NSX Blue Book values realistic?

Hi everyone, new to the board and I don't own an NSX... yet. :smile: But it's a recent addition to my short list.

One thing has me a bit puzzled - online appraisal / pricing sites (i.e. Edmunds TMV, KBB) give valuations that are radically different from the market prices I'm seeing for early 90's NSX's. For example, Edmunds and KBB put a '91 at $15 K to $20 K but market price seems more like $30K-ish.

I know "blue book" values can be often be way off the mark for other hard-to-find cars (*cough* third-gen-RX7's *cough*). Do I have any realistic chance of finding an NSX at these blue book prices?

And great site, BTW. I've already found the NSX vs. S2000 thread very informative

If you do a search of the forums you will find that KBB and some of the others are wildly off-base on NSX (and many other high end cars) values. You will find some at those prices with salvage or clapped-out 200000 mile models.

Here is an honest NSX pricing guide. Good luck in your search. :smile:

Autophile said:
Here is an honest NSX pricing guide. Good luck in your search. :smile:
Thanks very much. Sorry for overlooking that in the FAQ.

That's good news in that I should be able to pay what seems to be market value today without taking enormous depreciation if I ever need to sell it.

that's one of the best reasons to buy one to try it out. If you don't like it, you won't lose much if anything.

KBB and NADA are not accurate pricing guides for the NSX at all. Too few of them exist and move at auction to be evaluated using the same methods as a Civic or Accord, etc.

Another example I've seen of a car which isn't quite as rare is the Supra. KBB and NADA trash the 93-95 Supra Turbos but good luck finding one for less than 17-18K in good shape. It's just a highly desirable car that doesn't move very often so pricing in those guides is distorted.

The dealer "Black Book" is more accurate but you need to be a licensed dealer to obtain it and it's very pricey.

The FAQ pricing guide is much more realistic.

Back