New owner of a 2005 NSX with 6000 Miles on it saying HI!

It's definitely savable. It starts right up and goes through gears. Plus it only has 6000 Miles on it. That's nothing. Insurance company's use dealer pricing and only use new parts. Meaning the cost to fix it sky rockets. Now, to the original owner I can very much see where they are coming from when they say they don't want it back. They paid for a new car, they want and expect a new car. Then we come in, buy this car for a fraction of the price, fix it for no labour costs (we're in the industry though) and get an extremely nice car for half the price.

Already talked to the original owner of the car. Very nice and helpful guy. Even going out of his way to help me out.

Think I saw on another thread that the insurance company repair estimate on this thing was somewhere near $90k. That would suggest some extensive frame damage.Door gaps and left side front frame rail would seem to confirm this. I have taken on a few salvage projects in my day but these cars are tough. Can't pull anything, the minute you do parts break. Having said that, anything is possible....don't want to rain on your parade, so best of luck. Look forward to seeing it all healthy again.

^^Thanks for the input and I definitely won't argue with experience. I will keep everyone updated. What the original owner told me is that they estimated $80K in parts only. That means about $10 to fix it. Which is about on par for some body work/ paint and a tug (not a rub though :) ).

It's definitely savable. It starts right up and goes through gears. Plus it only has 6000 Miles on it. That's nothing. Insurance company's use dealer pricing and only use new parts. Meaning the cost to fix it sky rockets. Now, to the original owner I can very much see where they are coming from when they say they don't want it back. They paid for a new car, they want and expect a new car. Then we come in, buy this car for a fraction of the price, fix it for no labour costs (we're in the industry though) and get an extremely nice car for half the price.

Already talked to the original owner of the car. Very nice and helpful guy. Even going out of his way to help me out.

there definitely seems to be minor frame damage around the rad support area, but it doesn't not look bad enough to warrant the rails to replaced from those photos. You definitely will need time to pull and repair each individual rail and the apron. I need some under hood shots to get a better idea of how bent the frame is.

Wow...if your able to fix it and she drives straight then you've definately got yourself a good deal.

Subscribing to this post for sure.

Here's a picture of the car when it was purchased in Las Vegas.

IMG_3295sm.jpg

^^Thanks silverNEEK. Hopefully it will look like that again soon. With so many members on this forum how does everyone know this car so well?

there are onlyh 241 '05's around,;) red is one of the rarer colors for '05. this one was on Ebay at one point in AZ....I missed the auction. it was for sale in Vegas after that at an Acura dealership in late '07. I was going to pay for it on a Saturday, but the owner of the dealer and I got into it regarding $700 in doc fees right before I was about to drive out to get the car....i refused the doc fees because the car was going to cali...neither of us would budge. The following Monday I think it sold to Nsxtech for $73k. he took the car to canada, then had the mishap. now you have it.....

there you go :)

there are onlyh 241 '05's around,;) red is one of the rarer colors for '05. this one was on Ebay at one point in AZ....I missed the auction. it was for sale in Vegas after that at an Acura dealership in late '07. I was going to pay for it on a Saturday, but the owner of the dealer and I got into it regarding $700 in doc fees right before I was about to drive out to get the car....i refused the doc fees because the car was going to cali...neither of us would budge. The following Monday I think it sold to Nsxtech for $73k. he took the car to canada, then had the mishap. now you have it.....

there you go :)

Oh so it's your fault! This never would have happened to this car if you'd just paid the $700. :rolleyes:

p.s. I'm kidding of course.:smile:

Oh so it's your fault! This never would have happened to this car if you'd just paid the $700. :rolleyes:

p.s. I'm kidding of course.:smile:

I am sorry:( I didnt pay the $700 out of principle!!! I paid significantly more that $73k for my yellow one lol...but again, yellow was my #1 choice, so had to pay up...

Hey welcome to the forum.

I am in Edmonton as well. I would love to see this car. I am interested in seeing how and what survived. I am also interested in the project itself. A great time to learn about the car from a very different view point.

Good luck with the project.

Send me a private message if you are interested in meeting.

Hey welcome to the forum.

I am in Edmonton as well. I would love to see this car. I am interested in seeing how and what survived. I am also interested in the project itself. A great time to learn about the car from a very different view point.

Good luck with the project.
Send me a private message if you are interested in meeting.

Good luck from me too! I don't think that the price paid was too high based upon the working parts, but I think that you've got more in store ahead than you may appreciate right now and Im somewhat fearful for the next owner based upon your appetite to buy the cheapest parts to fix this you can. I'm betting $25k parts to fix it. I think that you'd make more easier money by parting it out given that it is probably worth no more than $40k all fixed up, and that assumes no visible (either visual or by driving) evidence of the accident. Id part it out and save the supreme headaches that are coming.

Last edited:
Bram, Ian D: thanks for the wish of good luck.

warrenw: I am very interested in meeting up with a fellow NSX owner. I've only ever seen one in Edmonton and that was the guy off 780tuners. I will PM you when I'm at the shop. My bro is doing a lot of the work since he is the skill side of our operation. I'll let you know.

BioBanker: Thank you for the good luck. I'm positive we can make our money back just by parting out the parts that are good as well. The way pricing of cars works up here is COMPLETELY different then the way it works in the states. Look through a Canada autotrader and these thing's are still listed for $75-80K. And Guys in the US always say it's crazy but cars do sell here. Some people don't want to go shopping over the border. So I feel very differently on the situation. If I was in the states and bought this car, you'd better believe I'd be advertising it in Canada. Also, I know you didn't mean anything negative by it but I AM NOT looking for the cheapest parts. That was a bad way to put it. I am looking for the least expensive OEM parts. There definitely is a difference there. About the only thing that I'm interested in aftermarket at this point are the wheels. Since buying OEM one's will add greatly to the cost. Plus I can make some money back by selling the one good one to someone who goes croos country a lot and doesn't want to use the spacesaver on the highway in case of a flat.

Thanks to everyone who PM'd me so far. We already have over half the parts we need lined up in a "purchase pending". This forum is great.

Woops, just noticed you were in Toronto. You should know about the pricing issues between here and the US then :)

We're still going to go ahead and fix it. If it ends up costing more then so be it. It will be a fun car I'm sure. Although the closest proper track is 300km away :mad:

Wow... looks like a decent project! Your car doesn't look all that bad, I should know I've got one myself, I dunno which looks worse yours or mine... probably mine :wink:

There are a few people that might be able to help you with parts here on Prime, PM me... Best of luck with your project! Can't wait to see what it will look like all done :smile:

^^Thanks. I've been getting a surprising amount of people willing to help me out. I really thought I was going to spend a lot of money in parts. As of right now I need a passenger airbag, seat belts, ac condenser and lip kit. Everything else I found for a total of about $3500. So I'm not doing too bad at all :)

Yep! Agree that there is a big difference between Can and US pricing and I hope it all works out. But I dont see these cars selling for those prices you list. Hope yours does though because that means mines worth more than I thought (and I have a CDN car, first owner before the $$$ moved).

Good luck - but be prepared for some tricky fixes.

Looks pretty good but I think that odometer looks rolled, also the car looks like it was repainted red from black based on the rear inner fender.

Hope to see you on the road after you re-align the wheels and wash it.

Cars not a repaint, probably just undercoating your seeing. Frank

I know, I'm just causing trouble. Before seeing those pictures I had no idea what the inner parts looked like. I was surprised to see black in that area.

And I guess technically the car wasn't rolled so the odometer has also never been rolled.

Damn. That's cold.

Ski's interpretation:
"I unfortunately wrecked this NSX. It's fucked. It's so fucked that, even as a dedicated NSX technician/expert, I can't fix this thing. Thanks StateFarm."

NO it's just after going thru somthing bad like this you just want to see it go away. I wish him luck with the job although I think it will cost more than they think. All depends on how well they plan to fix it.

Back