• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new ScienceofSpeed Engine Hatch Struts

Chris@SoS said:
hi Martin --

I will send you a quote. European cars are the same in design. I have heard that different struts were offered in Canada and some European countries with a slightly higher gas pressure due to the colder climate. This will not be an issue with ours as they have a lifting force that is about 5 lbs heavier per side.

take care,
-- Chris

Thanks

I need the engine hatch struts too. But I am not in a hurry. So when the trunk struts are ready let me know and I take them all. My NSX will be parked more or less until april/may.

Regards

martin said:
Thanks

I need the engine hatch struts too. But I am not in a hurry. So when the trunk struts are ready let me know and I take them all. My NSX will be parked more or less until april/may.

Regards

hi Martin --

Sounds good. Just stay tuned to NSXPrime to read a release as the trunk struts are still in development.

cheers,
-- Chris

hi Chris,

I'd like to know if I buy these struts today or tomorrow the price shown includes the shipping to France (I live in France) . If it's not a case, could you give me the cost of transport to France.

Thanks,
Francis

steady said:
hi Chris,

I'd like to know if I buy these struts today or tomorrow the price shown includes the shipping to France (I live in France) . If it's not a case, could you give me the cost of transport to France.

Thanks,
Francis

hi Francis --

We knock off $10 off the cost for our international customers for orders placed before this Friday. EMS air shipping is $48.90. If you are interested in buying a set, please e-mail us with your address and phone for delivery and we will send you a quote.

regards,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
hi Francis --

We knock off $10 off the cost for our international customers for orders placed before this Friday. EMS air shipping is $48.90. If you are interested in buying a set, please e-mail us with your address and phone for delivery and we will send you a quote.

regards,
-- Chris

Will that also include me? I am a sure thing you know :smile:

I am just waiting for the trunkies. And I will probably buy some other stuff too.

Regards

martin said:
Will that also include me? I am a sure thing you know :smile:

I am just waiting for the trunkies. And I will probably buy some other stuff too.

Regards

If you'd like to place an order by tomorrow, we can honor the discount. We can put these items on the shelf if you are trying to decide on some other items in the meantime.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Today is the day everyone. Last day for free shipping on our hatch struts. Please call in your orders or place online before midnight tonight for the free shipping.

Jeff M

JeffM@SoS said:
Today is the day everyone. Last day for free shipping on our hatch struts. Please call in your orders or place online before midnight tonight for the free shipping.

Jeff M

Sent a mail right now. If the timezones are in my favour I saved a few bucks :biggrin:

Regards

Hi

Looks really nice. I can't wait until I get mine..uh. I have to wait as I am waiting for the trunk struts too.

Chris told me the other day that he will know if the trunk struts will be doable or not in a week or so. I guess christmas came too fast on him as it did on me so I guess we will know in january.

Regards

I installed mine. Great product...definitely more clearance for your head while working on the car. As the instructions state, be VERY careful with not stripping the 3 phillips head screws that hold down the wire cover. I had to use 3 different screwdrivers and the right angle to get leverage in an awkward position. On a side note, you realize how friggin' heavy the glass hatch is during this install...think this was a ploy by SOS to sell their lexan hatches :wink: :wink:

Jeff

Racerxjling said:
I installed mine. Great product...definitely more clearance for your head while working on the car. As the instructions state, be VERY careful with not stripping the 3 phillips head screws that hold down the wire cover. I had to use 3 different screwdrivers and the right angle to get leverage in an awkward position. On a side note, you realize how friggin' heavy the glass hatch is during this install...think this was a ploy by SOS to sell their lexan hatches :wink: :wink:

Jeff

I did it in place and just changed out each strut. Did not mess with the wires at all. I dont know if this was harder or easier but install took about 30 minutes for both.

Bailey -- Thanks for the photos and feedback, I appreciate it. All orders have been filled up till 12 days ago. Our next batch will be completed and ready to ship on the 10th. If you have any questions, please let us know.

regards,
-- Chris

Chris@SoS said:
Bailey -- Thanks for the photos and feedback, I appreciate it. All orders have been filled up till 12 days ago. Our next batch will be completed and ready to ship on the 10th. If you have any questions, please let us know.

regards,
-- Chris

No problem Chris and thanks again for another great product.

hi Jimmy --

The design has been tested and confirmed. We're probably looking about 2-3 weeks out.

take care,
-- Chris

Good news Chris. Mine are literally dying a slow death as I type. I'll hold off a month for a better product.:biggrin:

Back