NSX Lovefest on M3Forum

what do you guys think of a v-8 m3 as a dd? that's the e90.i posted this on off-topic,but i know less people look there.thanks.

There are so many people who think the hatred stems from the Nissan badge and that has NOTHING to do with it.
Utter BS. You haven't been on M3F to see the days when Art was around and he would hate on the badge and the 'supposed' performance specs. The guy was delusional but tons of members who are still around today, hated on the GTR & called it rice. Now that its been shown to be a true performer, calling it rice has bee substituted with the its not fun/involving/driver's car excuses.

NSX-GT3

Great feedback - Check (GTR-Astoundingly numb) - lol yet MotorTrend had the GTR in its 'Best Driver's Car Contender 2011' article where the car was said to have great feedback
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=380446
Small, low center of gravity - Check (GTR-Huge, tall, designer wants it to be heavy, his words) - I thought this was about center of gravity, not weight? I would assume that if the GTR had a 'huge, tall' center of gravity, it wouldn't be as fast as it...
Minimal electronics to aid driver - Check (GTR-:eek:) - The GTR has the same amount of aids the 911 Turbo has, yet the 911 Turbo is never bltched about.
Usable, proportionate hp - Check (GTR-King of paper) - Umm what does this even mean?
Attractive, functional design - Check (GTR-:confused:) - Subjective
Wolfe - Have you ever driven a GTR? I'm going to guess like the majority of M3F, you have not had any seat time in one because some of the crap you listed above is just that...crap.

Even EVO magazine ranked the GTR over the new 991 911 in their recent 911 vs Rivals article.
That's everything that is important to ME in a sports car. The GTR is not one of those. Sorry to go OT, but people crying about the GTR haters need to stop. Some car companies get it and some don't.
Why should a GTR thread always turn into a pissing match between those who like the GTR and those who do not. Why continuously ruin a thread? You honestly do not make any sense with the last comment.
I understand that I may be a minority, but don't write off the fact that I have significant reasons to love the e46M, NSX, and GT3 and have a pure hatred for the GTR. It is a super car for the everyday person; also quoted from the designer.
Hate the GTR all you want but don't go into threads regarding the GTR and ruin it for those who like the car.
I might not like how Godzilla looks, but I have mucho respect for what it can do.
Sadly, this cannot be said for the guys on M3Forum.
what do you guys think of a v-8 m3 as a dd? that's the e90.i posted this on off-topic,but i know less people look there.thanks.
It's a great car for DD. I just drove an ESS s/c'd M3 and that is extremely fun. It almost makes me want an E92 over an E46 again.

I'm here for the lovefest. I'll have an NSX one day...I've been saying that for too long already.

I can guarantee that you will not miss your M3 that much. The only things I miss about mine would be

1.) cup holders
2.) xenon's
3.) not having people take pictures of you in traffic/drawing attention/looking like an asshole
4.) steering wheel (I prefer the M's better)
5.) blueteeth

And I really really loved my M3's as well. Obviously I think if we didn't have a '10 TSX for practicality I would miss the M3 much much more. But overall those few items have not outweighed how much more I enjoy driving it, hard to explain but it is incredible.

I can guarantee that you will not miss your M3 that much. The only things I miss about mine would be

1.) cup holders
2.) xenon's
3.) not having people take pictures of you in traffic/drawing attention/looking like an asshole
4.) steering wheel (I prefer the M's better)
5.) blueteeth

And I really really loved my M3's as well. Obviously I think if we didn't have a '10 TSX for practicality I would miss the M3 much much more. But overall those few items have not outweighed how much more I enjoy driving it, hard to explain but it is incredible.
lol
depending on what year nsx you got . they have cup holders but they suck lol and the 2002+ had factory hids

anyways you can do a retro fit s2000 or even tsx on your pop lights imo they look good and shine great, or just get the aftermarket hid kit in the vendor market

e90 or e92 M3 would make an absolutely great DD. Not many better in my opinion. Have you driven one?

Mr. Wolfe
i drove a 2008 e90 briefly,really liked it.i'm going to have it checked out and drive it some more,and am thinking about it seriously if it checks out well at the dealer.

lol
depending on what year nsx you got . they have cup holders but they suck lol and the 2002+ had factory hids

anyways you can do a retro fit s2000 or even tsx on your pop lights imo they look good and shine great, or just get the aftermarket hid kit in the vendor market

I really try to limit the amount of aftermarket crap. I probably will breakdown and get some sort of retrofitted HID solution though.

I did have some sort of weird spring loaded cup holder but it was essentially worthless and I threw it in a bin.

I guess the point I was making was that I lost a few creature comforts and daily driverish things, but it doesn't outweigh.

Last edited:
Utter BS. You haven't been on M3F to see the days when Art was around and he would hate on the badge and the 'supposed' performance specs. The guy was delusional but tons of members who are still around today, hated on the GTR & called it rice. Now that its been shown to be a true performer, calling it rice has bee substituted with the its not fun/involving/driver's car excuses.

I have been there 6 years and I can only speak for myself. I am not brand loyal and I have no beef with the car being a Nissan. (at all)

Wolfe - Have you ever driven a GTR? I'm going to guess like the majority of M3F, you have not had any seat time in one because some of the crap you listed above is just that...crap.

I rode in the GTR twice, I have never driven it. I have no need or want to. Super fast cars do NOTHING for me. A 2 pedal car is about as exciting as riding a lawn mower to ME. I am speaking for myself, no one else BTW.

Even EVO magazine ranked the GTR over the new 991 911 in their recent 911 vs Rivals article.

They are sharing their opinion, I am sharing my opinion. On paper, the GTR beats just about every car in the world.

Why should a GTR thread always turn into a pissing match between those who like the GTR and those who do not. Why continuously ruin a thread? You honestly do not make any sense with the last comment.

Mainly because a majority of OT on the M3F hate the GTR. In case you didn't realize, in OFF TOPIC, almost every member there posts on every thread. If the GTR comes up, opinions will be shared.

Hate the GTR all you want but don't go into threads regarding the GTR and ruin it for those who like the car.

It's getting to the point where you cannot even mention the word GTR over there because someone will be offended that you may say something negative about it. I find it hilarious that you have to walk on egg shells in the OFF TOPIC forum because you will hurt someone's opinion.

Sadly, this cannot be said for the guys on M3Forum.

You can't force someone to respect something that means nothing to them. 0-60 means nothing to me. 1/4 mile time means nothing to me. The car is wicked fast and everyone knows that. It has super car performance and if you knew me at all you would know that I do not like the super cars of the last 10 years. These 500-600-700-800 hp super cars are getting ridiculous, in my opinion, and taking most of the fun out of driving a car. I mean, you redline 1st gear and your at 80 mph and you didn't even grab 2nd gear yet... or I guess push the button for 2nd gear.

It's a great car for DD. I just drove an ESS s/c'd M3 and that is extremely fun. It almost makes me want an E92 over an E46 again.

Wow, something we agree on.

NSX-GT3

Great feedback - Check (GTR-Astoundingly numb) - lol yet MotorTrend had the GTR in its 'Best Driver's Car Contender 2011' article where the car was said to have great feedback I disagree big time. The car is very stable and confidence-inspiring at speed, but great feedback(?) - I disagree.
Small, low center of gravity - Check (GTR-Huge, tall, designer wants it to be heavy, his words) - I thought this was about center of gravity, not weight? I would assume that if the GTR had a 'huge, tall' center of gravity, it wouldn't be as fast as it... I do not like the feel of heavy cars. Never did, never will.
Minimal electronics to aid driver - Check (GTR-) - The GTR has the same amount of aids the 911 Turbo has, yet the 911 Turbo is never bltched about. I have never talked about the 911 Turbo.
Usable, proportionate hp - Check (GTR-King of paper) - Umm what does this even mean? It means hp that is usable, proportionate to it's weight. i.e., a 2500 lb. car with 220hp is a blast. A 2500 lb. car with 650hp is not usable hp IMO, some may disagree. Not to sound cliché, but a super fast car is not especially fun to drive on the street... if you want to somewhat try to obey any traffic laws.
Attractive, functional design - Check (GTR-) - Subjective Agree

Alright, I digress. I have cluttered this thread up enough already. Can we agree to disagree?

Mr. Wolfe

Last edited:
Wow, something we agree on.

NSX-GT3

Great feedback - Check (GTR-Astoundingly numb) - lol yet MotorTrend had the GTR in its 'Best Driver's Car Contender 2011' article where the car was said to have great feedback I disagree big time. The car is very stable and confidence-inspiring at speed, but great feedback(?) - I disagree.
Small, low center of gravity - Check (GTR-Huge, tall, designer wants it to be heavy, his words) - I thought this was about center of gravity, not weight? I would assume that if the GTR had a 'huge, tall' center of gravity, it wouldn't be as fast as it... I do not like the feel of heavy cars. Never did, never will.
Minimal electronics to aid driver - Check (GTR-) - The GTR has the same amount of aids the 911 Turbo has, yet the 911 Turbo is never bltched about. I have never talked about the 911 Turbo.
Usable, proportionate hp - Check (GTR-King of paper) - Umm what does this even mean? It means hp that is usable, proportionate to it's weight. i.e., a 2500 lb. car with 220hp is a blast. A 2500 lb. car with 650hp is not usable hp IMO, some may disagree. Not to sound cliché, but a super fast car is not especially fun to drive on the street... if you want to somewhat try to obey any traffic laws.
Attractive, functional design - Check (GTR-) - Subjective Agree

Alright, I digress. I have cluttered this thread up enough already. Can we agree to disagree?

Mr. Wolfe
We can always agree to disagree. :cool:

My only issue is with how often those who hate the GTR feel the need to ruin GTR threads on M3F. If you hate it, then don't post. I hate all the nut-huggin that goes on in OT for Porsche's, but I don't post in every thread to remind those who love the cars how ridiculously over-priced they are and how the GTR trounces them in performance tests.

You brought up the GTR, not us.

Sparrow, once again trying to dig up arguments out of thin air.

I brought it up because its a Japanese car. Many of those guys will outright hate on anything JDM and call it rice, which is why I'm surprised its been a lovefest.

As for you, do you really want to rehash your racist remarks?

All I can say is I love M3's and that I wish Jack Sparrow would never post on this forum again. :rolleyes:

Which actually makes a lot of sense in my opinion. They share many of the attributes that make a car special (to that type of driver). One car is just more focused as a sports car and one is more focused as a DD or as a practical track car. IMO, it's hard to love one and hate the other unless you have an agenda against Japan or Germany.

Mr. Wolfe

Japan, Germany, Italy. Those Axis powers sure know how to make their cars.
Its a lost historical fact, but their enthusiasm for quality automobiles was the primary reason they all banded together, world domination was just a happy coincidence they had in common.

The British, Russians & Americans removed that from the history books so they didn't have to be reminded how lousy they are at building cars.

Really? They wanted to take over the world because they all shared enthusiasm for quality automobiles? Was japan producing cars in the late 30s?

Its a lost historical fact, but their enthusiasm for quality automobiles was the primary reason they all banded together......

Its a lost historical fact, but their enthusiasm for quality automobiles was the primary reason they all banded together, world domination was just a happy coincidence they had in common.

The British, Russians & Americans removed that from the history books so they didn't have to be reminded how lousy they are at building cars.

what about the skoda yeti (possibly russian)-greatest car (name) ever!

Japan, Germany, Italy. Those Axis powers sure know how to make their cars.

I was thinking of the same thing too.

I'd take a Mclaren F1 GT over anything from the axis powers. Nowdays USA cars are alot more palatable.

Really? They wanted to take over the world because they all shared enthusiasm for quality automobiles? Was japan producing cars in the late 30s?

+1

I wouldnt exactly call it a love fest
90% of the posts are by mr. Wolfe and one other member one that site.
I am a member of m3forum.net and I have a few post on that thread but to call that thread a love fest is a bit of a stretch since most post are by the same two people lol

Zaid

LOL@ Batmans all over that thread, up to the same shenanigans too.:rolleyes:

Back