shit.... the nsx has better weight distribution and handling..... just leave it alone! And I love how they pulled the engine out of the top of the NSX instead of the right way, from the bottom...

This whole project is suspect.... :mad:

It is impossible to remove the engine from the top of the NSX engine bay.

Glad to see your build coming along....congrats on the progress. Probably one of the best sleeper cars out there.

Here is exhaust sound of the Camaro Magnaflow exhaust with custom made headers and independent exhaust pipes.

Vid is really poor quality, sorry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6iXUSYAEr0

what transmission are you using? It doesn't look like there is much room for the transmission on the drivers side of the engine bay...

what transmission are you using? It doesn't look like there is much room for the transmission on the drivers side of the engine bay...

NSX 5 speed tranny, it is a tight fit but no problems.

NSX 5 speed tranny, it is a tight fit but no problems.

haha thats going to be a lot of torque to the front wheels lol... how did u run the shifting cables since they come in from the front of the engine? Just route them around the side?

Congratulations on your project! I know there was a LOT of hard work, time, dedication, blood, sweat, tears, and $$$ invested in it. Keep up the good work!

Looking forward to see more pics and vids as it progresses!

haha thats going to be a lot of torque to the front wheels lol... how did u run the shifting cables since they come in from the front of the engine? Just route them around the side?

Not long enough to do that, I made a couple of setups with no lock then I had two more options but the third option was the winner.

What I did I just designed a couple of shifting arms adapters to invert the arm motion and do the same mechanical function but parallel to the opposite OEM setup and just flipped the shifting lever to point out to the front of the car and also flipped or crossed the 2 shifting cables.

Sounds very complicated but actually is very simple process, only problem is that this custom linkage sets to low to the ground so I had to build a custom protection box. :biggrin:

Not long enough to do that, I made a couple of setups with no lock then I had two more options but the third option was the winner.

What I did I just designed a couple of shifting arms adapters to invert the arm motion and do the same mechanical function but parallel to the opposite OEM setup and just flipped the shifting lever to point out to the front of the car and also flipped or crossed the 2 shifting cables.

Sounds very complicated but actually is very simple process, only problem is that this custom linkage sets to low to the ground so I had to build a custom protection box. :biggrin:

Very interesting... did you use NSX hubs and rotors so that it would connect to the axles easier? Or did you use hubs / wheel bearings / rotors from a legend?

Very interesting... did you use NSX hubs and rotors so that it would connect to the axles easier? Or did you use hubs / wheel bearings / rotors from a legend?
There are many custom mods made to fit the engine and also mods made to the car to upgrade brake system (complete NSX brake system) 4-5 lug upgrade (Lude hubs) 5 level custom made axles (thedriveshaftshop.com)ETC. I don't mind answering questions about this special project, actually it makes me glad people have interest on it, but it will help if you read my thread on AL.org it shows in detail the whole process of the build there is no secrets and even if I missed something I'll be more then glad to explain or post pics and description of it. Thanks for your questions. :smile:

Last edited:
I checked out your blog today.. Great job

There are many custom mods made to fit the engine and also mods made to the car to upgrade brake system (complete NSX brake system) 4-5 lug upgrade (Lude hubs) 5 level custom made axles (thedriveshaftshop.com)ETC. I don't mind answering questions about this special project, actually it makes me glad people have interest on it, but it will help if you read my thread on AL.org it shows in detail the whole process of the build there is no secrets and even if I missed something I'll be more then glad to explain or post pics and description of it. Thanks for your questions. :smile:

Paint is almost ready' Legend-sx will be out of the body shop very soon.
sx3.jpg

sx1.jpg

Amazing!

I miss my '89 Legend. It was purchased new and was mechanically the best one of the most reliable cars that I have had the pleasure of owning. Truly a fantastic car, I had intended to keep it in my collection along with my '94 Legend.

Unfortunately my '89 met a premature demise several years ago when my sister was involved in serious accident while driving it. Thankfully my sister survived with only minor injuries. The car did not fare as well but I must say that it did it's job protecting her.

I look forward to seeing more photos and videos of your progress.

U da MAN!

Not a fan of the paint, nor the lexan rear window. But I gotta say I love what you have done here. Such a dream come true. I would love to se this thing in person someday and am really proud of what we see here. You have done a great thing!

Wow. Awesome. I remember about 10 years ago all us Legend enthusiasts from that site were saying how it was virtually impossible to swap an NSX motor into the Legend. I'm glad we were all proven wrong.:biggrin: I haven't owned any Legend's since 2003 and haven't kept up with them in a long time, but this has got to be one of the best projects I've seen on a Legend, and I've seen some good ones.

Yes, the '86 and '87 Legend sedan came with the 2.5L. The 2.7L started with the '87 Coupe.

The 2.0L class Legend in Japan was with 2.0 V6 Turbo.

Amazing!

I miss my '89 Legend. It was purchased new and was mechanically the best one of the most reliable cars that I have had the pleasure of owning. Truly a fantastic car, I had intended to keep it in my collection along with my '94 Legend.

Unfortunately my '89 met a premature demise several years ago when my sister was involved in serious accident while driving it. Thankfully my sister survived with only minor injuries. The car did not fare as well but I must say that it did it's job protecting her.

I look forward to seeing more photos and videos of your progress.

Hi fellow paseno, I will get more pics and videos very soon, thanks

Not a fan of the paint, nor the lexan rear window. But I gotta say I love what you have done here. Such a dream come true. I would love to se this thing in person someday and am really proud of what we see here. You have done a great thing!

It was a pain to decide what to do with the paint, but since its not longer a Luxury Legend anymore we went with this type of paint, I also don't like the Lexan but it saves lots of weight when you are doing the 1/4 mile, actual weight of the car is around the 2750 lbs. thanks for your appreciation.

Wow. Awesome. I remember about 10 years ago all us Legend enthusiasts from that site were saying how it was virtually impossible to swap an NSX motor into the Legend. I'm glad we were all proven wrong.:biggrin: I haven't owned any Legend's since 2003 and haven't kept up with them in a long time, but this has got to be one of the best projects I've seen on a Legend, and I've seen some good ones.

All of those threads help me inspire to confirm this swap, it was really fun to read all the comments about the possibility of the swap, and thank you very much for your words of support.

The 11th of this month was my sons 23rd birthday so I took him his ride as a present to his resting place.
Clegend11.jpg

Clegend07.jpg

Clegend05.jpg

Last edited:
Back