New owner of a 2005 NSX with 6000 Miles on it saying HI!

I just bought a 2005 NSX. It has 6000 Miles on it and is completely stock with a little unwanted modification (pictures below but don't scroll down yet). I myself am coming from the world of Subaru's. I own a pre WRX Impreza (they did exist before the WRX contrary to what most people think) of which they only made 14000 of them from 98-01. They came with a non-turbo engine though. So I found a crashed WRX and swapped out the entire drivetrain in it right down to the all the little suspension bits. You can read more about it here if you wish:

http://www.rs25.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65042

<y brother owns a 95 MK4 TT Supra which is an absolute monster. So we're both no strangers to nice cars.

We found this NSX in Saskatchewan, Canada. In my opinion we paid a very low amount for it. The car starts right up and goes through all the gears. It doesn't throw any check engine lights of any sort. It does throw the ABS light though (refer to pictures for reasons why). There is really not much more to say.

The pictures:

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture034-2.jpg

Picture035-3.jpg

Picture036-2.jpg

Picture037-2.jpg

Picture038-1.jpg

I'm not sure how anal this forum is about searching but if anybody wants to a venture a preliminary guess as yo what we need you're more then welcome to.

All suspension in the left rear is needed, all suspension in the front along with the crossmember is needed. Three wheels are taco'd. Front bumper is getting plstic welded so we need a left front fender and the left rear quarter panel. Air bag system is needed as well.

My question is this. what suspension parts are interchangeable between the years? What airbag system is interchaneable? I read somewhere that the lip kit changed in 2002. Also needed is a passenger side door window. If anybody has any suggestions to use either OEM parts or aftermarket parts I would love to hear them. I'm thinking I'm going to go aftermarket rims off the start to save a crap load of money and then even make some money back by selling the one good wheel. Also I need things such as sway bars which got bent. Those will probably be aftermarket as well. I'm going to spend a lot of time in the classified's here that's for sure.

All comments good and bad welcome.

It does not look too bad at all but does it have any frame damage? Looks like you have a shop or a garage to start on this project and you know what your doing. It would be awsome once its done. We would love to see the end result. Good luck and welcome to prime.

What happened to this NSX? Is this the NSX that went through a chain link fence and was recently auctioned off in Canada?

How much did it cost? ( I know tacky question)

to answer your question: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The car is sold for $24,879.00 Canadian

this is the original ad for this car when it was mint...

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89975&highlight=2005

this is where it was auctioned at after...
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100868

I would hope someone nurses her back to health...very rare car..

24!? How much are the repairs going to cost? I can't imagine that getting it back into prime shape will cost less than a similar car that was never in an accident...

I can almost hear it like in a movie as it whispers, straining to breath.. "kill me, please!" As if it knows it will never be the same even if it survives.

haha. I wish you luck.

While I take my hat off to you for trying to resurrect this one proud sport car, these pictures make me want to cry.

Good luck 99 rs on the repairs! I'd love to see the "after" photos when you get done.

Nsxrtd: thank you for the welcome. We do have a shop and my brother works directly in the industry of fixing cars. This car is going to be a joke to fix. It's finding the parts that we're worried about.

supra2nv: yes, it will be nicely repaired and all cleaned. I will keep everyone posted on the progress and the before and after pictures.

davidf: if it costs less then an OEM rear quarter panel then that's what it will be :)

KSXNSX: pricing works A LOT differently up here. Believe me. What you guys think is outrageous is "the norm" for us. Even if we bought the parts new from the dealer (with body shop discount) and fixed it using new parts we'd still come out on top. Mainly because my brother is doing the repairs at the shop he works at and is free of charge.

Jetpilot3: at a glance it didn't look bad at all. Take a look in the pictures where the passenger headlight and hood come together. Everything is level and true. The bumper we have absolutely no worries about. We've fixed FAR worse then this before.

chado, osugrad97, Da Hapa, RACERnsX: your wish of luck is accepted. Please check back every once in a while for updated pictures.
I will keep you guys poasted of the progress.

So far the thing that is holding us back is finding th parts. We are in no rush to get this car done but we want to enjoy it as fast as we can. Right now it's at a stand still untill we get the parts in. We're working on a complete list of parts we need and I will post it up soon. Thanks to everyone for the comments and a bigger thatnks to the people already PM'ing me about parts they have. The pressing issues right now are the suspension bits and quarter panel.

that car definitely looks savable. I'm surprised the insurance company wrote it off and lost money on it. Good luck and don't let a 02+ go to the bone yard.

Back