NSX Disenchantment-Anyone else have this feeling?

Disenchanted here. Traffic officers are always keeping an eye on it waiting to give me a ticket. 70 in an NSX = 85+ in any other regular car. Minivans with cell phones and DVD players in full use while driving = a presidential motorcade..... it can do no wrong. :rolleyes: :tongue: :confused:

My soap box.

true dat!

I just performed the dollar trick as explained by Larry B, and the windows seem fine. I wonder if it could be a trim issue. I inspected the trim and it looks fine. Sorry for taking this thread ot.

When was the last time you "greased" the seals? Granted, my car is getting on 9-years old now but I notice a huge difference in creaks, groans and wind noise when I apply the Shinetsu grease to the seals.

Like others have said, your 18"/19" wheels contribute to the harsh ride. The wheels are also decreasing your performance since the overall diameter of the wheels/tires are larger than OEM and heavier.

I just performed the dollar trick as explained by Larry B, and the windows seem fine. I wonder if it could be a trim issue. I inspected the trim and it looks fine. Sorry for taking this thread ot.

Could the noise be coming from your targa top? I have no issues with wind noise, but when I bought my car from Niello, they told me the only thing they had to fix on the car was replacing the seal on the targa top. Apparently many people put the top back on incorrectly and mess up the seals. They said they see this issue on tons of NSX's.

I would like to add that I have none of the issues the OP has. Car is super quiet(as quiet as my prelude) for the type of car it is and couldn't be happier with the NSX during the 4 months I've owned it. My car is bone stock, and I think the wheels really make a huge difference.

I know exactly where the wind noise is coming from. The wind is coming through the drivers side window, within a 2-3" section on top of the window. For some reason, the seal isn't perfect. I am unsure if this is a weather stripping problem or a window position problem. My warranty runs out in Aug so I still have a few months to play with.

The easy way to test this is take a dollar bill, lay it over edge of the glass and close the door(Thank You Mark Basch for this tip:)). Check it every few inches. It should be a little tough to pull:). If the bill pulls with no resistance, the window is out of adjustment. Although the targa's just are not quite as quiet as the coupes, even with proper adjustment.

HTH,
LarryB

Good Tip!:biggrin: Thanks

Well I have to say.........

Last night it rained and washed all the salt off the roads and today it was 65 and sunny. So I took the X out for a spin. Wow what a difference the weather makes on this car. The tires hooked up. the suspension was more supple (im guessing because of the temperature) and the road noise had almost dissapeared!

I am astonished and amazed at the grip, the composure and the sure pull of the car now that I am able to unleash it. Sorry for this post in the first place!!!!

Drive a RX7 and u'll think the NSX is a later model german car.

It's all relative........

Can you go a freakin post without injecting the RX7?

Give it a rest already.

As for the OP, the HP Evos are very heavy wheels that are not helping your NSX experience.

You can remove some padding from the bottom seat cushion to gain additional room.

Back