NSX as a garage queen?

I'm proud to say mine is a garage queen. 91 44k on it. don't drive in the rain one of my reason is b/c it's an old car I want to preserve/ prolong the rubber parts and other parts that water/rain and sun light affect the most. plus like someone stated it great to look at and even more fun driving a different car on the weekends.

garage queen checking in :)

There was another similar thread (year and miles) in the general forum that is a couple of years old to compare to if you wanted to. There was a '91 or '92 on ebay last year that had about 9k miles and looked like new and was going for around 40k. I have way less than that :)

Nice garage pic.

Dude, you have issues...:biggrin: J/k

Well, if I have a garage, I'll probably do the same.

All the pictures used to be in the den in the old house. After the current house was finished they migrated to the garage, and the collection has grown. This picture isn't recent. There are even more framed posters now, and a display case containing the t-shirt, the calandar, and the magazine cover the car was featured on in 2005.

Also- that big poster in front of the car? That is a back lit dealership display...

All the model NSX's (perhaps a dozen or so) are still in the den.

Collecting is fun, and it is easy to know what to get Dad for Fathers day!

Philip

Last edited:
I am shocked at how many NSX's here are garage queens... wow... I didn't expect this.

I am shocked at how many NSX's here are garage queens... wow... I didn't expect this.

I am just amazed how little some of these cars are driven. But I do not have a collector mindset. I have a "user" mindset. I get a new tool, I want to use it. I bought an NSX, I REALLY REALLY want to drive it. I do think if I lived in Minnesota or Michigan I wouldn't drive my NSX much either.

I do not have a garage so my NSX sits in a shaded carport. That's the best I can do. I hate the cold wet weather we're having in Texas now - because I can't drive it. So I drive my Ridgeline on those days.

I drive my NSX every chance I get. However, since I'm usually hauling around two kids, that's not very often. That might make her a "garage queen" by default, but not intention.

I am just amazed how little some of these cars are driven. But I do not have a collector mindset. I have a "user" mindset. I get a new tool, I want to use it. I bought an NSX, I REALLY REALLY want to drive it.

To tell the truth, that is one of the high points of the NSX- you CAN drive it as much as you want. The thing is just as reliable as a Honda Accord.

Ownership of a sportscar means different things to different people. I think we all "enjoy" the cars, and we all "use" the cars. We just enjoy, and use them as we see fit.

For some that means driving them as often as possible, but for others the NSX is like an "automotive dessert" to be savored when the desire takes hold.

In both cases the car is driven for pleasure...

However you enjoy your car, there is no "wrong way" to put miles on as long as you are satisfied.

Enjoy the cars guys!

Philip

...for others the NSX is like an "automotive dessert" to be savored when the desire takes hold.

Philip

Your entire post was well said, but I liked this quote the best.

It made me laugh b/c I thought "Don't put on too many miles...they'll go straight to your hips"....:biggrin:

my first (leased '00) was a frequently driven nsx: 33k miles in 4 years (iirc, ~22k miles with ctsc installed). i parked it in the driveway, rarely covered it and only garaged it the first week i owned it or when i went on vacation. shame on me.

in the 2.25 yrs i've owned my '91, it's been garaged & covered every night, has never been in the rain and has been driven ~5k (i believe it has 32 or 33k miles on it now). this car is a garage queen for a couple of reasons:

* as much as i enjoy driving it (and i do :), i'm fairly busy on home-based projects and i really don't drive very much.

* i absolutely *love* its new car look each time i climb in it to head out for a lap.

* i collect other things (motorcycles, leaded lamps, etc) and i enjoy being something of a caretaker for this unique car.

most of the miles i put on the car come from the spirited lap i take around the bay area in the very early hours of saturday or sunday when traffic and law enforcement are non issues.

garage queen or daily drivers, we all seem to agree they're great cars we're fortunate to own.

Back