New owner here

Congrats on the NSX!! Your life will never be the same....well...I know my has not been since I started daily driving my NSXs approximately 15 years ago. :redface:

See you guys tomorrow around noon. May be late as I'm coming straight over from church.

Very nice, I just bought one last week.
First time I ever drove a NSX and had to buy it.
Welcome and have fun with this GREAT car.
As you know, I cant believe how much fun this car is to drive.
Cant wait to take it along the coast highway this weekend.

Attachments

• NSX_CUT251.jpg
    NSX_CUT251.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Just a small update. Up to 148K now and still having a blast. It was nice meeting you Ponyboy. Your car is very impressive.

Great meeting you as well. Look forward to hearing about the projects you have planned for your NSX. And hope the chassis bar is working well for you too.

Trip to the VLA and Trinity site a few weekends ago.

Socorro

IMG_0041.jpg

VLA

IMG_0062.jpg

Magdalena fault marker

IMG_0073.jpg

Trinity Site parking lot (exciting I know!)

IMG_0208.jpg

Rear view after an exploded coolant line in the morning on the way to the VLA.

Trinity%20Trip%20Resized

Patched it with duct tape at the VLA and limped into Magdalena. Bought a used Chevy hose for $5 and spent over an hour getting it swapped out. I meant to swap those before the trip....

More pics if you're bored. http://honda-perf.net/images/events/Trinity Trip Resized/

After owning mine for 6 months now I still love looking at pics like this. These cars look beautiful to my eye. Just like a jet fighter!

I would say get all those hoses replaced like yesterday - when one breaks others can't be far behind. I'm sure you know this but that's the really big treachery for these cars. The hoses are more important that just about anything on the time issue. More so than the TB/WP even in my opinion. All things being equal that is. Good luck on your trip. Hope your car didn't over heat!

What kind of springs/shocks are you running? They don't look stock - the ride height that is - looks lower.

You know maybe it's just me but I really liked the looks of the original wheels on your car. I'm thinking of putting them back on my 91. The first pictures just look great. Maybe it's the light on the new wheels - they just don't seem to stand out against the red body color. Probably just the photo?

Mark my words, the 91-93 boat anchors will make a comeback...;)

Funny how those boat anchors are lighter than my Volks... I agree, eventually those 15/16 combos will be worth more than the recycle value.:smile:

Thats why Im holding on to my OEM 15/16 set-up, they are factory Chrome, nasty, but Im gonna get them re-finished

do you guys like the OEM 15/16 chrome look or should I have them refinished to the grey look? the chrome is heavier im sure

Cool pics, thanks for the update. I recognized the first picture in this thread right off the bat - interesting to see the progress at Hoover Dam since I drive that stretch of road VERY often. The bridge roadway was almost 100% connected the last time I crused through. You should make another trip back out this way!

What kind of springs/shocks are you running? They don't look stock - the ride height that is - looks lower.

You know maybe it's just me but I really liked the looks of the original wheels on your car. I'm thinking of putting them back on my 91. The first pictures just look great. Maybe it's the light on the new wheels - they just don't seem to stand out against the red body color. Probably just the photo?

Zanardi springs and Konis.

No I agree. I like the look of the stock wheels. I just needed more rubber for this years autox track day season.

Mark my words, the 91-93 boat anchors will make a comeback...;)

I have 2 sets now. The Weds Sports are horribly heavy. I'll be switching to somethign lighter when I can afford to. I think the trade off of weight for grip is acceptable for autox.

Back