No wonder NSX's aren't selling....

I think what oscar_driver means is that he doesn't want to live a long life being responsible to the point of saving every last cent and investing it in the future, only to find years later that he has somehow become an old man and that the fun things he used to dream of no longer hold any meaning.

There's a happy medium, just as with everything else in life. Should I have bought my car? Probably not. Still, every time I start the engine, I'm glad I did.

Now, no matter how little I spend on entertainment and luxuries, I'm still happy.

Why is it when people post questions like this, the whole gang turns into financial advisors? He wants to finance an NSX and is looking for the best rates and terms. He did not make references to paying cash, his mortgage, his children, a philosophy or anything else that would fill this post up with worthless advice from others. This site is full of people that love to toot their own horn and provide useless information to those that are seeking something...a damn car!

If you know of a bank or credit union that will finance an NSX, then pass on the information. If not, then keep your financial advise to those that ask for it!

Charles Schwab

^+1 - Titanium V is right gang. Got info give it, if not save it. I have to admit I am probably guilty of some of this myself - that is tooting my own horn and not giving any useful advice.

HSBC gave me a loan for my 91 NSX no questions asked 6.99%. I only financed half of it though...paid cash for the other half. I've banked with them since I was 15 years old and they always hook me up.

Penfed.com
3.99% ,
donate to their Military Family Foundation (min $15 i think) if you're not in or related to military members.
Apply, get approved with your good credit score(720 or so)
Enjoy your sweeter life with your NSX.
Live the dream:smile:

They finance early years NSX's , they just had to find the car in their system over the phone, it's not available online.

When I talked to my bank (Navy Federal Credit Union), the agent got the info for the car, which I said would probably be a '97. She initially told me that the loan would have to be a regular personal loan at 12% interest. But once I had her actually look up the value of the car, which she had to find in the "classic car" section of the bank's auto database, she changed the rate to 5.25%.

I think banks sometimes simply look at the year of the car and if you have them research it further (it's amazing how many people know NOTHING of this car), you can maybe work something out because the value of the collateral will satisfy them.

Why is it when people post questions like this, the whole gang turns into financial advisors? He wants to finance an NSX and is looking for the best rates and terms. He did not make references to paying cash, his mortgage, his children, a philosophy or anything else that would fill this post up with worthless advice from others. This site is full of people that love to toot their own horn and provide useless information to those that are seeking something...a damn car!

If you know of a bank or credit union that will finance an NSX, then pass on the information. If not, then keep your financial advise to those that ask for it!

Charles Schwab

amen

It helps using a bank you normally deal with perhaps. Do you have that much cash to borrow against your own money? Any CD's to borrow against. I suppose being in california you're just a number, so the local branches really don't matter much.

I googled some internet banks, and they seemed to be able to help.

Last edited:
Used car sales in general for the last year and a half have been a nightmare as some of you may know.
I work at a used car dealership with about 130 units In inventory which for our small town we have the largest
Used car dealership ....my point being...we used to have about 12-15 different lenders..now we have about
4 we can depend on. Within the last couple months our main lender changed the rules on cars older than
1999 making it extremely tough to get financed and if they make an exception you will pay personal
Loan interest rates. Its rather discouraging. As far as the nsx if you have enough down...you should still
Be able to get financed if you can meet their requirements. Go into your credit union and talk to your loan officer
Sometimes they can go to the top and get an exception ...again something we do all the time. So
With that being said if you go to the bank and act the gentleman that you are...you might surprise yourself
With a car loan you weren't expecting ;)

Bill

Charles Schwab

I just snickered during a con call Webex when reading this and seconds later, "Can whomever sneezed, mute their line?"

thanks for the useful info to those who gave it...Looks like PenFed is the shiznit 3.99%!!! applied today so cross my fingers...we'll see:smile:

thanks for the useful info to those who gave it...Looks like PenFed is the shiznit 3.99%!!! applied today so cross my fingers...we'll see:smile:

Good Luck!

I am using cash to buy my next car. It is hard to find financing right now so cash is king. To the response about investing in a rental property....I have two of them and it is not a fun time for that either. You can get the property cheap however, find a good renter who pays on time, has a good job/good credit and enough to cash to move in. I wish I could sell one of my homes right now but the market is sh*t. Everyone is losing their jobs or barely hanging on to them. It isn't a great time to be a landlord IMO. The problem with Condos in my experience is they don't appreciate as much as single family homes. That goes for where I live at least.

There are Pros and Cons to everything right now I am finding.

Charles Schwab

Great post man & needed to be stated. :smile:

Back