NSX Craze November 20-22 - Austin & Hill Country

Looks like the weekend of November 20-22, 2009 works for everyone!

I will start putting up the schedule ASAP. Anyone wanna have a meet up somewhere soon to talk about some ideas? I think Jeff and Dave from Houston are coming up this weekend. How does Saturday night (early evening) work for you guys that are local? How about Taps on Lakeline and Ellum at 8 PM?

I can't wait!!! But everyone BEWARE, I AM EVEN CRAZIER NOW THAN BEFORE LOL

Well you know im always down for the Nsx Craze!!!

1. Luis
2. Jeff Baker :eek:
3. Greg M(*&^%%$#@!&* Z!!!!! :biggrin

Can't wait! Sounds like it will be a great turnout! I should be up fri night.

1. Luis
2. Jeff Baker
3. Greg M(*&^%%$#@!&* Z!!!!! :biggrin
4. Blackoutz

1. Luis
2. Jeff Baker :biggrin:
3. Greg M(*&^%%$#@!&* Z!!!!! :biggrin:
4. Blackoutz
5. KO-nsx
6. Nick aka FastRunner :cool:

Im in for sure!!

1. Luis
4. Blackoutz
5. KO-nsx
7. Todd aka trainingrevolution :eek:
8. Omar adrenaline_nsx

1. Luis
4. Blackoutz
5. KO-nsx
7. Todd aka trainingrevolution :eek:
8. Omar adrenaline_nsx
9. Nathan / unlemming

:tongue:

1. Luis
2. Jeff Baker
3. Greg M(*&^%%$#@!&* Z!!!!!
4. Blackoutz
5. KO-nsx
6. Nick aka FastRunner
7. Todd aka trainingrevolution
8. Omar adrenaline_nsx
9. Nathan / unlemming
10. Scott aka TXvsLV

I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!!
Track day Sunday am? or Sat am? whichever is better for H2R

Luis, if your rotors show up I maybe coming up w/ Dave and Jeff this weekend to do a track day w/ Chris if I here from him soon enough.

let's do it!

1. Luis - TxChopperGuy
2. Jeff Baker - JBNSX719
3. Greg M (*&^%%$#@!&* Z!!!!! :D) - Greg Z
4. Blackoutz
5. Ko-nsx
6. Nick - FastRunner
7. Todd - trainingrevolution
8. Omar - adrenaline_nsx
9. Nathan - unlemming
10. Scott - TXvsLV
11. me - Osiris_x11

I'm game for Taps Pub (Lakeline/Elm - Cedar Park) @ 8pm on Saturday (October 24th, 2009) for the round'table/brain-storm/pow-wow/planning/etc'!

Last edited:
Re: let's do it!

1. Luis - TxChopperGuy
2. Jeff Baker - JBNSX719
4. Blackoutz
5. Ko-nsx
6. Nick - FastRunner
8. Omar - adrenaline_nsx
9. Nathan - unlemming
10. Scott - TXvsLV
11. Umar - Osiris_x11
12. Matt - Matt_337

Good to see you going Nathan. Looks to be a good crowd!!

updates...

Cool round-table last night. Unofficial schedule as of now (TxChopperGuy will fine-tune it)...

Friday:
* evening -> arrival/meetup @ North Austin or Central Austin bar-&-grill/lounge
* night -> head'over to North Austin pub (Taps Pub or Dig Pub) afterwards OR my residence (Northwest Austin) to hang-out.

Saturday:
* morning/afternoon -> early meet-up @ pre-determined location for awesome Hill Country drive for the entire day (meaning: have good tires/brakes/fluids & snax/music/walkie-talkies)
* evening -> return to Austin-area & eat dinner @ North Austin / Central Austin bar-&-grill/lounge
* night -> head'over to North Austin pub/lounge OR downtown area OR my residence (Northwest Austin) to hang-out/relax.

Sunday:
* morning -> possible track-event @ Harris Hill Road-course in San Marcos
* afternoon -> downtown/South-Congress area lunch/relax

Hotel & accommodation info' will be provided in due time.

If there's an interest in checking-out some exotics, I can contact the principle of a relatively new dealership (Aston Martin / Bentley / Lotus) to have us over for tea/coffee/snacks.

I will be contacting a dozen or so vendors/e-retailers/dealers/etc' for some hand-outs/sponsorship, as well as thinking of a way to incorporate a charity.

An accurate head-count of NSX'ers is needed for the aforementioned (track-day, eating-RSVP's & parking-arrangements, open-houses, and vendor goodiez). So if you're likely to attend "2009 NSX Craze II", please add yourself to the list & post any/all activities you'd like to a part of (ie. dyno? Acura dealer tutorial? prof' detailer session? arts/culture? partying & going loco? etc'...).

1. Luis - TxChopperGuy
2. Jeff Baker - JBNSX719
4. Blaine - Blackoutz
5. Kelley - Ko-nsx
6. Nick - FastRunner
8. Omar - adrenaline_nsx
9. Nathan - unlemming
10. Scott - TXvsLV
11. Umar - Osiris_x11
12. Matt - Matt_337
13. Ojas - Ojas
14. Dave - {Brooklands Green NSX w/ Zanardi-goodness}
15. Chris - sc1n

Last edited:
Re: updates...

1. Luis - TxChopperGuy
2. Jeff Baker - JBNSX719
4. Blaine - Blackoutz
5. Kelley - Ko-nsx
6. Nick - FastRunner
8. Omar - adrenaline_nsx
9. Nathan - unlemming Track event, dyno, track, partying, track, etc :biggrin:
10. Scott - TXvsLV
11. Umar - Osiris_x11
12. Matt - Matt_337
13. Ojas - Ojas
14. Dave - {Brooklands Green NSX w/ Zanardi-goodness}
15. Chris - sc1n

Not sure if I'll be able to get down in time for anything Friday night though.

blackoutz said:
Good to see you going Nathan. Looks to be a good crowd!!
No doubt, I love these things. I may still be a bit gun shy for the Saturday romp but I'm itching for some track time :). Hopefully JETZ gets my NSX-R wing back to me in time..I got the new tires and wing at the same time and the difference at HHR was dramatic.

Well, Chris, Scott and myself just got back from H2R this afternoon and had a blast. Scott was setting up his car and Chris was enjoying his new coilovers and I can say that they are great!

We also talked to Eric while we were there about the track day. Scott and I were thinking it might be better to have the track day on Sat vs. Sun because of some people's long drives on Sunday afternoon. What do yall think? Eric said we could do it either day we just need to let him know soon. He said we could do it Sat afternoon starting at 4 and going to 7. Everybody could get there around 3 for track instruction and drivers meeting. The only thing I don't know is how long the drive in the hills will take.

Lets start talking about it so we can let Eric know as soon as possible

Blaine:smile:

let's see...

We also talked to Eric while we were there about the track day. Scott and I were thinking it might be better to have the track day on Sat vs. Sun because of some people's long drives on Sunday afternoon. What do yall think?
I'm game for either.

The proposed Saturday Hill Country drive would take most of the day. If there is enough tracking interest, a track-outing to Harris Hill Road can be planned for Saturday afternoon/early-evening (as suggested). Meaning, for Saturday morning/early-afternoon (before the track) & late-evening/night (after the track), some-other activities can be planned. And then, Sunday morning a smaller drive (half-day jaunt somewhere scenic) & lunch somewhere in the route can be incorporated & everyone can head-back to their areas from there.

It should be noted that the clock rolls-back 1-hour later tonight, and come November 20-22, it'll be dark by 5:30pm. Not sure if the 4-7 pm track-time is optimal based on the shorter day.

Also, it needs to discussed what kind of track-outing this is & the cost. Based on that, I'm sure others can assess it & state their interest so an idea of participation-level can be noted.

As of now (personally speaking), I have no plans to head to the track, whether Saturday or Sunday. At most, I was gonna do a token parade-lap and/or group-pics if I even went down.

However, whatever the masses want - they shall get. We'll all plan accordingly for whatever activity/schedule works for the majority.

Thanks for the input, Blackoutz! :cool:

Last edited:
In the case of it getting dark at 5:30 on Sat we might want to gauge interest on a early start time at Harris Hill on Sun. Im sure we could get the track form 9- 12 and have a drivers meeting at 8:30. How would that sound to everyone? That way everyone can start heading back to where there going around 1pm.

If we get at least 12-15 people to track there cars it would be around $100 a person. Thats very inexpensive for 3-4 track sessions and you will learn a TON about your car in a safe environment.

How does that sound? I can call erik at the Track and let him know what we want to do.

Blaine

In the case of it getting dark at 5:30 on Sat we might want to gauge interest on a early start time at Harris Hill on Sun. Im sure we could get the track form 9- 12 and have a drivers meeting at 8:30. How would that sound to everyone? That way everyone can start heading back to where there going around 1pm.

If we get at least 12-15 people to track there cars it would be around $100 a person. Thats very inexpensive for 3-4 track sessions and you will learn a TON about your car in a safe environment.

How does that sound? I can call erik at the Track and let him know what we want to do.

Blaine

I like that idea. How many of you guys would do a Sunday early track day? I know these people would.

1. Luis
2. Scott
3. Chris
4. Blaine
5. Greg Z

Back