NSX Could Be Revived

I don't know if I said it already, but someone inside Honda tolde me the V10 is giving Honda a lot of headaches to get through the stricter emissions.

I have no reason to believe this person was lying to me.

Cheers,

AR

I don't know if I said it already, but someone inside Honda tolde me the V10 is giving Honda a lot of headaches to get through the stricter emissions.

I have no reason to believe this person was lying to me.

Cheers,

AR
Why would Honda have hard time passing the emission when other cars can?

for example, Dodge Viper, Corvette ZR-1, LP640, Veyron, F430 Scuderia, etc...

Honda didn't drop out of F1 due to sales down 30%+, or profits down 60%+, but because operating revenue is down 80%+, so it won't be anytime soon. With the yen strong, it does not make sense to send the profits of Acura east, so cash to develop new products is not there. The magazines already sent the message that the new 2020 emissions guidelines spell the end of the supercar "as we know it", so the window of opportunity is closing if Honda wishes to squeeze in one design refresh cycle after four years.

Honda didn't drop out of F1 due to sales down 30%+, or profits down 60%+, but because operating revenue is down 80%+, so it won't be anytime soon. With the yen strong, it does not make sense to send the profits of Acura east, so cash to develop new products is not there. The magazines already sent the message that the new 2020 emissions guidelines spell the end of the supercar "as we know it", so the window of opportunity is closing if Honda wishes to squeeze in one design refresh cycle after four years.

It would be ironic for them to produce the NSX thing (front engine not a NSX) and cancel their F1 team.

Whats funny is the ORIGINAL NSX would be perfect for today if it was updated. Lightweight, small V-6, good gas mileage, great performance.....

With Acura though, they haven't done anything to truly extend the brand upward or make it a true luxury brand, so another 90k NSX or 100k NSX will be an even harder sell if it was sold. The brand would jump from a 50k RL they can't give away to a 100k NSX.

I was talking to a realtor today (yes, I said "realtor") and he said that the NSX has been released and is for sale in Japan.

I didn't argue. :rolleyes: (I'm getting better with age. :biggrin: )

He is correct, NSX has been released since '91 :biggrin:

Back